Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Technology Pack contains the following items:
MMI Navigation Plus with MMI touch
In addition to standard MMI Radio Plus

Audi Connect Infotainment Services (36-month subscription)

Convenient high-speed 4G internet access in your car via an embedded SIM card with no data charge.

Audi Phone Box with wireless charging

Enables drivers to use their mobile phone in the car by placing it in the storage compartment provided in the front centre console to create a wireless connection to the vehicle aerial.

Technology Pack Advanced contains the following items:
All of the above plus:
Audi Virtual Cockpit
Innovative 12.3” full colour digital instrument cluster for the flexible display of information tailored to the driver’s needs.

Does someone know what "MMI Navigation Plus with MMI touch" exactly is?
Is it just the ability to write letters and numbers on the round "touchpad" knob on the centre console between the seats?

Since the FL A3/S3 comes with 3-months trial of Audi Connect I assume that if the Tech Pack o Tech Pack Advanced are not optioned it is still possible to ask Audi to just get the Audi connect subscription for 36-month (£360 - £10/month).

And I assume that unless you make a lot of phone calls from your car and want (possibly) a better connection the "Audi Phone Box with wireless charging" is pretty much meh...

Technology Pack contains the following items:
MMI Navigation Plus with MMI touch
In addition to standard MMI Radio Plus

Audi Connect Infotainment Services (36-month subscription)

Convenient high-speed 4G internet access in your car via an embedded SIM card with no data charge.

Audi Phone Box with wireless charging

Enables drivers to use their mobile phone in the car by placing it in the storage compartment provided in the front centre console to create a wireless connection to the vehicle aerial.

Technology Pack Advanced contains the following items:
All of the above plus:
Audi Virtual Cockpit
Innovative 12.3” full colour digital instrument cluster for the flexible display of information tailored to the driver’s needs.

Does someone know what "MMI Navigation Plus with MMI touch" exactly is?
Is it just the ability to write letters and numbers on the round "touchpad" knob on the centre console between the seats?

Since the FL A3/S3 comes with 3-months trial of Audi Connect I assume that if the Tech Pack o Tech Pack Advanced are not optioned it is still possible to ask Audi to just get the Audi connect subscription for 36-month (£360 - £10/month).

And I assume that unless you make a lot of phone calls from your car and want (possibly) a better connection the "Audi Phone Box with wireless charging" is pretty much meh...

Ok answering myself lol

MMI Navigation Plus with MMI touch:
In addition to standard MMI Radio Plus, includes the following:
► MMI touch-sensitive control panel for fast, intuitive operation, handwriting recognition, and ability to move and zoom freely on the map
► Integrated navigation with 3D map display of places-of-interest
► Online map updates. (See page 63 for details)
► Detailed route information: map preview, choice of alternative routes, POIs, lane recommendations, motorway exits, detailed junction maps and more
► Dynamic route guidance traffic updates with TMCpro (in conjunction with Audi Connect Infotainment Services: traffic information online)
► MMI search: Free text search with intelligent suggestions provided during entry
► Natural voice recognition
► Jukebox hard drive memory for music (10GB)
► DVD drive for music CDs and video DVDs
► 2 x SDXC card reader

But Standard from Sport specification:
Audio and communication
• MMINavigation(SDcardbased)includes thefollowing:
• Integrated navigation with 3D map display
• Detailed route information: map preview, choice of alternative routes, POIs, lane recommendations, motorway exits, detailed junction maps and more
• Dynamic route guidance with TMCpro (in conjunction with Audi Connect Infotainment Services: traffic information online)
• MMI search: Free text search with intelligent suggestions provided during entry
• Natural voice recognition
• 2 x SDXC card reader

So really it adds:
► MMI touch-sensitive control panel for fast, intuitive operation, handwriting recognition, and ability to move and zoom freely on the map
Is that via the knob only? Toucscreen? Both?

So if you don't have this you're stuck with old maps unless you go give a kidney to Audi?

Ok...

