1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SANTA POD MEET - MARCH 14TH

Discussion in 'Major UK Events' started by RichA3Turbo, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Its 10 weeks away, and if its like last year, was a warm sunny day and was fantastic for racing!

    So whos coming? hopefully not like august when about 15 people said they woul come but ended up being about 5 of us!

    Its a fantastic day, for those who have not been, and you lot who have been, you know what to expect!

    So whos in?

    Rich
     
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement



    to hide this advert.
  3. phillj

    phillj Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2003
    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    Count me in!

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
     
  4. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    right, you can count me in!!! Revenge time rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Would there be any objections to me bringing my mate and his uno turbo in with us? He came to the last meet with us and drove our car against rich and believes our cars will be quicker up the 1/4 mile than him. I wont be offended if you guys do object but if you dont mind he would love to bring his uno with him, park up with us and race us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well i dont mind... seemed like a good chap last time, and didnt mind loosing to me! hehehehe. its rematch time! we'll see the outcome. Should be fully milltek'd by then too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    The more people that can come the better it ALWAYS is! we had a HUGE club area last time, and will see what i can do agin this time!

    Rich
     
  5. AlexStanley

    AlexStanley Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2003
    Messages:
    621
    Likes Received:
    1
    I'll try and come to this too, chaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
     
  6. Stuart_A3_Turbo

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    305
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    right, you can count me in!!! Revenge time rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Would there be any objections to me bringing my mate and his uno turbo in with us? He came to the last meet with us and drove our car against rich and believes our cars will be quicker up the 1/4 mile than him. I wont be offended if you guys do object but if you dont mind he would love to bring his uno with him, park up with us and race us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well i dont mind... seemed like a good chap last time, and didnt mind loosing to me! hehehehe. its rematch time! we'll see the outcome. Should be fully milltek'd by then too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    The more people that can come the better it ALWAYS is! we had a HUGE club area last time, and will see what i can do agin this time!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Never know, should have a front mount intercooler by then too, which i will also have. Im also hoping to have the turbo intake pipe, adjustable fuel pressure regulator so i cant wait now!!
     
  7. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    right, you can count me in!!! Revenge time rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Would there be any objections to me bringing my mate and his uno turbo in with us? He came to the last meet with us and drove our car against rich and believes our cars will be quicker up the 1/4 mile than him. I wont be offended if you guys do object but if you dont mind he would love to bring his uno with him, park up with us and race us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well i dont mind... seemed like a good chap last time, and didnt mind loosing to me! hehehehe. its rematch time! we'll see the outcome. Should be fully milltek'd by then too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    The more people that can come the better it ALWAYS is! we had a HUGE club area last time, and will see what i can do agin this time!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Never know, should have a front mount intercooler by then too, which i will also have. Im also hoping to have the turbo intake pipe, adjustable fuel pressure regulator so i cant wait now!!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well hopefully /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

    Rich
     
  8. TheTonsta

    TheTonsta Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2003
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sounds good fellas - never been to Santa Pod before and have yet to meet most of you lot, so sure I'll come along...

    Anyone got details ?
     
  9. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Excellent!

    details to come soon.. but normally a few of us meet up at services at J15 on the M1 southbound, then convoy over.

    Depends on who is going though.

    Rich
     
  10. TheTonsta

    TheTonsta Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2003
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    where IS santa pod ?!!!
     
  11. amoffat

    amoffat Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi guys, not been around in a long time, but got the text Rich!

    Going to be tentative on this one as I know my gf is planning a weekend away in March. Should it not clash, I will gatecrash this audi bash with the S2000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if I am welcome?

    Look forward to seeing some old faces!
     
  12. AlexStanley

    AlexStanley Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2003
    Messages:
    621
    Likes Received:
    1
    Blimey Moff - where ya been? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
     
  13. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    cocktaildesigner said:
    where IS santa pod ?!!!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Near wellingborough, northants.

    Rich
     
  14. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    S3 Moff said:
    Hi guys, not been around in a long time, but got the text Rich!

    Going to be tentative on this one as I know my gf is planning a weekend away in March. Should it not clash, I will gatecrash this audi bash with the S2000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if I am welcome?

    Look forward to seeing some old faces!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The more the merrier! The drive from service to SP is ALWAYS good fun aswell!

