Should people be able to create a poll when they want to?

Should members be able to create their own polls?

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiZBiT

Reaction score
A nice simple one for you this one.

This thread is not really 8P A3/S3 related and you are perfectly entitled to start a poll when you want but ideally in the appropriate sections like members or general chat

Trust me if this poll gets a resounding yes your still not getting to create a poll whenever you want to ;) just my two pence worth.

I thought you can start a poll with a new thread anyway?????

I would have thought that was obvious from my last post. To ask people's opinions on whether members should be able to post polls on topics of their choice, when they want, even if the topic is one on which someone else may be thinking about posting a poll at some unknown point in the future.

You can't tell me you're starting to think about closing this one down too!?!

I would have thought that was obvious from my last post. To ask people's opinions on whether members should be able to post polls on topics of their choice, when they want, even if the topic is one on which someone else may be thinking about posting a poll at some unknown point in the future.

You can't tell me you're starting to think about closing this one down too!?!

So its obvious from this "You can, unless your poll happens to cover the same topic that some members of the admin team MAY be considering holding a poll for at some point in the future, in which case your poll is closed down!"
that its asking peoples opinions ?
It seems to be a statement not a question no matter how many times I read it or am I not reading inbetween the lines?

oh and no intention on closing this at all as its a good display.

Yes, it is obvious. That's what polls do.

That statement you quoted, in combination with the question in the poll, makes it blatantly obvious what I am asking people's opinions on. They may express their opinion on the subject in whichever manner they deem to be most appropriate, whether that is a comment in this thread, or vote for either of the options in the poll.

I hope that has helped to clear any confusion.

That statement you quoted, in combination with the question in the poll, makes it blatantly obvious what I am asking people's opinions on. They may express their opinion on the subject in whichever manner they deem to be most appropriate, whether that is a comment in this thread, or vote for either of the options in the poll.

I hope that has helped to clear any confusion.

ermm you stated "it was obvious from my last post" now your saying in combination with the question in the poll and state I hope this clears confusion :wtf: are you a politician ?

Must be, says a lot without getting to the point.....:no:

'Sits back with popcorn '
Poll away guys, or did you want to start the shall i start a poll , poll:sadlike:

The only point of this whole thread is to wind a few Mods/Admin up I thought we were supposed to be grown ups here, i was obviously mistaken.

Maybe i should just start sticking the naughty boys on the naughty step , perhaps that would ease this situation?

***!

• It is NOT to wind anyone up!
  • It's to get the views of everyone else on whether we should be able to post polls on what we want, when we want to.

What is so difficult to understand?

BTW

• I originally posted the poll in the 8P section, as that was where the prefixes are and people in there would have understood what lead me to ask this question.
  • I posted the link so that everyone would see the reason behind it. I wouldn't have needed to post the link if it had been left where it was, so if that's what you think was designed to wind someone up, you're sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
***!

• It is NOT to wind anyone up!
  • It's to get the views of everyone else on whether we should be able to post polls on what we want, when we want to.

so anyone can post a poll on whatever they please ? mmmmmm I really think this is a bad idea

Care to expand on that?

Obviously taste and decency need to be taken into account, but other than that, what do you have a problem with?

Care to expand on that?

Obviously taste and decency need to be taken into account, but other than that, what do you have a problem with?

Well thank god we have something in common as in the taste/decency bit.
We cannot have a poll which is going to happen soon anyway as it would be a bit silly and breaks forum rules but in a reverse kinda way.

I don't think people should be able to post a poll about another persons poll that is a poll on an original topic! :lmfao:

What is this forum coming too .... ? I am a member of a few different forums, and there is more antagonism on here than the rest put together!

Being fair, this sort of thing seems to be reserved only for the odd thread here and there. Generally across the board I find that it's ok, and friendly place to be.

Lots of different characters, but I pretty much like them all.

What is this forum coming too .... ? I am a member of a few different forums, and there is more antagonism on here than the rest put together!

Seriously? Ive always thought as.net was pretty chilled, sure theres a couple of characters on here but by and large its a well supported and informative forum. You wanna check out some of the Honda/Airsoft forums or 4chan... :)

Should people be able to create a poll when they want to?

Yes BUT posting/membership on as.net is a privilege, not a right. The mods/admins are in charge, if they have removed something its usually for a good reason. If you disagree with that reason then I guess you have the choice of either 'cest la vie' or just not being a member anymore, Ive used the net for about 14 years and learned a long time ago not to take it all to heart...

(Im not kissing *** by the way, I dislike some of the changes that have happened to the forum lately and was f***ed off I wasnt allowed to post to a thread a few weeks ago where some idiot got his facts wrong :) )

IMO.

Being fair, this sort of thing seems to be reserved only for the odd thread here and there. Generally across the board I find that it's ok, and friendly place to be.

Lots of different characters, but I pretty much like them all.

:iagree:
I've said this before and will say it again, I think ASN is full of sound people and advice. However, there are a few threads that appear here and there that are sent to wind people up. Not saying this is one of them :whistle2:

Seriously? Ive always thought as.net was pretty chilled, sure theres a couple of characters on here but by and large its a well supported and informative forum. You wanna check out some of the Honda/Airsoft forums or 4chan... :)

It's just my experiences I guess, I shall remember to avoid those forums though ;)

A nice simple one for you this one.

I don't doubt that for one minute...
Lord knows it would have to be if you were involved.

Wow...30+ posts and 3 Moderators wasting their time...for what?
Another one of your antagonising threads, up (Ha!) to your usual standard.

You do know that A-S.net isn't run specifically for your entertainment, don't you?

So why don't you wind your neck in, stop trying to cause trouble, and let the people who try to keep this place going so everyone can enjoy it, get on with keeping it going - without having to deal with crap like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.