Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

That’s great news! Why would it be the end of the month? That’s a long time away!

Yes I need to see the new car now, heartbroken haha.

Thought it was a long time myself but the dealer says its due to the backlog at the port and with transportation. Can't do anything about it so might as well enjoy the wait. At least I still have my current RS3. Your wait will be worth it. Awesome colour you have chosen :grinning:

Thought it was a long time myself but the dealer says its due to the backlog at the port and with transportation. Can't do anything about it so might as well enjoy the wait. At least I still have my current RS3. Your wait will be worth it. Awesome colour you have chosen :grinning:

Aw that’s not what I wanted to hear!! A backlog at the UK port? My car has to be at the detailer 5 weeks Monday at the absolute latest, which is the build date.

Aw that’s not what I wanted to hear!! A backlog at the UK port? My car has to be at the detailer 5 weeks Monday at the absolute latest, which is the build date.

But mine has gone to Tyne rather than Grimsby or Sheerness so it may be different for you

How sads this, nowhere near collecting my car (April) but I’m really looking forward to the test drive tomorrow ha :racer:

Reactions: neg
How sads this, nowhere near collecting my car (April) but I’m really looking forward to the test drive tomorrow ha :racer:

Seems to have taken forever to come around :O

Get that review up ASAP! Mention me in it please, so I see it as soon as I can.

Reactions: FBF01

Ha, it has. 11am tomorrow. Hoping for a good hour in the car. And yeh, will be sure too mention you in the review :)

It doesn’t have the sports exhaust sadly :( , had a look on Stirling Audi’s Facebook, appears to be very basic spec, with the exception of the sports seats. Still, can’t wait!!!!!!

Can’t wait to see pics of your mica pup :yes:

It is such an incredible blue.

Could be a tough call between yours & Jassys lol .... both epic colours though :sunglasses:

Ha, it has. 11am tomorrow. Hoping for a good hour in the car. And yeh, will be sure too mention you in the review :)

It doesn’t have the sports exhaust sadly :( , had a look on Stirling Audi’s Facebook, appears to be very basic spec, with the exception of the sports seats. Still, can’t wait!!!!!!

Great, will keep an eye on the forum around midday then :D

That’s alright, make sure you get a decent drive and then trouble yourself with wondering how yours could possibly sound better than it. One thing to note with it (I hope the sports exhaust is different), sitting at 3500rpm you don’t get any noise like the PFL, you have to be on it to get any noise. Don’t be disappointed when it’s quiet in 2nd, the valves are shut annoyingly. Make sure you drop the window and boot it.

You will love it!

Can’t wait to see pics of your mica pup :yes:

It is such an incredible blue.

Could be a tough call between yours & Jassys lol .... both epic colours though :sunglasses:

Me neither! Really strange not being able to imagine / see what it will look like. Had I ordered Daytona etc I could have looked at a Daytona car. When I see it, it really will be a first haha. I’ve seen a PFL in Mica Blue several times, but no FL... quite nervous.

I will be sure to post some photos as soon as I see it, it will likely be a week later before it gets detailed.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and FBF01
Me neither! Really strange not being able to imagine / see what it will look like. Had I ordered Daytona etc I could have looked at a Daytona car. When I see it, it really will be a first haha. I’ve seen a PFL in Mica Blue several times, but no FL... quite nervous.

I will be sure to post some photos as soon as I see it, it will likely be a week later before it gets detailed.

No need to be nervous one bit .... it WILL look amazing !!!!!! :yes:

Reactions: Radman
No need to be nervous one bit .... it WILL look amazing !!!!!! :yes:

Thanks for the reassurance, I’m sure it will.

I look at the colour in some photos and don’t like it, but I’m sure I won’t be able to dislike it when it’s mine.

I’ve got a few fantastic shots of it, extremely bright... counting down the days now :D

Reactions: FBF01 and Snake Pliskin
Its a cracking colour - I think the car is going to look fantastic in it.

Reactions: AudiNutta
@AudiNutta

Test drive done. No sports exhaust, but on start up the burbles were superb!

Had the window open like suggested and straight to dynamic mode, quite frankly not interested in any other modes! However, from hooning the thing on the back roads, 20mpg lol. It’s been passed about the garage at the moment and every lads booting it, so average mpg is 24 lol. Sure over time once the engine beds in, along with a sedate drive that would improve quite substantially...or so I’m hoping.

Under gentle acceleration the noise is really nice, but under hard acceleration and on those up shifts it sounds unreal. Can only imagine what the sports exhaust sounds like!!!!!!

First impression is that it was so god damn smooth. No mag ride, but I wouldn’t say it was a crashy ride at all. Handles really well in the corner, every bit as good as my R, and substantially better than the S3 I’ve test driven.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a quick car, and after 100 leptons, on my private airstrip I must add, it just pulled to stupid speeds and easily. However, getting back in my Golf R, didn’t feel like I was 100bhp down oddly. However, side by side, sure there would be a sizeable difference, maybe to do wih not rowing through the gears like my manual and how smooth it is. Gets to speeds very quickly.

