Seat belt removal

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
Getting custom seat belts for our A4, but need to remove existing to send of for the replacement...

Has anyone advice on how to do this? Any guides etc? Be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well today's the day I'm going to try and take the belts out. Hopefully it will be self explanatory once I start, only concern is if there is any tension etc I don't want to ****** them up...

I'd disconnect the battery & wait half hour just incase. What colour you having them done ?

Would have been easier to buy a set off ebay to send away?

I would imagine they will be next to nothing as they are the kind of part that never gets bought from breakers.

I would imagine they will be next to nothing as they are the kind of part that never gets bought from breakers.

Actually seem quite pricey, about £80 each for front and around £25 each for rear

Try another breaker. I called in one in the North East, looking for Passat screen washer jets as they are the fan type. He said have a look around and see if you can find some, so I did. He then said a couple of quid but minimum charge is £5 so I got a load of wheel studs and covers while I was there ;)

I've replaced seatbelts on an A2 (2003) and A4 Avant (2001), not for colour changes, but because they were slow to retract and didn't have sufficient tension when worn, which then gets into safety territory. Because there's seat-belt pre-tensioners fitted, I disconnected from the battery before working on them. Meant removing interior B pillar trim to gain access, and normally the door rubbers at both door sills to lift the plastic/aluminium tread plates to remove.

I personally wouldn't buy a safety critical item from a breaker yard or EBay. They'll replace the seat-belt but not the internal components.

Ended up taking out the existing belts and getting them replaced so all the safety elements I know to be ok...

Have been delivered to the garage doing some work on the car at the moment so looking forward to seeing them fitted soon

Reactions: GAS MONKEY and xpoweruk