Smoked Headlights

ScottyP45

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get smoked headlights or covers / chipshields that are tinted like the TT ones???

They are fappin cool an I really want 'em. :rockwoot:

Whoops, I think they just have satin black "reflectors" inside giving the impression that theyre tinted....:redface:

Ok, thats easier to achieve!

like this:

b6f2_27.jpg

Stick em in the oven at 100 C for an hour then break them apart. Spray the shiny bits matte black and reassemble. Itll take you a day max.

Stick em in the oven at 100 C for an hour then break them apart. Spray the shiny bits matte black and reassemble. Itll take you a day max.

:uhm: you being serious...:laugh:

So let me get this right, Stick the headlight in the oven....

Ovening them just helps to soften and break down the glue holding the lens into the housing.

Sweet info mate, cheers! I think I'll buy a set from the breakers and do them, and swap them over leaving a spare set.

Any chance o a pic of yours?

:arco:

your car is sweeeet man! What wheels are those and where'dya get that engine cover, or is it a sprayed / modded original?

I take it thats a TDi? The cover is different from my 20V T one, better looking too.

Standard Tdi one matey, untouched for now.

Wheels are 19" AMG Style 6's

My Cabriolet has the dark colour inserts.

And as for putting them in the over - yes tried and tested technique - especially for 'de-tango-ing' Fiesta Mk5 headlamps !!

Andy

Standard Tdi one matey, untouched for now.

Wheels are 19" AMG Style 6's

Holy ****, Its over 2 Grand for a set of those bad boys with tyres!!! Damn son, you must be single or have a very easy goin missus LOL :beerchug:

No no, not single, but my missus is understanding. She has to be, her TT is getting done next!

LOL

I notice that my lights have a black rear insert but the main bottom bit is chrome...

Yeah I painted that "black" bit as well. Its actually dark grey so its up you to if you want to spray it.

Cheers for the tips anyway matey, and that mods site is pretty nifty too :blackrs4:

have u painted your roof black rocko? thing we need some piccies of your car man!

Roof is Opel Mitternacht. Actually a very dark grey. Bit of the front bumper went the same way as did the 6 week old wheels. Rear diffuser went the same colour, S4 calipers went subaru sti pink with the TSD monkey splat logo. Grille and intercooler went matte black.