Spacers HELP

Tommy_Egan

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before.

Looking to put on 10mm spacers onto my B9 Avant.

Will these fit 5x112 66.6 hub centric 10mm

Anyone installed 10mm before?

Reactions: Daggerit
Sorry if this has been posted before.

Looking to put on 10mm spacers onto my B9 Avant.

Will these fit 5x112 66.6 hub centric 10mm

Anyone installed 10mm before?

Those will fit fine. I run the same PCD and bore on my 12mm spacers all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drop Damian a line at DPM Performance - he’s a sponsor here.

Had spacers off him before, albeit for an A3, but service is second to none and I’ll probably use him again.

A 10mm won't fit safely over the rear hub lip, you'll need 12mm or above. 10mm will be fine on the front though.

Damian @ DPM Performance

im running an ECS flush kit that are 10mm all round.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
im running an ECS flush kit that are 10mm all round.

I'd check the clearance on the rear. We've had customers still fit 10mm spacers on the rear of the A4 B9 even after we advised not to and after experiencing wheel wobble they've checked the rears and the collars have snapped off the spacers.

Damian @ DPM Performance

maybe its different on the S4's? certainly not had any issues as yet and surely ECS wouldnt sell it if it wasnt safe?

however i wouldn't want to go any wider on the rear.

I'd check the clearance on the rear. We've had customers still fit 10mm spacers on the rear of the A4 B9 even after we advised not to and after experiencing wheel wobble they've checked the rears and the collars have snapped off the spacers.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Do you think 10mm flat spacers (not hubcentric) would work instead?

FYI these are my rear spacers 10mm ECS flush kit.

I cannot see any issues with the fitment IMHO personally I wouldn’t go any wide as these already bring the tyre right out.

Hope this helps.
6754FF25 2834 40FD 9778 AC1CBA916D53

Hope this helps..

9B1F37BD 6530 4B63 9E10 7D3279BF124D
DB7A3835 2879 41C1 B3AA 8A56F929DB97

FYI these are my rear spacers 10mm ECS flush kit.

I cannot see any issues with the fitment IMHO personally I wouldn’t go any wide as these already bring the tyre right out.

Hope this helps. View attachment 150373

Hope this helps..

View attachment 150371 View attachment 150372

Looks good to me. Can't get any flusher !

I'll give my 10mm hub centric ones a go on weekend.. if I fail with the rears. I'll use the flat ones from my C7 (same spec 10mm 66.6) I think with the flat ones so long as the wheel catched 2/3mm of the hub lip it should be fine.

Zippster... any more pics of your car from further away? Hard to gauge the stance from such a close range.

Reactions: zippster
Looks good to me. Can't get any flusher !

I'll give my 10mm hub centric ones a go on weekend.. if I fail with the rears. I'll use the flat ones from my C7 (same spec 10mm 66.6) I think with the flat ones so long as the wheel catched 2/3mm of the hub lip it should be fine.
Don’t use flat ones you will struggle to Center them plus all the load is on the bolts and not the hub, not sensible that in my view

Zippster... any more pics of your car from further away? Hard to gauge the stance from such a close range.

haha just noticed I really take the worse angles :) this is the best I have and hopefully you can see that the tire protection lip *just* pokes out beyond the arch.. as I say I wouldn't want to personally go out further for fear of stone chips etc.. strangely the extra 10mm on each axle is noticeable when going into a carpark with width restrictions .. im a lot more conscious now..

I ordered the ECS flush kit from AWESOMEGTI and also ordered the extended wheel bolt kit (and a extended locking set) not the cheapest option but im personally happy with the results and more importantly still secure.

looking at the pictures id really like to lower it slightly :)

Fluffy 1
Fluffy 2
Fluffy 3

Reactions: >oxo< and DohNut
Thanks looks great. I installed 10mm on my old 8P, amazing how much difference it makes and hence my thinking of doing the same when the B9 turns up.

