1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bose Andy Mac Sub on 2005 A3 Sportback? Speaker recommendations?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Ash187, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a sub like the ones Andy Mac used to make for a 2005 Sportback to replace the crappy Bose sub in the boot?

also what are others installing instead of the Bose speakers?

Thanks
    Ash
  2. cooltempo

cooltempo Heavy DERV clatter

Hi there Ash..

I contacted Andy about this a while ago and unfortunately his subs dont fit in the sportback. Apparently to make more room in the boot (probably for the tech spec sheet) they have put a weird scoop in the side panel. I only really noticed it after Andy pointed it out to me... anyway this makes the sub a strange shape and difficult to replace.

I have a 2005 / 06 Sportback and am looking to replace the sub and Speakers after installing an Alpine system and Bluetooth module. I'm not 100% sure about mounts etc for the doors but I think a 6.5 inch component speaker will fit... have no idea about rear doors, so I'd like some info here and on the sub front Im thinking about a slimline Pioneer one Ive seen that sits across the boot florr, you can even put luggage on it! got to be better than the stick tupperware **** ;)

Mo