s3gazz's slow engine build

Reading the post he suggests that it doesnt actually hold 11?

Even if the preload was weak, you'd surely expect consistently low boost, not fluctuations?

I've read it a few times and abandoned understanding what went on.. Cant make head nor tale tbh

Thx guys very interesting all this dan the actuater rod with the 15 psi actuater u sent is longer this time and has plenty of room for preload lol not like the other so I'll add quite a bit and see what happens also get a picture of the rod for u

It holds 11. It didn't hold 11 in limp mode as it is throttled.

Rick

that makes more sense. Ta << Northen Saying I believe :p

For me 11psi on actuator would hold >20psi at 7krpm on the hybrids without maxing the duty cycles..
I usually aim for minimum 12psi-15psi actuator pressure on a k04 hybrid.... exhaust manifold back pressure is very high when pushing on.

that makes more sense. Ta << Northen Saying I believe :p

For me 11psi on actuator would hold >20psi at 7krpm on the hybrids without maxing the duty cycles..
I usually aim for minimum 12psi-15psi actuator pressure on a k04 hybrid.... exhaust manifold back pressure is very high when pushing on.

I'd expect that too but this one won't, probably a back pressure issue as you say.

Rick

So as all this is said I'm thinking of taking the turbo off sometime in January, February and see what the issue is if it comes to it I'll be getting genuine k04 hot side and ask dan if he could put it together for me then I no that's out the way does it fix my problem hopefully.

back pressure wise can only be the hotside as iv done everything I can so make it better flowing most people won't of ported the downpipe but I have to help get rid of more back pressure and we now no from bills tuning last week the v3 does flow.

ker-ching!

been there.... costed tooling.. Owch!

nice process mind you but... need to churn a few out to pay for the tooling costs

Kennametal in UK do the process from memory

ker-ching!

been there.... costed tooling.. Owch!

nice process mind you but... need to churn a few out to pay for the tooling costs

Kennametal in UK do the process from memory

Gaz, hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have my k04 turbine housings, testing permitting, come the time you remove your turbo you are more than welcome to one.

They have been been made designed to be better than the stock k04 housing.

fully ported wastegate
ported inlet and throat
clearanced exit
and correct length arm.

Gaz, hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have my k04 turbine housings, testing permitting, come the time you remove your turbo you are more than welcome to one.

They have been been made designed to be better than the stock k04 housing.

fully ported wastegate
ported inlet and throat
clearanced exit
and correct length arm.

or cool dan I go for that then haha solve all mi problems in one haha nice. Have to let me no when u have em and I'll get turbo off

So iv added some preload few full turns and don't feel any different.

whats getting me is my boost gauge says 11psi and my liquid gauge says 15.5 psi which is over the actuater pressure. My self I think the liquid is the most accurate so I'm not running the right actuater pressure I think till I can log it.

So iv added some preload few full turns and don't feel any different.whats getting me is my boost gauge says 11psi and my liquid gauge says 15.5 psi which is over the actuater pressure. My self I think the liquid is the most accurate so I'm not running the right actuater pressure I think till I can log it.
Liquid gauge/mapsensor is before throttle. Boost gauge is post throttleN75 feed - pre throttle, dyno take off boost sensor - post throttle15psi pre throttle , 11 psi post throttleMmmm where's the possible issue?!

same as conversation with gaz yesterday........... pressure difference across tbody.. :(
logs being done to confirm how much the tbody is opening.. Suggestion that during mapping the tbody kept needing resetting ??

Gaz was on the dyno again today, made very similar power to when I ran it so it's all good. Lower torque as &lt;br&gt;<br>
it's running less mid range boost. Also runs were done in succession so the last run would make more if the car was allowed to cool. So Gaz is happy - still wants more boost though!

IMG 9313
Rick

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason.s and StaceyS3
hi guys been a wile but I'm doing another engine build lol...

pro4 mani fitted today ready for when I get the turbo back from dan and bill..