The sound that occurs when the window is left slightly open..

cha1n

Reaction score
I have a sound resembling the above coming from somewhere behind my dash on my A3. It isn't noticeable until i reach higher speeds (60 plus), does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Cheers,

Ross

Tried closing all the vents?

Sometimes it can be the wipers. Operate them and see if the sound disapears momentarily.

Also there is a situation when the air flaps are positioned in a certain way....tho I can't remember which. There was a thread recently that mentioned it.

Wow, i didn't expect any replies on this one. Funny you mention that HTC because it seems to be coming from the windscreen wiper area. I'll try that tonight and get back to you. I haven't tried closing all vents yet, but i will also try that. cheers,

Ross

May sound a bit silly but i had a similar prob and it turned out that my bonnet wasnt sitting flush as a bit of trim was in the wrong place and once i put it back in the correct area the noise dissapeared.

Good to see you finally got your motor back on the road VRBob. What was the final bill?

Aky said:
Good to see you finally got your motor back on the road VRBob. What was the final bill?

Thanks

Yup all back n running better than ever. Final bill was £1700 tom Audi who finally worked out it was a faulty Throttle Body.

Great to have the S3 back now looking at getting that Remap finally by Custom Code at Storm.

vrbob said:
Great to have the S3 back now looking at getting that Remap finally by Custom Code at Storm.

You'll have no regrets in getting CC'd

Aky said:
You'll have no regrets in getting CC'd

Good good will have to book it in for saturday as reading is a good hour away from me in sunny soton. Will wait for payday this month and then get it done.