Should I be worried?

larbel

Reaction score
So, couple days ago, I started the car and was backing up the parking space and all of the sudden, EPS malfunction light came on, followed by Hill Hold Assist malfunction (Which I don't even have) then TPMS malfunction, I think there was couple others but I don't really remember as they flashes too quickly.

Anyway, I restarted the engine and everything back to normal, except for the TPMS light remained on for a little bit. Have anyone seen this happen and should I be worried or is it just one of the electronic glitches that a reset would take care of? The car has been fine since...

This can happen if your battery is starting to get low in power.

Or if your car is possessed, but that's quite rare for VAG family cars, mostly seen in other brands such as, for example, Vauxhall.

I've seen odd (albeit different) spurious behaviour...

One night, with lights in the Auto setting (and no changes to MMI settings) the headlights would not turn off until the car was actually locked. Normally the way I've set them they go out when the engine is stopped.

Another time the MMI display popped up (having been retracted) for no apparent reason.

Both these things have not repeated since the following day. Call it software bugs, glitches, whatever. There needs to be a Ctrl-Alt-Del for consumers to "reboot" all the car systems. Maybe this happens from time to time automatically anyway? Gawd forbid our cars were based on a Windows OS though!

This can happen if your battery is starting to get low in power.

Or if your car is possessed, but that's quite rare for VAG family cars, mostly seen in other brands such as, for example, Vauxhall.

That makes sense, will check battery voltage when I get home, thanks!

Both these things have not repeated since the following day. Call it software bugs, glitches, whatever. There needs to be a Ctrl-Alt-Del for consumers to "reboot" all the car systems. Maybe this happens from time to time automatically anyway? Gawd forbid our cars were based on a Windows OS though!

I wouldn't go buying a Ford or a Vauxhall anytime soon then :readit:

ABS sensor??

I know vag cars mainly FWD
If they go on a dyno they can sometimes throw a complete wobbly with the TPMS and It throws up a fault with the traction control system.

I was told by the chaps that its caused by the ABS sensors getting confused.

Not sure if thats the issue you may have, but thats my experience of those faults