the repairs for my a4 since july keep coming lol

markmccormack

Reaction score
2003 audi a4 2.5tdi v6 (fwd) 163bhp 85k on the clock

2 drive shafts one needed one but decided best change both
Timing beit It as we were advised
Drivers side arms which the garage I use put the passenger side on the driverside was took to a different garage as we were starting to get problem from the garage to many time having to go back the next day
A new alternator the belt jumped thats two alternator in my last to service from to cars 170 was going to be charged but ebay again half price delivery encluded
Service which I like to do when i buy a carn
Bonnet lever snapped
Took the car for a mot wash got home the lacquer on the bonnet has patches coming so thats likely a bonnet respray same evening took the gf brother home the drivers window regulator broke lol

Treated myself to a remap after the belt service was sorted got there car was to low to use there dyno(they use a dynopac) It saved me 70 pound completely transformed the motor but was told it was boosting late he told me it was a common fault so got it changed by usual garage they just took it out and hooked in the one and never set it so bye bye went the map no power in the car company that mapped the car tryed a few things there power now but not the full poeer from the map going to get the old one put back on as I was told it worked fine but they changed it because I asked them
Think thats every thing lol

So all in all out a fortune but just love the car so smooth to drive compared to my m ondeo tddi, we were in to minds weather to cut are loses because its one thing after another, just have to replace the brake discs and pads now with mintex ones RANT done

Any one else suffered buying a motor it turning into a lemon lol

Feeling the need to turn this into a competition now haha mines off the road. Problem with Audi is things go wrong but you can't help but fix them out of love.

WOW !!!!!
hard work
what didi you have changed that was working anyway ?

The fellow that remapped the car sad it needed changed so the garage changed it but told me after the gf quized him a few days later that then original one was fine

what needed changeing the map ?

The actuator needed changing I was told mate from torque tronixs who mapped it