In lieu of just a CD player so you can watch videos/movies (when the car is not moving I assume)

Ok answering myself lol

► Detailed route information: map preview, choice of alternative routes, POIs, lane recommendations, motorway exits, detailed junction maps and more
► Dynamic route guidance traffic updates with TMCpro (in conjunction with Audi Connect Infotainment Services: traffic information online)
► MMI search: Free text search with intelligent suggestions provided during entry
► 2 x SDXC card reader

Audio and communication
• Detailed route information: map preview, choice of alternative routes, POIs, lane recommendations, motorway exits, detailed junction maps and more
• Dynamic route guidance with TMCpro (in conjunction with Audi Connect Infotainment Services: traffic information online)
• MMI search: Free text search with intelligent suggestions provided during entry
• 2 x SDXC card reader

So really it adds:

So if you don't have this you're stuck with old maps unless you go give a kidney to Audi?

Ok...

In lieu of just a CD player so you can watch videos/movies (when the car is not moving I assume)
No touchscreen with this model, never has been..

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Ok answering myself lol

► 2 x SDXC card reader

Audio and communication
• 2 x SDXC card reader

So really it adds:

Ok...

That's exact same as the current technology package.... Exact,yeah scroll enlarge virtually travel the world on both the pop up screen and the virtual cockpit via the centre consul dial or via the buttons on the left-hand side of the steering wheel

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Simon L
Can I get you thoughts on my spec? Anything i'm missing, wasting my money on etc

A3 S-line 1.4 TFSI COD 150 STronic - Cosmos Blue
Tech pack Advanced
Audi Parking System Plus
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Door Mirrors (Folding)
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist
Split Folding Rear Seat Bench

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Can I get you thoughts on my spec? Anything i'm missing, wasting my money on etc

Tech pack Advanced
Audi Parking System Plus
Door Mirrors (Folding)
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist
Looks good. Cosmos Blue is a dark blue. This will need some cleaning! :)

Maybe:
- 4-way electric lumbar support
- Audi Sound System or Bang&Olufsen (With the Tech Pack probably B&O is better - 5.1 sound)
- Deletion of engine technology badges at rear (No need to show TDI or TFSI...) but that's just me :)

Looks good. Cosmos Blue is a dark blue. This will need some cleaning! :)

Maybe:
- 4-way electric lumbar support
- Audi Sound System or Bang&Olufsen (With the Tech Pack probably B&O is better - 5.1 sound)
- Deletion of engine technology badges at rear (No need to show TDI or TFSI...) but that's just me :)

My colour choices are between Cosmos and Daytona (my original PFL order was Daytona)
I have considered an sound upgrade just not sure what and if it's worth it?!
I've also considered Advanced key but feel it may be a little too extravagant at £400
I'm also considering saving a little cash by dropping the front parking sensors.

My colour choices are between Cosmos and Daytona (my original PFL order was Daytona)
I have considered an sound upgrade just not sure what and if it's worth it?!
I've also considered Advanced key but feel it may be a little too extravagant at £400
I'm also considering saving a little cash by dropping the front parking sensors.

I'd agree with dropping the front sensors, and personally don't see much point in the advanced key (but I've never had it, so I don't know what I'm missing in fairness)

As @SpeedyFrog says, Cosmos will look good.... when its clean!!

That's a nice spec, enjoy!

Tech pack Advanced
Audi Parking System Plus
Door Mirrors (Folding)
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist

If it were me;

I'd ditch the folding mirrors - Some people like them, but I can live without them.
I'd also ditch the split fold rear seat. - I've never ever, in to many years to mention, had to drop a rear seat AND carry a rear seat passenger.
I'd then spec matrix LED lights, which automatically include your high beam assist and auto dimming rear mirror, as well as headlamp washers.

Net cost change is +£170

If you just go for rear parking sensors instead of the plus system, you'll save another £275, that you could use for your split rear seat if you need it, or buy another years warranty, or upgrade to the Audi Sound system.

Advanced key is pointless, and not nearly as secure as it should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Simon L
If it were me;

I'd ditch the folding mirrors - Some people like them, but I can live without them.
I'd also ditch the split fold rear seat. - I've never ever, in to many years to mention, had to drop a rear seat AND carry a rear seat passenger.
I'd then spec matrix LED lights, which automatically include your high beam assist and auto dimming rear mirror, as well as headlamp washers.

Net cost change is +£170

If you just go for rear parking sensors instead of the plus system, you'll save another £275, that you could use for your split rear seat if you need it, or buy another years warranty, or upgrade to the Audi Sound system.

Advanced key is pointless, and not nearly as secure as it should be.

Thanks, you make some very good points.
Split fold rear seat is a must for me for various reasons ( I coach a youth football team and often carry large poles/flags and 4 passengers).

