The S4 build wait thread

I don't know if I could wait for new, plus I couldn't afford it lol.

Up since 04:30. Like a little kid hehe.

Yes, when in doubt buy the one with loads of options.....lol

Reactions: Keef and scotty76
Enjoy your collection day mate, should be nice weather too!
Get some pics up after play time!

Broom broom. Needs a clean, the paint isnt too bad, but they have not taken the polish off very well.

Already taken the V6T badges off. Looks much nicer. Will leave the S4 on the back though I think.

Really nice driving home. Just feels so much better than the A4, I guess because you know theres a V6 ready to rip under the bonnet lol.

Now to get a new job for the fuel bill......hahaha

Oil level on MMI said full at the dealer, on my driveway 3/4, but its slightly angled back. So not panicking yet! Its just on my mind from the A4. though going to take out an audi warranty for piece of mind.

Attachments

• DSC_0002 (Medium).jpg
    DSC_0002 (Medium).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC_0003 (Medium).jpg
    DSC_0003 (Medium).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0004 (Medium).jpg
    DSC_0004 (Medium).jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC_0005 (Medium).jpg
    DSC_0005 (Medium).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC_0006 (Medium).jpg
    DSC_0006 (Medium).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC_0007 (Medium).jpg
    DSC_0007 (Medium).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC_0009 (Medium).jpg
    DSC_0009 (Medium).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: AFN1980, Keef and scotty76
Rodders - looks a peach & loving the alloys...Well after months of 'dilly dallying' I can join in the thread as I've finally done the deed & yesterday put down my deposit...I had been sounding out pretty much all of the brokers (thanks to all of you guys for the info) but ended up underestimating my local dealer as they agreed to the same price & a decent enough part ex' - They surprised me tbh as it was easier than I thought it was going to be! I tried to find a used one but it was either wrong spec - right price or right spec - too pricey! So as I'm more than happy to wait....
Avant - Black edition - Daytona (*doffs cap to Keef) - Seg spoke alloys - ads - damper control - sports diff - hill hold - rear blinds - tech pack - storage pack - folding mirrors.......no super sports I'm afraid, I ran out of money!
:s4addict:

Last edited:
Reactions: ub7rm, Keef and scotty76
This had more than enough options, it even has buttons you can programme to open your garage door if your posh enough to have an electric door.

Though it was 2k over what I wanted to spend, but I had the same prob. Finding the right spec for the right money. It's put my loan up a little, but only by a monthly takeaway.

Do you not get flat bottomed steering wheel on S4 black editions?

Good to see some more S4's joining the forum, seems to be a bit of a rush with all the deals on S4/5 at the moment. The more the merrier!

Very nice Rodders, great spec - same colour and wheels as my old 3.0tdi BE

Dave, you did it! Great choice - beat up the dealer some more and get the seats chucked in!

Oh and this might be a good time to mention i have a brand new S4 FB steering wheel for sale!......

Cheers Keef, I think the FB only became std after 2013, along with a change to the gear knob & introduction of power tailgates on the avant - maybe some other stuff too?
...I'm sure this is the case as I checked with the dealer about the FB wheel and he said it was std...but I'm doubting myself now, anybody care to concur?

Last edited:
Cheers chaps.

Sure FB wheels were on later models. Would have been nice, but I guess I can't have it all lol.

Trying to decide whether to take off all the stone chip protection on the front. It keeps it nice, but it looks a bit poo. Hmmm...

Mine's being protected by a layer of flies at present. :) Off to DMC this weekend so should come back sparkly.

Reactions: Keef, Rodders. and warren_S5
Dave, yours will defo come with FB steering wheel, unless you've paid an extra £100 to gave a round one!

Reactions: ERBY
Rodders - looks a peach & loving the alloys...Well after months of 'dilly dallying' I can join in the thread as I've finally done the deed & yesterday put down my deposit...I had been sounding out pretty much all of the brokers (thanks to all of you guys for the info) but ended up underestimating my local dealer as they agreed to the same price & a decent enough part ex' - They surprised me tbh as it was easier than I thought it was going to be! I tried to find a used one but it was either wrong spec - right price or right spec - too pricey! So as I'm more than happy to wait....
Avant - Black edition - Daytona (*doffs cap to Keef) - Seg spoke alloys - ads - damper control - sports diff - hill hold - rear blinds - tech pack - storage pack - folding mirrors.......no super sports I'm afraid, I ran out of money!
:s4addict:

Nice spec, when do you expect delivery?

Really nice spec you'll have great fun and the end result is worth the wait but it does drag! I have sports seats and to be honest found the standard ones just as comfy but I liked the look of them- can't really see them when you are sat on them though!!

Reactions: ERBY
Good time to try out the quattro system or wading ability depending which bit of the SW you are in!

Hopefully more Quattro than wading?! - In sunny Cornwall, where the hoards of visitors are mounting their attack as we speak!

Ahh not too far away, well the roads will be quieter come delivery time!

Cheers Keef, I think the FB only became std after 2013, along with a change to the gear knob & introduction of power tailgates on the avant - maybe some other stuff too?

I'm pretty sure the FB wheel isn't standard... the Audi website doesn't list it as so. And my 2009 Avant has a power tailgate - one of the best features of the car IMO. Just need to get that little module now that lets me shut the boot using the remote!