    Rich
     
  15. Stuart_A3_Turbo

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    305
    Likes Received:
    0
    hey guys, just found this too. Its a RWYB club day with prizes! I believe there is a prize for this for the fastest VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda. http://www.thefastshow.com/

    Anyway, i cant wait to get back up there and will be nice to meet a few new faces. Lets hope for a better turn out than last time. Im actually meeting a friend of mine who owns a corsa today as his mate has just bought an A3 1.8 sport (non turbo) gonna try and get his ass on this board and up to santa pod too.
     
  16. adjturbo

    adjturbo Member

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2003
    Messages:
    94
    Likes Received:
    0
    good good, last time i went santa pod i had to park miles away from the strip with some fool in a cossie doin donuts about 30yards from my car.
    so where abouts will the car park be rich? do we need our club stickers on show or is there a secret code we need to use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Adam
     
  17. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    adjturbo said:
    good good, last time i went santa pod i had to park miles away from the strip with some fool in a cossie doin donuts about 30yards from my car.
    so where abouts will the car park be rich? do we need our club stickers on show or is there a secret code we need to use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Adam

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Its behind the grandstand on the right hand side of the queue road, which is pretty close to everything! obviously have to drive round the top to get on the queue road.

    Dont need anything special to get in, just look out for a sign on the fence on the way round that says 'Audi-Sport'

    Rich

     
  18. speedyp

    speedyp Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2003
    Messages:
    123
    Likes Received:
    0
    I should be going up with a group of friends with assorted cars on 4th April ( 04/04/04 .... bit spooky!!)

    Not sure if I will be running then or not, but would be good to meet some of you guys & gals there if you can make it to that one as well???
     
  19. phillj

    phillj Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2003
    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone was having anything done to there car before Santa Pod?

    I am hopefully getting some nice new 18" rims and a custom remap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
     
  20. Stuart_A3_Turbo

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    305
    Likes Received:
    0
    yep meeeeeee. Just had the FMIC, turbo intake pipe, fuel pressure regulator done. Next step is rolling road tune and setup and a new MAF. I was gonna have all my bodykit and everything done but ill leave it with all the scratches and minor dents at moment until after the hybrid turbo has been done and my credit card calms down a little. Not sure if ill have time to get the turbo done and all run in before the meet though, which is a shame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
     
  21. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    yep meeeeeee. Just had the FMIC, turbo intake pipe, fuel pressure regulator done. Next step is rolling road tune and setup and a new MAF. I was gonna have all my bodykit and everything done but ill leave it with all the scratches and minor dents at moment until after the hybrid turbo has been done and my credit card calms down a little. Not sure if ill have time to get the turbo done and all run in before the meet though, which is a shame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Not a shame, just means i will bet you again!

    Hahahah lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
     
  22. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement



    to hide this advert.
  23. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    Oh the banter has started already, we will beat you dont you worry. Im also looking into this N75J thingie but that will make us peak at around 20psi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif which could cause limp mode probs me thinks.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    From what i've heard, the J vale should not cause any problems!

    Dont worry m8, im just teasin'!

    Rich
     
  24. MushroomMan

    MushroomMan Sucemabite

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2003
    Messages:
    343
    Likes Received:
    0
    Rich,

    I'm interested in coming and racing. What's the form - how do we decide who goes against who? How many goes at the quarter mile do you get? What is the cost? When does it start? Do they have any creche or baby changing facilities?

    B

     
  25. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Golf Bygone said:
    Rich,

    I'm interested in coming and racing. What's the form - how do we decide who goes against who? How many goes at the quarter mile do you get? What is the cost? When does it start? Do they have any creche or baby changing facilities?

    B



    [/ QUOTE ]

    Right,

    1: You decide!
    2: As many as you like
    3: £9 entry and £15 race entry
    4: starts at 10am i believe
    5: unlikely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

    Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
     
  26. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    cocktaildesigner said:
    Since we've opened the betting books, let me pose this question for ya...

    If I bring my 2.5 quattro tractor along, how fast do ya think i'll do the 1/4 mile? Bear in mind it's chipped, it has around 350lb/ft of torque (according to the graphs) and I weigh about 100kgs !!!!!!

    Just curious...

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I would reckon on mid to high 15's... but i could be wrong! Only thing that will let it down is the amount of gear changes you will have to do... Us A3's can just about get away with 3rd gear... maybe just 4th.