You do have me thinking that dropping both the folding mirrors and front parking sensors will free up money for either the Matrix LED lights or comfort and Sound pack? :footy:

Damn I cannot decide between these specs

Option 1
Tech pack Advanced
Audi Parking System Plus
Door Mirrors (Folding)
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist

Option 2
Tech pack Advanced
Comfort and Sound Pack (B&O Audio, Heated Seat & Rear Park Sensors)
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist

Option 3
Tech pack Advanced
Matrix LED Lights (inch high beam assist and Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror)
Hill Hold Assist

Decisions Decisions Decisions!!!

i'd ditch the blue!...stick with Daytona..no contest IMO....I cancelled my PFL in the hope Ara blue was coming....then when I heard Cosmic (as it was) was coming i pinned my hopes on it ...when it turned up as Cosmos - very dark blue (may indeed look different in the flesh) I looked to other colours....from the vids and pics it doesn't look a patch on Daytona.....Daytona all daytona long my friend.

Damn I cannot decide between these specs

Option 1
Tech pack Advanced
Audi Parking System Plus
Door Mirrors (Folding)
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist

Option 2
Tech pack Advanced
Comfort and Sound Pack (B&O Audio, Heated Seat & Rear Park Sensors)
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist

Option 3
Tech pack Advanced
Matrix LED Lights (inch high beam assist and Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror)
Hill Hold Assist

Decisions Decisions Decisions!!!

Option 2 + Door Mirrors (Folding) - High Beam Assist - Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

GSB l used your link mate l specced a S3 Sportback s-tronic metallic with the same options as my car as much l could,it came to over £42,200 add magride and 19"alloys £44,150 that's seriously close or even your inside and driving away in a better faster Audi....the price of options has gone through the roof.....that new is S3 l specced is £2200more than my car
Screenshot 20160520 152610

Reactions: Rob2k68 and GSB
I would not consider an S3 but for my choice of Sport 2.0TDI-184 s-tronic quattro or possibly Sport 2.0TFSI -190 s-tronic quattro the price of the options to get to the same as I have at the moment has come down from £5055 to £4780 and that includes adding the Park Assist (£875). Audi have not yet given a RRP for the 184 TDI but the 190 TFSI is £32,540.

I would not consider an S3 but for my choice of Sport 2.0TDI-184 s-tronic quattro or possibly Sport 2.0TFSI -190 s-tronic quattro the price of the options to get to the same as I have at the moment has come down from £5055 to £4780 and that includes adding the Park Assist (£875). Audi have not yet given a RRP for the 184 TDI but the 190 TFSI is £32,540.

Every option l have has increased in price apart from the Technology Package it was £1800 when l purchased my car,there's no escaping the fact,Audi have increased the price of the Base price of all A3/S3 and also most of the options

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
e7e413e45dfb6153834da1167e14b0ee.jpg

Does anyone know the difference of the standard option vs the £200 option? What's the difference? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe the V spokes are £2500. Really!?!? On the A4 they're £1200 and in Germany they're 'only' 1200 euros on the new A3. Particularly galling given that they show these wheels on most of the new S3 promo shots.

Reactions: CrypticMG
e7e413e45dfb6153834da1167e14b0ee.jpg

Does anyone know the difference of the standard option vs the £200 option? What's the difference? Cheers

I dint know, I've asked my dealer and I'm waiting for an answer, but I've got a horrible feeling it's the penalty charge required to get rid of the god awful red trims around the vents on the S3.

Yeah it would be good to see some side by side pictures for comparison

You lucky SOBs get Matrix LED Headlights.

They keep sticking us Americans with the watered down LED headlights.

The new A4 got ripped of it's Park Assist like the A3 over here. Yet there are plenty of Chrysler and Ford vehicles showing off the self-parking function.

I'm not sure what the barrier is, but it makes it really hard to go German when you're living in the USA, because you end up with a not so original car.

I still can't believe how they removed the headlight washer systems from the A3s.

It's because matrix lights are banned in the states. As for headlamp washers, mine never ever got dirty enough to need them..

You lucky SOBs get Matrix LED Headlights.

They keep sticking us Americans with the watered down LED headlights.

The new A4 got ripped of it's Park Assist like the A3 over here. Yet there are plenty of Chrysler and Ford vehicles showing off the self-parking function.

I'm not sure what the barrier is, but it makes it really hard to go German when you're living in the USA, because you end up with a not so original car.