Thanks looks great. I installed 10mm on my old 8P, amazing how much difference it makes and hence my thinking of doing the same when the B9 turns up.

thanks and yes you must.. chalk and cheese .. its nice to look different on the road too.. :) keep us posted ..

haha just noticed I really take the worse angles :) this is the best I have and hopefully you can see that the tire protection lip *just* pokes out beyond the arch.. as I say I wouldn't want to personally go out further for fear of stone chips etc.. strangely the extra 10mm on each axle is noticeable when going into a carpark with width restrictions .. im a lot more conscious now..

I ordered the ECS flush kit from AWESOMEGTI and also ordered the extended wheel bolt kit (and a extended locking set) not the cheapest option but im personally happy with the results and more importantly still secure.

looking at the pictures id really like to lower it slightly :)

View attachment 150385 View attachment 150386 View attachment 150387

Very nice and squeaky clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wouldn't recommend flat spacers. If you measure your rear hub lip we can look into options for you.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Tried the flat ones. To no joy ‍♂️

Rear hub lip is 15mm
Front huh lip is 14mm

Ideally i'd like 10mm

Reactions: Tommy_Egan
Gave them guys at awesome gti a call yesterday.

Was quoted £210 delivered but they order in at the beginning of the month so if ordered now will arrive mid April ‍♂️

I've since found these 11mm Forge Motorsport listed for the B9 Platform.. £130 for a set of 4 with bolts/lockers.

Will give these a go as delivery is within a few days.

https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/1...l_Spacers_with_665mm_Bore--product--1533.html

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and zippster
H&R quote a clearance of 14mm on the 10mm spacers. We have H&R 12mm available and also Forge Motorsport 11mm available that will work.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Much for a set of 4 plus bolts and lockers on each make for reference?

H&R quote a clearance of 14mm on the 10mm spacers. We have H&R 12mm available and also Forge Motorsport 11mm available that will work.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I could do with a set of 12mm extended bolts and locking wheel bolts as well if you could let me know how much they are? I have a set of extended ones but they're looking a bit rough and don't have extended locking ones at the moment.

Do yours work with the OEM plastic covers that go on them?

I could do with a set of 12mm extended bolts and locking wheel bolts as well if you could let me know how much they are? I have a set of extended ones but they're looking a bit rough and don't have extended locking ones at the moment.

Unfortunately we don't sell locking wheel bolts.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I have previously used McGuard locking wheel nuts and will do again. Lots of places on the interweb sell them.

Reactions: Tommy_Egan

Try Mtecc Racing they supplied my bolts before and ordered some more to go with the Forge spacers

Forge fit perfect

59eb1656 6daa 47da 84c1 6f993d0bf2c1

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, zippster and DohNut
Good to hear. Where did you buy, what size did you go for?

Would be grateful if you could post some pics up with the wheels back on.

Tommy_Egan what size bolts did you order for the 11mm Forge spacers?
I am going to order a set but done know bolt size and if they are the counter sunk type?
I am still awaiting delivery of my car so i cant look at the existing bolts.
do you have any pics of the stance with the 11mm spacers fitted?
I assume these are the ones you have fitted? no issues with the rear caps?
https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/1...l_Spacers_with_665mm_Bore--product--1533.html

Tommy_Egan what size bolts did you order for the 11mm Forge spacers?
I am going to order a set but done know bolt size and if they are the counter sunk type?
I am still awaiting delivery of my car so i cant look at the existing bolts.
do you have any pics of the stance with the 11mm spacers fitted?
I assume these are the ones you have fitted? no issues with the rear caps?

I'm using M14 x 1.5 Radius Ball Seat 40mm bolts - original are 27mm
I'm just waiting to fit my fronts and then will get some pictures. Didn't like the 11mm on the front as they poked out a little for me, ordered 10mm H&R which should fit nicely.
No issues at all.
Your link doesn't open. I did post the link in a previous post (scroll up)

Anyone know if 12.5mm will cause rubbing on the rear on a S-line b9 with 19 Inch wheels ?

Anyone know if 12.5mm will cause rubbing on the rear on a S-line b9 with 19 Inch wheels ?

My S4 has 12mm on the back with no issues and I’m pretty sure the wheel offsets are the same. Worst case just take it somewhere and get a tiny bit extra negative camber added!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk