Silky's S3...

Silky, When i pull off the fog surround i cant seem to find a hole leading up to the engine bay? did you need to cut access for the pipe to come down and out?? :wacko:

Yer, its a big hole mate you can't miss it. You can look down it and see the under tray and foglight wiring. Saying that I remember Warren saying something about this hole not being there on his new 2011 S3. Strange.

Car looks very nice there mate.

Cheers mate!

Well have a good drive today, and I'm sure the car pulls more linear especially at higher (road) speeds, might just be my imagination but I'd bet a tenner on it! It feels awesome :)

Next mod coming in a few days, watch this space ;)

Silky, When i pull off the fog surround i cant seem to find a hole leading up to the engine bay? did you need to cut access for the pipe to come down and out?? :wacko:

Could be different with other options on the car maybe.
Had this issue before on a TT.

Could be different with other options on the car maybe.
Had this issue before on a TT.

Maybe but the hole is through the frame/chassis of the car! Don't think options would change that.:wacko:

I will investigate again tomorrow. To be fair I haven't taken the filter off to look from the top so do I'll do that tomorrow and let you know how I get on. I've had the ducting for 6 months!

So today I finally got round to fitting my footwell lights (now I have the full internal light pack). I fitted the OEM TTRS LED lights using a loom supplied by Robin. See thread here for details : http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...tro-fitting-foot-well-lights.html#post1437634

Footwell27.jpg

Footwell26.jpg

Some BIG mods coming in the next few weeks ;)

Just got round to fitting rear OEM LED footwell lights as well:

End1.JPG

Reactions: andyam
Car is coming along great Silky, well done.

Any suspension or wheel plans?

Did you purchase those rear footwell lights from the kit that was made (and being sold) by a forum member?

I've been undecided since owning my Sprint Blue if a black grille fits due to having silver wheels.
Yours looks good, might need to re-think it!

Keep the mods coming!

Car is coming along great Silky, well done.

Any suspension or wheel plans?

Did you purchase those rear footwell lights from the kit that was made (and being sold) by a forum member?

I've been undecided since owning my Sprint Blue if a black grille fits due to having silver wheels.
Yours looks good, might need to re-think it!

Keep the mods coming!

Cheers mate, yep the kit comes from Robin on here (Doh! Juts see your post in the other thread!) Top bit of kit.

The black grill looks awesome, gonna look at wrapping the front splitter and possibly the mirrors as well with gloss black wrap. Watch this space....

Stage 2+ next, if I can ever find someone to supply me with a DP!

Yours looks sweet, loving the spacers. Might look in to them. You had any issue with them?

Black wrap on the front and rear splitters would look good (have you seen Fuzion's black wrap on his Sprint Blue? Looks tops!).

Any wheel change plans?
I think the chrome/grey splitter go well with the Silver wheels, I'm uncertain about the black with OEM silver wheels.
You can be the guinea pig though! ;)

I'm tempted to do my wheels in anthracite so i can go the black grill, splitters and mirrors though.

Spacers were only installed on Sunday so no problems yet.
Following Warren's advice, i really took my time installing them and I don't have any vibrations or noises so happy so far!
Certainly improves the appearance of those horrible inset OEM wheels though!
Makes the steering heavier also which i like!

Hi guys,

Finally got round to wrapping my front splitter in carbon wrap, and I’m well happy with the results! Looks great!

I used the new 3M 1080 series di-noc carbon wrap, this is glossy (so wet CF look) and made specifically for vehicles unlike the old type. Its amazing stuff and to be honest it was easy to work with. I just used a sharp craft knife, a hairdryer, and some patience. It’s fairly easy as if you go wrong with it, just heat it with the hairdryer and re-position it. It was easy to get all the air bubbles out once I’d perfected the technique. You have to stretch it over rather then placing it using plenty of heat. Took me about 2 hours from start to finish.

The splitter comes off the car very easily, just 2 crosshead screws under the bumper and pull it off. 30 second job.

This is what the car looks like when it’s removed:

IMG_0396.jpg

And this is the piece in question:

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

So I started off by wrapping the 3 uprights first:

IMG_0401.jpg

And then went on to the main parts:

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

Once fitted back to the car looks like this:

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

I’m well happy with it. Going to see how it lasts over the next month then I might have a go with doing the rear diffuser, that might be a bit trickier though.

Any questions please let me know :)

Reactions: RicoS3, FranA3, Paullie and 1 other person
Cracking job, Silky! Looks the nuts, for sure!! :wub: xx

Last edited:
Won't be copying you as the grey works against a black car way better than black or even carbon would, but looks great on Sprint Blue! Very nicely done.

You made a very good job of that splitter mate!

How do you rate this new carbon stuff? Does it really look glossy as in some pictures it still looks a bit matt.

Looks well good that. I'm going to copy it, simple as that!

Well done bud!!!

Considering doing the same now iv seen the results!!

What size roll did you go for in the end?

Cheers mate! 30 x 150cm I went with, still got loads left. Just wrapped my MacBook, lol!

