Santa pod meets stage 2+ ...results...

Thx, it just shows that most important thing is the software (map) that brings all the mods together, i had all the hardware, but without the propa map was gettin' nowhere...

Reactions: s3_trev
Nice one mate! Its always nice to see real life proving the estimates wrong! Really happy for you. Hopefully now you dont feel as bad with the amount of cash you spent on her?

Reactions: lucky_bob
Well in BoB see told you APR all the way haha! :icon thumright:

Well in mate bet your a lot happier now.
Money well spent.

thx guys :)
yeah, it was heartbreaking to c no improvement last time, but all's well that ends well :)
If i could turn back time i still would of stayed at stage 1 or 2, but wot's done is done, she is fast enough for me now, i might even keep her for another year ;)

In my opinion, APR has the best maps on the market atm for the TFSi.. I've done a 12.092 @ Stage 2+ on the Crail Raceway surface.. So with the right mods it would be easy to crack 11's @ Santa Pod with the Stock K04.

Glad you got your issues sorted out Bob :) Welcome to Team APR!

I'd love to compare revo and APR on my car but just can't justify spending out for another map
Makes you wonder what's the better map....

Reactions: s3_trev
I'd love to compare revo and APR on my car but just can't justify spending out for another map

That's true mate, the maps are far from cheap lol.

I would imagine tho that all cars/engines are slightly different so where as you may say APR is better for your car but Revo may be better for my car? That's if we had both used both maps if Ya know what I mean lol

Glad to see its performing a lot better now !

When I was stage 2+ AmD at santa pod mine only made 13.19! @ 104 mph

I'm looking forward to seeing the hybrid in action at gti with apr !

I did have a small boost leak following a smoke test on my return though *

In my opinion, APR has the best maps on the market atm for the TFSi.. I've done a 12.092 @ Stage 2+ on the Crail Raceway surface.. So with the right mods it would be easy to crack 11's @ Santa Pod with the Stock K04.

Glad you got your issues sorted out Bob :) Welcome to Team APR!
I believe APR adapts to mods much better, so after u add a mod u don't need to go n tweek the map...
Yeah, i knew ur times m8, that's why i needed to try APR, as u can c there isn't much init, i would say a bit more sticky rubber, less fuel, no headwind n i would be knocking on 11's door :)
but i'm happy, well, over the moon with 12.12 ,so that's me done, with making it faster, know i'll make sure she looks as good as she drives :)
how did u get on with ur tte420 hybrid, cos u had some issues gettin' the power expected from it, there was/is such a big hype about that turbo...

Reactions: LiamS3
APR offers 30 day money back, no question asked, in case u go back, they put it back to stock, but when i spoke to my new tuner, he told me he can store my old map n put it back in case i don't like the APR, u know the result....;)

That's true mate, the maps are far from cheap lol.
well, APR updates r for free, so when u buy stage 1 u can upgrade for free, when i was with AmD i had to pay extra for each update, so it works out that APR map is cheaper...u all know wot i thought about AmD's stage 2+ map....

I would imagine tho that all cars/engines are slightly different so where as you may say APR is better for your car but Revo may be better for my car? That's if we had both used both maps if Ya know what I mean lol
Yes u can't expect the same results, but if ur car is sound then results will be very close, as mine n Liam's times r...
...most cars will come out of factory a bit dif, then u need to run in the car, then maintain it...it all adds up later on in it's life...

Glad to see its performing a lot better now !

When I was stage 2+ AmD at santa pod mine only made 13.19! @ 104 mph

I'm looking forward to seeing the hybrid in action at gti with apr !
thx, bud, yeah, i was running 12.9's with AmD stage 2 n stage 2+ :dejection:
...ur car should be well into 11's can't wait, just take it to strip so we can c wot that hybrid is made of ;)

I did have a small boost leak following a smoke test on my return though *
looking at my times while with AmD stage 2+ u might as well strap a rocket behind it n it wouldn't make any progress...software is the key ;)

July couldnt come sooner . I actually tried launch control for first time last week as I wanted the car run in properly after the tte420 so done about 1000 miles + since . And wow ! Literally felt like stealth at Thorpe Park ( best comparison I could think of haha )

Just realised Liam had problem with power with his tte so interested to see what the update is!?

I'm due to get lpfp and 155 bar reg soon . And some calls to Apr have reaveled they are currently developing a map for the tte420 ! :)

July couldnt come sooner . I actually tried launch control for first time last week as I wanted the car run in properly after the tte420 so done about 1000 miles + since . And wow ! Literally felt like stealth at Thorpe Park ( best comparison I could think of haha )

Just realised Liam had problem with power with his tte so interested to see what the update is!?