I still can't believe how they removed the headlight washer systems from the A3s.
Aren't matrix lights banned by a lot of US states,reason for no Headlamps pressure jet wash system there not bright enough got to be over 2000 lumens

Reactions: pburv
Every option l have has increased in price apart from the Technology Package it was £1800 when l purchased my car,there's no escaping the fact,Audi have increased the price of the Base price of all A3/S3 and also most of the options
I agree that all options have increased in cost but in my particular case more is now included as standard and therefore less options are required, hence the saving. The main change for my car is that, whilst I had to pay £1250 for the Xenon headlights option on my existing car, these are now standard on the Sport.

I have PDF copies of the old price lists for the 8V model since May 2012 and most of the Options have not changed in price since then, so perhaps they were due for on increase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
What is peoples opinion on Sport suspension for S Line models? I want the ride as smooth as possible but also to look good... I don't want the ride comfort to suffer as a result of 15mm lowering and stiffer suspension. Anyone have a picture of how the car sits on normal / dynamic?

It's because matrix lights are banned in the states. As for headlamp washers, mine never ever got dirty enough to need them..
Mine's got dirty all the time, and use to frustrate me. But now that I got the car OptiCoat Pro coated, they don't build up dirt anymore.
It used to get real bad, especially in winter, with all the salt covered roads would cake up on the headlights.

Aren't matrix lights banned by a lot of US states,reason for no Headlamps pressure jet wash system there not bright enough got to be over 2000 lumens
Yes they are banned because of our 1960 transportation laws. But with the recent IIHS publication that failed a majority of cars on the road here with poor headlights, these laws are expected to change. I'd hope they change before Audi USA gets the 8V facelifts finalized.
As the A8 and A4 both got downgraded LEDs.

I believe the S3 with Xenons got their headlight washers retained.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I agree that all options have increased in cost but in my particular case more is now included as standard and therefore less options are required, hence the saving. The main change for my car is that, whilst I had to pay £1250 for the Xenon headlights option on my existing car, these are now standard on the Sport.
Exactly, paint hasn't increased though. Besides it isn't actually showroom prices that are of interest and I am looking at a discount of around 12% which would make the price about £2000 more than my present car, which, considering it would have a 2.0l engine, matrix headlights and a panoramic roof, all things my present car doesn't have, probably equal in cost..

Yes they are banned because of our 1960 transportation laws.

Those old laws caused some fairly good looking European cars to be specified rather differently once they'd arrived in your shores. It wasn't that long ago that all US market cars had to have 7" sealed beam lamps which were positively stoneage when they were common in cars in the world '50's, so I imagine matrix LEDs must look like pure witchcraft to US legislators. Some cars, like the XJS, looked pretty good by the time someone had shoehorned sealed beam headlights into them. Most though, looked like they'd been restyled by a 3 year old.

Perhaps Audi are still a bit sore about what the US market did to the Audi 100?

There were also numerous Peugeots & Mercedes that just looked all wrong, Rolls Royces that looked like they were suffering some kind of eye disease, and then, most criminal of all, these;

Reactions: pburv, gamegenie and Simon L
struggling to choose either the

Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack (cool on the outside)

Driver assistance pack (basically drives itself :D)

struggling to choose either the

Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack (cool on the outside)

Driver assistance pack (basically drives itself :D)

Well assuming you still have reasonable use of your arms, legs and eyes that's a real easy one....................matrix!! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
I dint know, I've asked my dealer and I'm waiting for an answer, but I've got a horrible feeling it's the penalty charge required to get rid of the god awful red trims around the vents on the S3.
Need to find out about this...as I deffo don't want them red trims around vents

Also, it's £895 vs. About £2500...

The question was which to choose so took the funding to be a given! ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
The question was which to choose so took the funding to be a given! ;)

So did I, but it's what made the choice for me. Given the choice of being a lazy git or one who can't see quite as far, then ordinarily I'll be lazy. But I'm not going for £2.5k's worth of lazy... I'll do it myself thanks.

I discounted park assist in a slightly different manner. Essentially, any space I can't hit without resorting to enough computer power to land a probe on Mars wasn't going to get my car in it anyway.

When everyone else gets an "Active don't-open-your-door-into-that-other-car-like-a-drooling-simpleton assist", that's when I'll get park assist.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Max-Robbo, pburv and 1 other person