You made a very good job of that splitter mate!

How do you rate this new carbon stuff? Does it really look glossy as in some pictures it still looks a bit matt.

Thanks! It really easy to work with. Ive not used the old stuff but this is great. Its pretty glossy, and has a good shine to it. The photos (crappy iPhone) don't bring out the shine very well.

I didn't know that came out like that!

Do you happen to have a part number?

I have mate, will dig out it for you when back at home. It was printed on the back of it, handy! :)

Part Number for front splitter is: 8P0 807 110 E 1RR (this is for a 2010 S3)

A few more better quality pics:

photo%201.png

photo%203.JPG

photo%204.JPG

Just on a side note, this weekend Ive seen a Sprint Blue and an Ibis White S3 (one SB and one 3 door) with the roof done in carbon, it looked OK but not for me. Looked a bit cheap!

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Woo, I'm sat here at PipeWerx (using their free wifi!) getting my new TBE designed and fitted and the Revo stage 2+ map installed :)

Write up to follow....:)

So, I've now have my new Pipewerx TBE and Revo Stage 2+ map for 500 miles, and all I can say is, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!! The car has been transformed in to a snarling, vicious beast! Its the best mod I've ever done to any car I've owned. If you have a S3, this is a must and is how the car should be from Audi. Its so much more involving and dynamic now, you can use the throttle to steer and set the car, like a proper little track car. :)

It hasn't yet been on the dyno but it feels like 350bhp all day long...

Jeff at Pipewerx did a fantastic job and totally nailed what I wanted from the TBE. I've got a 3" DP and 200 cell sport cat, and 2.75" cat back system with OEM look dual tips. Its OEM quiet when round town and in D mode on the box, but once your over 4k RPM it sings like a good-un, with a nice deep rumble, and sounds amazing on the overrun!

It took him and his colleague 6 hours to make the TBE from scratch including the resonator boxes, and the quality is just amazing. They spent so much time getting everything perfect from all the initial welds to to final fitting. It literally fits like a glove. He even went to the trouble of shaping the rear resonator around the prop shaft so I could have it large as possible to keep the noise down when round town. I 100% recommend there work, I'm so glad that I didn't go for an off the shelf system now.

Once the TBE was done, it was time to install the Revo Stage 2+ software. Jeff was more that happy for me to watch him do this and answered all my questions in a way that you just know that he know what he's talking about, no BS just the facts. I did not realise but he used to be the main mapping man at Awesome GTI until he took on Pipewerxs.

Map loaded and some base setting on, we went out for a few blasts while logging the engine on VCDS. We changed the Revo settings until Jeff was happy with everything. I think we ended up on Boost 8, Timing 6, with very little timing pull being logged on VCDS. I then went out for a blast and haven't stopped smiling since!

The car has adapted to everything now and it pulls so strong from 1,500 rpm all the way with no flat spots, Its epic! You can hear the turbo spooling and dumping much better now. Think I need a big brake kit next!!

We even went out for a quick trip in his 500bhp+ RS4, man I need one of them in my life!

No photos as my phone died, just a before and after :(

Before:

Before.JPG

After:

After.png

After1.png

Any questions, let me know :)

Reactions: Paullie
Looks very good Silky, am currently deliberating over coils & alloys or performance mods. I was always interested to see a bespoke after Market system, would be interested to hear what exact performance gains you have with just the exhaust / downpipe. I have always wanted the power gains without the drone from a system. (learned my lesson with a full Magnex on my old RS Turbo). Can you let me know how much the system cost, am happy with pm.

Keep up the good work.

Glad it's hitting the right buttons mate.

Thinking about getting them to modify by back box to RS4 twin ovals (one on each side of the diffuser).

Cant wait to go back to 2+

Enjoy!

Looks very good Silky, am currently deliberating over coils & alloys or performance mods. I was always interested to see a bespoke after Market system, would be interested to hear what exact performance gains you have with just the exhaust / downpipe. I have always wanted the power gains without the drone from a system. (learned my lesson with a full Magnex on my old RS Turbo). Can you let me know how much the system cost, am happy with pm.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers, I was very concerned with it being too loud and droney, but it's spot on for me and I do a lot of motorway miles as well. It really is the same as OEM until you boot it. :)

Glad it's hitting the right buttons mate.

Thinking about getting them to modify by back box to RS4 twin ovals (one on each side of the diffuser).

Cant wait to go back to 2+

Enjoy!

Do it mate, that would look awesome!

Got these bad boys to fit next, H&R 10mm spacers all round and McGard locking bolts. Going to paint the hubs while I'm at it as well...

Hopefully go on next weekend :)

Spaces.png

Worth painting the hubs, makes such a difference to how much fresher wheels look after a good cleaning. Otherwise you make a big effort cleaning and you look down to see a manky hub grrrrr!

Car's looking great, Silky. I like the complete sleeper style you're going for, works really well with S3s if you just make them as fast as they should be but no-one can tell exactly what's been done.