I'm due to get lpfp and 155 bar reg soon . And some calls to Apr have reaveled they are currently developing a map for the tte420 ! :)
If u would be in low 11's that would be awesome, fingers cross, cos these 8V boys r puttin' out some rapid times...

Reactions: Alex_Wil
8V at stage 2 + I imagine will be unreal . TTE420 will be there stage 2 haha . I plan to get my turbo pushing 450 bhp and 475 lbs - haven't worked out how yet but I will ... That'll keep them at bay ;) haha

Reactions: Compkiler
Also only running 1.4 bar boost atm so plenty to come :)

well Alexander, i must say u r becoming as mental ( in a good way ) as other Alex ( i think u know who i mean ) :salute:

Reactions: Charlie23
I'm positive the issue has been resolved regarding the TTE420 :) just need to fit a few little bits and bobs and get it tested again! I will report back once it's all been done!

Reactions: lucky_bob and Alex_Wil
8V at stage 2 + I imagine will be unreal . TTE420 will be there stage 2 haha . I plan to get my turbo pushing 450 bhp and 475 lbs - haven't worked out how yet but I will ... That'll keep them at bay ;) haha

I'm sure the IHI Turbo inside the Golf 7R and S3 8V is only good for circa 390-400hp! Don't quote me though :) I know TTE have brought out the TTE450 for the 7R and S3 8V!

MTM have also brought out an Uprated Turbo Package to break the 400bhp barrier on the 7R and S3 8V but that comes at a cost of around £11,000 excluding installation by them.. So to me the new 8V and 7R looks awesome bang for the buck for Stage 1 and Stage 2, but after you hit the 390-400hp barrier you better have some deep pockets!

Last edited:
Reactions: lucky_bob and Alex_Wil
well Alexander, i must say u r becoming as mental ( in a good way ) as other Alex ( i think u know who i mean ) :salute:

There is a feeling of I can't just stop here haha . Too much fun getting more and more power ;)

I'm positive the issue has been resolved regarding the TTE420 :) just need to fit a few little bits and bobs and get it tested again! I will report back once it's all been done!

Good to hear Liam ! Look forward to seeing the results . Are you going for a custom map ? And did you go down wmi route ?

I'm sure the IHI Turbo inside the Golf 7R and S3 8V is only good for circa 390-400hp! Don't quote me though :) I know TTE have brought out the TTE450 for the 7R and S3 8V!

MTM have also brought out an Uprated Turbo Package to break the 400bhp barrier on the 7R and S3 8V but that comes at a cost of around £11,000 excluding installation by them.. So to me the new 8V and 7R looks awesome bang for the buck for Stage 1 and Stage 2, but after you hit the 390-400hp barrier you better have some deep pockets!

Ouch !! From stage 1 to mtm package your looking at probably 20k !? Plus the 40 for the car ! That's r8 prices haha

Be very interesting to see what people do with them though!

Good to hear that bud, just take it to strip, so we can c wot it can do now ;)

Unfortunately I would have to drive miles to get to one :/ wish they had one in Kent !

Last edited:
alex have u looked at racelogic performance box's that could tell ya a lot as well, regarding real life performance...

if u keep moddin' which i think u will do, could be a useful tool, to c if n wot u r gaining, i was lookin' at them, but now i got the results i wanted that's me done...

No but I will now :) lol . I do need something like that !

Unfortunately I would have to drive miles to get to one :/ wish they had one in Kent !
I'm pretty sure Liam is itching to take it to dragstrip, so we won't need to wait too long :)

No but I will now :) lol . I do need something like that !
since my drama with stage 2+, i don't really believe dyno's they play tricks on ur mind...i know that box had good reviews + u can put the car on same stretch of road in more or less same weather n c if u r gaining something in real life after each mod...

Well my car has never ever liked a dyno and they said it could be rear diff but on the road it's absolutely fine so I doubt I would change a rear diff just to chase figures on a dyno lol .I think performance box is great idea so that probably along with a dash cam will be the next investment :) they are pricey though !

u can get some cheap ones, even a app for ur phone, but how accurate will it be...u want something that works...but i'm just going wot i have read, don't have one myself, so do a bit of googlin' ;)

If I did a 13.7 1/4 mile with stage 1 map, a slipping clutch, and a launch at 2.5k revs, what Ya reckon I'll get at stage 2+ ? Got new clutch now too with SMF