Suspension question and minor gripe

Filumo

Reaction score
On the s3 am I right in believing that there are no suspension adjustments possible unless you have mag ride?

The gripe is not being able to use rh armrest while driving - far too far from your elbow! A bit pointless IMHO..

I tend to rest my arm on the window ledge rather than the armrest in the door, it's at a better height

Reactions: MA3RC
I did say right hand armrest!
Indeed you did, that's why I presumed you were driving a left-hand drive car and talking about the centre arm-rest. ;) I never really think of the door as an arm rest, I've never been able to rest my arm on it in any car I've driven.

Door armrests & ledges have been getting harder to use comfortably in recent years as manufacturers put the door height higher and use smaller windows - it's all about crash protection. Except for the Evoque where this is taken to an extreme as the styling makes it look as though something big has already squashed the roof into the passenger cell.

Have a look at a mark 1 Golf. The windows are just huuge.

Maybe the arm rest does not slide forward in other countries?

Door armrests & ledges have been getting harder to use comfortably in recent years as manufacturers put the door height higher and use smaller windows - it's all about crash protection. Except for the Evoque where this is taken to an extreme as the styling makes it look as though something big has already squashed the roof into the passenger cell.

Have a look at a mark 1 Golf. The windows are just huuge.

... is it? Just did a google search for 'why are car windows getting smaller'. Results were inconclusive. It could be safety or it could be cosmetics. Though some people think it has to do with aerodynamics, reduced green house effect (making the car more efficient because of less A/C usage) and 9/11. Yes, seriously 9/11.