1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time now to change the winter tyres and have 4 wheel alignment

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Veneeringman, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Veneeringman

Veneeringman Bazinga

As title suggests, I've bought 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2 tyres from Camskill, having them fitted Saturday and having 4 wheel alignment done at the same time as I believe it's good to have it checked yearly on the S3.
  2. dbm

dbm Active Member

I had a set of four fitted to my motor about a month ago - they are a great tyre.

Just waiting for the sub-zero temperatures to go away now...
  3. Rhyso

Rhyso Active Member

same here. Very impressed with the grip levels despite the temperature
  4. Persian

Persian CEO

Between the Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2 and the Michelin PS3...Which would you pick, I've heard that the PS3's have better mileage life about 30k miles.

Also how much is a good deal for 4x fitted.
  5. Veneeringman

Veneeringman Bazinga

I looked at both and the Goodyear eagles have better reviews, tyres were £420 delivered and it'll cost me £ 50 to have them fitted. Camskill were the cheapest ordered them bank holiday Monday and they were delivered this morning. Great service if you ask me !!
  6. Persian

Persian CEO

great, if they are better then the PS3's price is a win too as PS3's nearly cost £530 fitted. I was more or less going for PS3's according to this thread (Sevv added a detail description about the tyres)
  7. Veneeringman

Veneeringman Bazinga

UPDATE

well I had the 4 wheel alignment done yesterday, some of the settings were out, the mechanic was impressive actually cared about what he was doing, the garage itself was a revelation !! Very polite friendly & informative. The equipment was also impressive it was a Hunter machine and I received a print out at the end with pictures of all the different adjustments that were done. Also had the Goodyear Eagle F1's put on so will keep you informed how I find them.

The garage is Nigel Langs and it is in Bolton town centre just off the A666 superb !!!! It makes a change to find someone who actually cares about what they do !!!
  8. dbm

dbm Active Member

They are well known locally for being a good place to take AWD cars.
  9. bo

bo Member

Oooooo I am round the corner from them! Ill be getting them to check mine!