S4/A4 Tyres 19s

evil_scooby

Reaction score
Im used to buying wide 19"s for my last BMW but was wondering what tyres everyone is swapping the defaults with on the s4 or a4 if they use the same size.

Pirelli rosso on it just no and they look about ~£240 on most sites
Falken 452 (classed as ultra high performance on my tyres site are £155 so a big saving
Even the Eagle F1 and Proxies are coming in about £230

The things is the defaults are quite varied. I've got Dunlop SP SPort Maxx GT's on mine. I've only done 10k miles so haven't looked into the replacement costs yet.

n.b. the Dunlop's are runflats which may be a god or bad thing depending on your opinion.

You have run flats on yours?
Mine has only done 12k miles and the fronts look low and I had a wee slide today on a roundabout so thought I would check out the prices.

I didn't know they were runflats until I checked out the tyre on the web. It said they can be used as run flats if they're fitted to a compatible wheel.

A call in to Audi and after a bit of research they confirmed the wheel and tyre can be used as run flats. It's nice in as much as if the Mrs suffers a puncture when she's out with my two young boys, she won't have to fit the space saver.