Rodders.... Gorgeous car, lovely spec too. I have those seats and they are a joy to sit in. Ignore the fuel consumption, I do - have turned it off in the DIS as this is not a car in which consumption should be considered! Go out and enjoy it, put the sunroof tilted, rear parcel shelf retracted and put it in Dynamic, the noise is great. Just keep an eye on the speedo as you'll be at 90 before you know it!

I'm pretty sure the FB wheel isn't standard... the Audi website doesn't list it as so. And my 2009 Avant has a power tailgate - one of the best features of the car IMO. Just need to get that little module now that lets me shut the boot using the remote!

Rodders.... Gorgeous car, lovely spec too. I have those seats and they are a joy to sit in. Ignore the fuel consumption, I do - have turned it off in the DIS as this is not a car in which consumption should be considered! Go out and enjoy it, put the sunroof tilted, rear parcel shelf retracted and put it in Dynamic, the noise is great. Just keep an eye on the speedo as you'll be at 90 before you know it!

FB wheel is standard on a Black edition, optional extra on normal S line.

Tell me more about the module to close the boot from remote??
Sounds good, power tailgate is now standard on Avant, on my last car i paid extra for it.

Lovely car Rodders, Congrats David J.

I would be interested in the module for the boot close via remote. :)

FB wheel is standard on a Black edition, optional extra on normal S line.

Tell me more about the module to close the boot from remote??
Sounds good, power tailgate is now standard on Avant, on my last car i paid extra for it.

Apologies, I was getting my A/S models mixed up. Here's a link to the remote tailgate closure thing... It's a Kufatec product, only thing that's stopped me so far is the recent reports of poor customer service in the event of a problem.

Keef... We could have a little group modding day as I'm not far away from Warwickshire!

I was planning on doing it in a few weeks actually, but opted to retrofit hill=hold first as my other half has it on his Passat and it's very useful and outweighs the 'hassle' of having to press a button to close the boot!

….The tailgate can be opened remotely though - yes?

I love this feature on my current car - lazy...but really handy, wouldn't be without it now.

Yes mate, can be opened from the remote or switch on drivers door, but only closed from button on boot lid.

Really lazy but love it!

Module for boot close via remote - AKA 'Comfort Hatch Module '

Comfort Hatch Module - Audi A4 8K Avant-40420

Loads of info and videos out there but mostly for Q5, A7 or A6.

I always thought it didn't do this from factory as some sort of safety feature

That's right, same as th windows don auto close with the key out of the ignition, so people don't trap their heads in their own car windows. Same with the boot. It opens automatically as there's no danger of getting trapped (smacked in the face, but not trapped). I don't fall into that category of idiocy, so I'll retrofit it at some point - then try and trap my friends when they least suspect it!

So here are a few pre-detail pictures. The car has a fine collection of bug splats, dirty alloys and best of all sand rain marks. Will post some afters when I get it back. Amusingly despite the dirt the car is still really reflective so most pictures I took, I binned as they just showed reflections.

P1050700.jpg

P1050699.jpg

P1050698.jpg

P1050697.jpg

P1050696.jpg

Reactions: Keef
Nice Scotty
Make Nick earn his money! :whip:
What are you having, CQ UK or Finest?
My car looks a bit like that at the mo, too hot to clean!

Reactions: scotty76
A few post-detail pictures.

P1050704.jpg

P1050706.jpg

P1050708.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, warren_S5, Keef and 3 others
Looks fantastic, out of interest what did you have done, did you ask for a specific level of detailing? Guessing it didn't need anything too severe but you went for a machine polish with a light cutting compound followed by a sealant or wax? Just interested but either way looks great!

Looks really nice mate - wish mine was still that clean.

...You've got me toying with the idea of purchasing the Aqua Gleam filter!

Reactions: scotty76
Looks fantastic, out of interest what did you have done, did you ask for a specific level of detailing? Guessing it didn't need anything too severe but you went for a machine polish with a light cutting compound followed by a sealant or wax? Just interested but either way looks great!

I asked for a new car protection detail and left it up to DMC to suggest what the best options would be. I've used them before so trust their judgement. They came back with suggestions of CQuartz Finest or CQuartz CQUK. I went for Finest which comes with a 2 year warranty. Here's what the box says about it.

IMG_20140728_110716633_HDR.jpg

The paintwork has to be carefully prepped and the temperature and humidity must be correct for the best application. In terms of what was done it had a light polish as car had only done 750 miles so paintwork wasn't bad, followed by several wipedowns with CarPro Eraser.

Looks really nice mate - wish mine was still that clean.

...You've got me toying with the idea of purchasing the Aqua Gleam filter!

Thanks mate. Some cracking shots on the Facebook page if you have a look. Nothing like studio lighting to make it look even better!

I love the idea of the filter but it's just so much cash for water purification. Still on the fence. I am a lazy git so would be a massive time saving to rinse and walk away. There's an even more expensive option but probably more cost effective per use as lasts longer and is refillable.

Refillable 0ppm Water Filter (7 litre) RG-Filter-7L

Up to 700+ litres of pure filtered water
Refillable with new filtration granules - so much lower cost long term - £45 for refills