1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech pack standard on s3???

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mojo555, May 16, 2010.

1. mojo555

mojo555 Member

[May 16, 2010]
    Does anyone know what the deal is with the tech pack now being standard on the s3, i placed my order about 5 weeks ago without the tech pack and will be a my11 car so will it have the the tech pack or not???

Dealer doesn't seem to know anything.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

[May 16, 2010]
    wont they just add it, granted it would set your order further back, failing that cancel and reorder
  4. mojo555

mojo555 Member

[May 16, 2010]
    Dealer has confirmed that it will be a my11 car and i should get a build date later this month, so you would have to say that they are not going to build just mine and a handfull of others without the tech pack. Surely the idea of putting it as standard is to free up production space for more or other cars elsewhere.
  5. Yaks

Yaks Member

[May 16, 2010]
    Where did you hear tha the Tech Pack was now standard ?

The configurator on the audo.co.uk website still has it as a £1,495 option, as does one of the broker's site I checked.

I've just ordered a couple of weeks ago and have paid for the Tech pack, so won't be happy if they're now including it..........
  6. mojo555

mojo555 Member

[May 16, 2010]
    Have been told by my dealer and also is on a thread on here, might be black edition thread, but was told it will be standard now, but the s3 price will increase by £1500, was told that if mine comes with it on though i will not be charged the £1500 as i had allready ordered and paid deposit so price is frozen!!
  7. Yaks

Yaks Member

[May 16, 2010]
    Thanks for the reply mate

Ah I see, it's now "standard" but the price goes up by £1,500 - I feel OK then, because if you want it the price is basically the same, but for those that don't want it, then it's a real bummer !

Need to go and read the BE thread - have given up on that one, it's so long now, and I didn't order BE :laugh: