1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTS - Bluetooth etc

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Blackbull, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Blackbull

Blackbull New Member

Hi all, just taken delivery of shiny new TTS which I (wrongly) thought I'd spec'd up to meet all my requirements. I've got the Nav Plus package with the enhanced phone dock facility- no cradle though. There doesnt seem to be any bluetooth capability as the phone cant find the car. Do I have to buy another gizmo to make it work? Phone is a U600 Samsung. Ive even read the manual and cant find references....:banghead: I've also gone for the USB dock but feel poorly advised by the dealer as he didnt mention the SD card slots x 2! Otherwise the car is fantastic.
  2. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

If you scan for BT devices with your phone it should pick up the signal. It'll be 'Audi UHV 1234' or similar. If you're phone can't find it, you don't have it (you should also see the bluetooth logo at the bottom of the screen). If you don't have it, you can get it retro fitted, but it's about £500.

Oh, and welcome to the site :)
  3. Blackbull

Blackbull New Member

Ouch! back to the bank it is then!!! thanks for the response and the welcome!
  4. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

Not sure where you're located, but CraigyB at TCL Sat Nav is a good place to start. He travelled all the way up to Aberdeen from Manchester to fit my BT and TV in motion. Top bloke too!

http://www.tclsatnav.com/
  5. Blackbull

Blackbull New Member

Thanks for that I'll give him a call 2mrw and see what he can do.
  6. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

I think I'd be more inclined to find if it is fitted before you get too excited. If you want to PM me your chassis number I may be able to tell you.
  7. Blackbull

Blackbull New Member

Found it at last. Had to input PIN in the Car settings screen. The phone then saw it straight away. Far too technical!!!!
  8. robhills

robhills New Member

If you find that you don't have BT you may want to consider a FISCON aftermarket BT kit. Its about 250EUR and they have variants for various Audi head units. I have a TT J8 with a Symphony III + Bose upgrade and multifunction steering wheel. I ordered a FISCON basic unit and installed it myself. It's quite easy to do and is hidden behind the glove box. You need to get it coded on the CAN bus system by your dealer which costs about £50 for half an hours labour.