1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 Vs 335d beamer

SonicDeathmonkey Apr 10, 2008

1. I was on the "track" today, cruising along at about 70-75 behind a BMW 335d. He put his foot down when the car in front of him pulled over, so I thought I would see what he had.

Admittedly, I was in 6th and didnt change gear, but he pulled away, strong, until about 110. Are they really that quick then?

2. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

Mapped prehaps? They are just pure torque monsters, and in a straight line once its on full blend I reckon it would stiff a S4!

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

Yes they are that quick.

I got a surprise when in third doing about 30 following one. He floored it, I decided to follow and I only kept up... until the twins kicked in.

Very impressed with it though. They must have a shitload of torque.

4. Hotscar

Hotscar Four Wheel Drifting

I tried once with a 535d and that was a waste of time...very quick indeed!

5. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

539NM of torque, more than the M5
    you should be impressed....and behind

6. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

What does that equate to, 400 odd lb/ft?? Wow!

7. Siena

Siena Active Member

They are beasts, yes.

Quick ones too. 30 - 50, 50 - 70mph, they are quicker than an E46 M3, and definitely most stock S4's.

8. Yeah, but being a oil burner, they must change gear about 50 times, right? Did go like a rocket though.

9. Siena

Siena Active Member

They don't need such frequent gear changes, the gears are perfect for the torque delivery.

10. Defratos

Defratos YouÂ’re Dethpicable!!

Yup they're very quick, my cousin has one and he fools around with me when I'm in my S3 (I thought I had him once until he just flew past)

11. As much as I dislike BMWs, perhaps the 335d will have to be the next car. Could sell it to the Mrs as a more efficient car!

12. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

I had a 5-Series Beemer bullying my behind on a DC a few weeks back.

Did my usual 'thing' to shake it off, and from around 40mph to 110, I pulled ahead barely a couple of car lengths in my mapped S4.

I let it past, and sure enough it was a 535D.