Looking forward to April :)

Reactions: neg, Phil3 and AudiNutta
He also said he got it wrong with the tax, it is 1200 not 800. So how does that work exactly, as I thought all new cars were taxed, so would that 1200 not just be built in to the cost of the car? Ta

@AudiNutta

Had the window open like suggested and straight to dynamic mode, quite frankly not interested in any other modes! However, from hooning the thing on the back roads, 20mpg lol. It’s been passed about the garage at the moment and every lads booting it, so average mpg is 24 lol. Sure over time once the engine beds in, along with a sedate drive that would improve quite substantially...or so I’m hoping.

Under gentle acceleration the noise is really nice, but under hard acceleration and on those up shifts it sounds unreal. Can only imagine what the sports exhaust sounds like!!!!!!

First impression is that it was so god damn smooth. No mag ride, but I wouldn’t say it was a crashy ride at all. Handles really well in the corner, every bit as good as my R, and substantially better than the S3 I’ve test driven.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a quick car, and after 100 leptons, on my private airstrip I must add, it just pulled to stupid speeds and easily. However, getting back in my Golf R, didn’t feel like I was 100bhp down oddly. However, side by side, sure there would be a sizeable difference, maybe to do wih not rowing through the gears like my manual and how smooth it is. Gets to speeds very quickly.

Glad you enjoyed it! It’s an awesome car, can’t beat the noise.

He also said he got it wrong with the tax, it is 1200 not 800. So how does that work exactly, as I thought all new cars were taxed, so would that 1200 not just be built in to the cost of the car? Ta

This is because they realised their mistake and didn’t add it with the different wheels. It will be built into the cost of the car, but the cost will now be £400 more.

If they have done the deal at £800 (as my dealer has) then they are just going to have to wear it.

@AudiNutta

Was the test drive a sportback or a saloon?

If they have done the deal at £800 (as my dealer has) then they are just going to have to wear it.

Judging by how damn stubborn my dealer has been, whether I’ve had no discount or not they will probably end up forcing me into paying the £400.
I have an invoice with the £800 tax on as well as the wheels, wonder if that’s enough.
My goal is to sign the finance documents before the car is registered, hopefully that will be sufficient to say sorry, too late deal agreed.

My dealer is honours their ‘mistake’ and paying the £400 difference... I never even questioned it, he just said don’t worry about that we’ll pay

AudiNutta... if I were you I’d refuse to take the car if they were making you pay the £400, just out of principal. It’s their mistake, not yours... I’m sure they’ll be quick enough to pay it then

My dealer is honours their ‘mistake’ and paying the £400 difference... I never even questioned it, he just said don’t worry about that we’ll pay

AudiNutta... if I were you I’d refuse to take the car if they were making you pay the £400, just out of principal. It’s their mistake, not yours... I’m sure they’ll be quick enough to pay it then

They won’t that’s the problem, I made a non-refundable deposit because of the Exclusive Colour.

Last week I questioned them refusing to give me the discount for the Sport pack, the next few emails I had mentioned on the bottom if I’m not happy he will refund my deposit. Only because they know my car would be sold within a matter of hours, if that long because of the spec and availability so soon! I know if I threaten to not collect it, they will say “Ok, deposit is on its way” leaving me with no car. They know how to play my bluff.
Having those refund offers made really p***** me off, it’s a bit ****** late to be offering refunds now the S3 is gone!!!

Reactions: Phil3
They won’t that’s the problem, I made a non-refundable deposit because of the Exclusive Colour.

Last week I questioned them refusing to give me the discount for the Sport pack, the next few emails I had mentioned on the bottom if I’m not happy he will refund my deposit. Only because they know my car would be sold within a matter of hours, if that long because of the spec and availability so soon! I know if I threaten to not collect it, they will say “Ok, deposit is on its way” leaving me with no car. They know how to play my bluff.
Having those refund offers made really p***** me off, it’s a bit ****** late to be offering refunds now the S3 is gone!!!

I get what your saying now mate... another thing to consider ans what I found out off my dealer on Friday; if a new car order is refused upon collection, the salesman looses £500 (I’m just assuming this is normal, it could just be my dealer though?!) so it’s still in his best interests to cover the £400 mistake for you

I get what your saying now mate... another thing to consider ans what I found out off my dealer on Friday; if a new car order is refused upon collection, the salesman looses £500 (I’m just assuming this is normal, it could just be my dealer though?!) so it’s still in his best interests to cover the £400 mistake for you

The car is sort after, extremely and in an Exclusive Blue (not an odd colour), it would fly off the shelves sadly. They’d probably sell it quicker than they could generate my finance docs.

Will try my best and take it to the Head of Business, invoice should be final and they should ensure it’s correct before they generate it and send to the customer.