    Rich
     
  27. NWMark

    NWMark Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2003
    Messages:
    202
    Likes Received:
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    Right then people, looking at this post I think we should start placing bets on Rich and Stuart!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I think it will be a draw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Mark
     
  28. phillj

    phillj Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2003
    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    NWMark said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Right then people, looking at this post I think we should start placing bets on Rich and Stuart!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I think it will be a draw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Mark

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Oh I hope so! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
     
  29. Stuart_A3_Turbo

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    305
    Likes Received:
    0
    At this moment in time, rich will win. Havent seen our car now in over 2 weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif New exhaust going on when it gets back though and im hoping that will be some time this month.
     
  30. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    At this moment in time, rich will win. Havent seen our car now in over 2 weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif New exhaust going on when it gets back though and im hoping that will be some time this month.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I dont want to win by default! Thats no fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    What exhaust u going for m8?

    Hope the problems are sorted soon!

    Rich
     
  31. NWMark

    NWMark Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2003
    Messages:
    202
    Likes Received:
    1
    Just confirmed that i pick my S3 up on Friday, so ill definately be there with my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Already chipped by the previous owner too ( double /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

    Dam Friday seems ages away..........cant wait!!!!

    Mark
     
  32. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    NWMark said:
    Just confirmed that i pick my S3 up on Friday, so ill definately be there with my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Already chipped by the previous owner too ( double /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

    Dam Friday seems ages away..........cant wait!!!!

    Mark

    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
     
  33. martin3310

    martin3310 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2004
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sounds good to me, I want to see what my S3 does over the 1/4 mile now it is slightly modded
     
  34. Stuart_A3_Turbo

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    305
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    At this moment in time, rich will win. Havent seen our car now in over 2 weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif New exhaust going on when it gets back though and im hoping that will be some time this month.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I dont want to win by default! Thats no fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    What exhaust u going for m8?

    Hope the problems are sorted soon!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]


    Well, dont flame me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif But its getting louder and bigger. Powerflow again, 5" exit, very loud where as we currently have 4" inward rolled and quiet. Doing a sneaky, hoping the guy will do it under warranty...................... Also, replacing the rubbish spark plug for a high quality one so the flamer kit will work better too (yeah yeah, max power i know, but i love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) Also going to get them to raise it and cut into the bumper too i hope!

    I shall be finding out how the car is going tomorrow mate. Its all gone very wierd!! The noise which they claimed was the gearbox, has now stopped completely! Which obviously makes it very hard to find the problem! Oh well, They dont wanna release the car until they know what was causing it as they cant guarantee it will be safe, which is fair enough. However, this escort is starting to get on my nerves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif How i miss the dump valve, being thrown into the back seats, the turbo whistle, the stereo system, the bye bye saxo's, the flames scaring the saxo drivers, the petrol bills, i miss her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
     
  35. JayA4Turbo

    JayA4Turbo Member

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think we should take bets on Rich or Phil! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/piss.gif
     
  36. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    JayB said:
    I think we should take bets on Rich or Phil! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/piss.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
     
  37. Stuart_A3_Turbo

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    305
    Likes Received:
    0
    YEEEAAAAHHHH She is coming home on saturday, hopefully as good as new too!
     
  38. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    YEEEAAAAHHHH She is coming home on saturday, hopefully as good as new too!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Good!

    Just out of interest, why are you going for a 5" tail pipe?
    Personally, i dont think that single pipes suite audis... What about 2 fat ovals? They would look sweet! 2 5"x2.5" pipes?

    I dont need to flame you... think you'll manage that yourself by the sounds of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
     
  39. phillj

    phillj Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2003
    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    JayB said:
    I think we should take bets on Rich or Phil! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/piss.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
     
  40. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    phall said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    JayB said:
    I think we should take bets on Rich or Phil! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/piss.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]



    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well i can near guarantee that Phill will win cos its a K03S so will produce more torque!...

    He will win...
     
  41. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    ... In a straight line anyway [​IMG] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
     
  42. Stuart_A3_Turbo

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    305
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    YEEEAAAAHHHH She is coming home on saturday, hopefully as good as new too!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Good!

    Just out of interest, why are you going for a 5" tail pipe?
    Personally, i dont think that single pipes suite audis... What about 2 fat ovals? They would look sweet! 2 5"x2.5" pipes?

    I dont need to flame you... think you'll manage that yourself by the sounds of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]


    Im thinking about it carefully, i may well get 2 5" tailpipes from one backbox. I just dont like it sitting below the bumper and want it cut into it and your right, as a single 4" like it is at the moment, it looks far too small and lonely. I think 2 5" cut into bumper would look good. We shall see, it will all depend on whether they will replace it under the warranty or whether my credit card will be released from the chains of my wallet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
     

Share This Page