Trucks that overtake other trucks on the motorway..

Rich

Rollin on boost mother hubbards
Reaction score
... but take like 2 miles to do it! WHY TAKE UP TWO LANES YOU STUPID SLOW ******** STAY IN THE ****** LANE AND STOP WASTING EVERYONES TIME!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

arrrghhhhh i hate this too!

They always seem to wait until im coming up behind them to do it too!

Grr i'll join you on this one. The amount of times i've had to slam the anchors on because a trucks pulled out in front of me to overtake. It would be ok if they were quicker. But overtaking when your going half a mph faster than the truck infront is pointless.

And then you get the one where the truck thats being overtaken will speed up ever so slightly so the 2 trucks end up driving side by side to each other for like 10 minutes before one of their ****** vehicles manages to get in front of the other. you'd think the amount of time they spend on the road they'd have a clue. :S

Oh Oh.... Run Guys... You'll feel the wrath of Fallmonk any minute, and as the line says ....

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."

:undwech: :undwech: :undwech:

P.S He's one:racer: , and this is his pet subject:o.k:

Its the guy on the inside lane that particularly ****** me right off, he knows the other truck is moving slightly quicker so why doesnt he knock a couple of mph off so the truck blocking the motorway gets by quicker and every1 is happy

Common sense is lacking and probably because he dosnt want to admit his 10 Ton hunk of crap is slightly worse than his mates 10 Ton hunk of crap. This is probably my number 1 rage causer while driving on motorways as it happens so often around my area!

Mick will come along and explain his view on this which does make sense .if you were driving for say 6 hours no stop that 5 mph makes a difference but does cheese people of behind i suppose

all he needs to do is press minus on the cruise control tho, and only for a few seconds.

Arrrrghh! A34 is horrendous for this. Brilliant dual carriageway, but it's all hills. Lorries overtaking lorries going up a hill on a dual carriageway. 10 minutes stuck behind the heap of junk while he works out he's never going to make it so pulls back in. Or worse, the idiot in the car in front lets the lorry out, he eventually overtakes the other lorry and then that lorry gets the hump and pulls out to overtake the guy who's just overtaken him. And the tosser in the car lets him!!!!! If the cars in the outside lane were actually not asleep at the wheel then HGV's would rarely get the opportunity to do this.

This is worse when it's frikin rainind, and the spray from both trucks makes it a hazard to even overtake in the fast lane.... good thing I have good BHP, so can do it pretty swiftly! :racer:

Rich said:
... but take like 2 miles to do it! WHY TAKE UP TWO LANES YOU STUPID SLOW ******** STAY IN THE ****** LANE AND STOP WASTING EVERYONES TIME!!!!!!!!

:applaus: :lmfao: :iagree:

Yep, this really winds me up too.

I'm fully sympathetic to the point of view that if you're going to be on the road for a long time, you don't want to be stuck behind anything that impacts your progress in even the slightest way, that means that I do understand why, if done correctly and cooperatively, truckers can be forgiven for wishing to overtake each other; and it also means that when they're getting it exactly wrong, they're holding me up and it makes me mad.

It seems to be a trend that I spend ever more time on the M6, and I get to enjoy the poorer examples of overtaking-lorries all too often. If it's busy surely they could wait, or better yet help each other out, and as is said above, roll off a touch of speed to quicken the manouvere a bit and then both pick it up again. As Andy says, overtaking the guy who's just done you to prove your Scania really is better than his Volvo is particularly boring.

There's a nice trait to the junction near my house which makes for extra HGV related fun too; as you come up the M6 towards J32 signs for the split for the M55 start appearing REALLY early, and invariably HGVs immediately wish to prepare, and instead of waiting for the white line to change move right out to the third lane (of four). That's not too bad in itself, apart from the fact that NOBODY wants to under-take them; even though the HGV driver knows he's out there for the junction and isn't coming back inside, the dopey driver behind probably knows it too, and the rest of us in the massive queue forming behind know it too!

Regards,

Rob.

AH,I see all the driving expert's,have joined in,it has nothing to do with
what make of truck your driving,but more to do with the amount of fuel
lost ,when sitting behind another truck,and your truck is not running at
it's most efficient.Then the boss is giving you ear ache about fuel cost's,
and this is all recorded by an on board computer,that report's everything
you do back to base.It even record's when the consumption,drop's from
9mpg to 3mpg,when someone pull's out in front of you in there car,of course
no one on here would dare do that.
Rant over.

"when sitting behind another truck,and your truck is not running at
it's most efficient" - eh? Did you not cover physics in special-ed?
Slipstreaming another truck will give you more economy not less!

Yeah, it's pretty annoying! Mind you, one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen on the roads was while driving across Sussex one Sunday morning, along a country road. As I approached a village, and to my absolute horror, the articulated lorry in front of me started to overtake the lorry in front of him. After what seemed an eternity he completed the move and pulled back in, well after the 30mph limit in the village.

I do sympathise with lorry drivers though; they have to put up with a lot of dullness as well as other inept drivers day-to-day.

I have sympathy with lorry drivers too, it must be a nightmare of a job - that doesnt stop them ******* me off from time to time, as im sure i do to them on occasion.

Its just particularly annoying in scotland where many of our so called motorways have only 2 lanes. wtf

benw123 said:
I do sympathise with lorry drivers though; they have to put up with a lot of dullness as well as other inept drivers day-to-day.

Yeah, if its three lanes I normally flash them to come out and then overtake, my old man and grandfather were both truck drivers at one stage or another, the roads are full of dicks so a bit of politeness doesnt hurt especially in Germany! (where they drive like ********). Also when you enter a motorway its usually only truck drivers that make an effort to let you in...

Also when you enter a motorway its usually only truck drivers that make an effort to let you in...

To be fair I have noticed that a few times myself :)

That's right Andymac,slipstreaming does work ,but keep it for the race track,using this tecknique on the road,is very dangerous,as you have to be very close to the vehicle in front to gain any benefit.

Not a truck driver myself, but seen it done many times. I'm sure the brakes on an "arctic" can deal with it.
And we're still so surprised when yet another motorway is closed due to a jacknifed or overturned lorry.