The car is sort after, extremely and in an Exclusive Blue (not an odd colour), it would fly off the shelves sadly. They’d probably sell it quicker than they could generate my finance docs.

Will try my best and take it to the Head of Business, invoice should be final and they should ensure it’s correct before they generate it and send to the customer.

Hopefully you can get it covered for you mate... be interested to see what happens. Fingers crossed! It shoulds like you have a very stubborn dealer indeed!

Still a liccle bit tempted to opt for the FL...Cant justify paying for new RS4 and my only other option in a couple of years would be a second hand FL?

Hopefully you can get it covered for you mate... be interested to see what happens. Fingers crossed! It shoulds like you have a very stubborn dealer indeed!

Fingers crossed, I’m sure you will come across the outcome on here anyway haha.

Reactions: Phil3
Still a liccle bit tempted to opt for the FL...Cant justify paying for new RS4 and my only other option in a couple of years would be a second hand FL?

Oooh :D The new RS4 looks great, but not as good as the B8 IMO. You have the issue of price tag and then the issue of engine, change to that engine and you will likely be disappointed coming from the RS3 and the loud RS3 at that.
Put it this way, you have a mega loud RS3... the two options on the plate are; Loud RS3, quiet RS4. The FL is still a loud car by anyone’s standards!

Some nice RS3’s out there now to look at.

This video puts it into perspective, the 5-pot just drowns out any other noise and overwhelms any environment:

Plus, watch any of the ring test videos... you can barely hear the RS4 when it’s smack bang in front of the camera. The FL RS3, you can hear it 3/4 turns away.

Reactions: Radman, Terminator x and FBF01
Well feels more official now its been cleaned etc and my god this car in fantastic ! Even the wife agree's it sounds awesome.

Had a few personal touches done whilst detailing was being carried out...

Revo RV019's in Smoked chrome effect, had these already but had the colour changed
quattro stickers in dark grey - to match the front emblem
Black Audi rings front and back
Black RS3 badge
oh and gtechniq CS Black coating + Interior + Wheels + Glass

Really wasnt sure about about the wheels and ordered some OZ's but now these are on I really quite like them.

Attachments

• Side-RV019.JPG
    Side-RV019.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 331
  • Rear.JPG
    Rear.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 334
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 344
Reactions: Evotion, MartS300, FBF01 and 3 others
Well feels more official now its been cleaned etc and my god this car in fantastic ! Even the wife agree's it sounds awesome.

Had a few personal touches done whilst detailing was being carried out...

Revo RV019's in Smoked chrome effect, had these already but had the colour changed
quattro stickers in dark grey - to match the front emblem
Black Audi rings front and back
Black RS3 badge
oh and gtechniq CS Black coating + Interior + Wheels + Glass

Really wasnt sure about about the wheels and ordered some OZ's but now these are on I really quite like them.

That looks fantastic! I love seeing owners collect and enjoy their cars, it’s not just a discussion here anymore :D

Apart from the ACC radar in the front, looks great. Audi really need to follow VW FL Golfs and build it into the logo.

That looks perfect mate... the alloys suit the car no end! Enjoy your motor!

Looks good but I never understood the desire to change the badges! Or add a Quattro decal. I think they make it look like a boy racer went crazy on the car (if you are one then never mind!).

I understand changing the alloys if you don’t like what you had before. What alloys did you have before @neg

A lot of aftermarket wheels look a bit naff imo but those really suit the car - especially in white.

Looks great.

Looks good but I never understood the desire to change the badges! Or add a Quattro decal. I think they make it look like a boy racer went crazy on the car (if you are one then never mind!).

I understand changing the alloys if you don’t like what you had before. What alloys did you have before @neg

I just had the standard alloys, didn't see the point on upgrading to the same in a different colour when I dont like them, this is an RS car afterall and I just think the rotor style is very common on all models.

Badges are a personal thing I suppose - on a different colour I probably wouldn't have but on a white car with the black pack I thought I would try it. Its a subtle difference without changing it too much, "oem+" is what they call it. If we were all the same it would be boring, I don't feel I have spoiled the look at all and not gone crazy, this is about as much as I would on the outside - still deciding on the quattro decals but I had them so thought I would see how they looked.

I changed wheels, suspension, badges and added a spoiler to my previous Golf R - it may sound a lot but if you saw it they were all very suited to the car, in some ways (the spoiler) made it look a lot better and everyone who saw it liked it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evotion, dunes7 and AudiNutta
Apart from the ACC radar in the front, looks great. Audi really need to follow VW FL Golfs and build it into the logo.

Have to agree and that is bug bare of mine too - the ACC square plate doesn't look great and is very lazy by Audi.

Car looks superb though and love the alloys.

Two nice features VW did were the reverse camera in the rear badge and moving the radar into the VW emblem. Audi rings dont really work well for this but like you say I am sure they could done something else. I am used to it as had it before so doesn't bother me.