Standard HID Bulb Temperature

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know what the standard HID bulb temperature is e.g. 6000Kelvins, 8000Kelvins???

That comes on a 2.0TDI (170) s-line black edition quattro.

Thanks.

Tomo

maybe they have updated the bulb temp, as they are far from blue in my car lol

Stock are 4300K, OEM bixenons in certain style headlamps can give off blue/purple lights from a distance as soon as they get close they become a pure white/yellowish color.

guessing your bulb size is D2S...if not they will be D2R. Type in D2S 8000k in google shopping loads will come up. Pretty much all the same, i would advise if you want more of an upgrade go with 6000k though

sort of fella, Guess its just down to quality really but no way would i pay £100 for the bulbs.
We done 6000k in myfriends mk5 r32 and they were D2S, dealer wanted i think £30 something plus vat for each bulb.

Yeah i would have definetly though they would have been brighter as the 2011 A3s iv seen have quit a bluish/purple light!?

Maybe someone else can shed some light on it :)

It may be the DRL's.. They are very blue and are still on with the headlights..

The OEM ones are 4300K
I bought these 8000K bulbs which work perfectly with the OEM ballast and look perfect!
D1S Xenon HID Bulbs
you may need to click on the drop down and select the colour temp.

I also have a set of OEM D1S bulbs for sale.

I just ordered some 6000k D1S bulbs from HID's Direct. If you order from there i found a code for 10% off which was 'Vec-c' i think. It came to about 32 quid delivered

for £18 a set thats dirt cheap... i paid more then that for my philips halogens on my old car lol

Rite I have a shortlist of potential bulbs to replace the standard ones, Im looking at 8000k:

D2S HID Xenon Replacement Bulbs - Xenon HID Headlight Upgrade Kits from HIDs DIRECT Ltd £17.87

D2S Xenon HID Headlight Bulb - 8000k (Blue tint) Upgrade £56.21

http://www.hidkits.co.uk/8000K-D2S-Upgrade-Bulbs.html# £71.53

HID Lighting Kits, Xenon HID Conversion Kits, Xenon Car Headlights | UK - XENONSHOP (Under bulbs on rhs) £29.99

Can people give there feedback on what would be the best ones to purchase!? :)

Thank you