1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simpleton guide to fitting an Air Filter

Brett Butler May 6, 2010

1. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

As per topic,

Just want to make sure I am doing it right , so anyone got a PDF or something, for changing the air Filter S3, 2010

Thanks

2. KRL

KRL Member

Pretty easy mate - take off engine cover, change filter, put engine cover back on :)

3. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

yeah, except I know that engine cover not that easy, to get off, i see screws, special ones, :), though I have all the tools to do it, it is making sure I undo everything before I start pulling as things tend to break :(

4. KRL

KRL Member

There are some decent guide for removing the engine cover. I will see if I can dig one up.

5. KRL

KRL Member

6. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

Thanks

7. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

Well not sure I would wish that job on anyone, but I have changed air filter, but the pulling the engine cover off, was dam hard work.
    That guide was not 100 % right, but it was a great help.

Anyhow, New Filter, lets see how it makes a difference, not sure I will see one though.

Again Thanks All

8. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Moderator VCDS Map User

Hi Brett

Hence why we all gladly get rid of the bloody engine cover, it's a pain in the @rse!! Appreciate for those wanting to keep OEM look its a necessity, but getting the lid off the first few times is the worst, it will get easier.

9. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

heh, next time will be easier, I got silicone grease all over the rubber grommets