S3 What would you do?..

well think Coventry or Leicester.... Leicsester would be bettr for me and Ian, im at junction 30 of M1 so 80 mile trip to Coventry, not the shortest journey

yeah was thinking around that mark haha, your going through Stoke arent ya? i think Leicester is most probably best for me if we can agree - any other suggestions?

I'm easy - still in 'Driving new car mode' so don't mind within reason ;)
:racer:

probably best to wait till after xmas Jim...i know i didnt want mine done straight away, tis like a new lease of life...upto you mate

Hi guys,

whilst you're all on the subject of remaps:

I'm hoping to get a remap soon, but I'm really unsure of who to go for as everyone has different opinions. I'd like a remap that has a bit more ooomph when you put your foot down but I don't want it ALL low down. I'd like it spread out a little more but not spread out so much that you don't notice the kick low down.

Any recommendations?

I also live in Aberdeen but make regular commutes to Inverness so if you guys know of any good folks to do it around there than I'd appreciate it! :)

Carlisle might be an option too if there's a good tuner there. :)

sounds like you'll need a custom code fella :racer:

Thanks mate!

Just been looking through their website but £380 seems a bit steep especially the way the economy is going!

Might have to pop round and speak to the local dealer before I do anything! Can anyone recommend the Aberdeen or Carlisle CC dealers? :)

Definitely wanting to look into that and a LiquidS3 unit though so I'll take my time and source it out properly! :)

Thanks mate!

Just been looking through their website but £380 seems a bit steep especially the way the economy is going!

Might have to pop round and speak to the local dealer before I do anything! Can anyone recommend the Aberdeen or Carlisle CC dealers? :)

Definitely wanting to look into that and a LiquidS3 unit though so I'll take my time and source it out properly! :)

WTF - £380 is not expensive at all.
A mate of mine just had his 08 S3 remapped with MTM, and they charged him 700 + vat.... And he says the car didn't feel that different afterwards either.

He got 310.5 bhp out of it. Though to be fair, it was probably remapped before.

WTF - £380 is not expensive at all.
A mate of mine just had his 08 S3 remapped with MTM, and they charged him 700 + vat.... And he says the car didn't feel that different afterwards either.

He got 310.5 bhp out of it. Though to be fair, it was probably remapped before.

Well maybe not for you. Some of us have a budget.

A friend of mine got his '99 S3 remapped for £250 and it seems done well. He has no complaints. Was an offer via an Audi forum, though it wasn't with CC. Might possibly have been Revo but I'm not entirely sure.

My S3 is REVO'd. It certainly has that initial 'kick' in the back, but it soons dies down. Can't comment on any other maps..

I would defo want to make it to a mini-meet though, if anything evolves RE this, can someone let me know?

Hi guys,

whilst you're all on the subject of remaps:

I'm hoping to get a remap soon, but I'm really unsure of who to go for as everyone has different opinions. I'd like a remap that has a bit more ooomph when you put your foot down but I don't want it ALL low down. I'd like it spread out a little more but not spread out so much that you don't notice the kick low down.

Any recommendations?

I also live in Aberdeen but make regular commutes to Inverness so if you guys know of any good folks to do it around there than I'd appreciate it! :)

Carlisle might be an option too if there's a good tuner there. :)

There is a Revo dealer in Inverness. I will be getting it done eventually.

ok, i paid £300 inc vat for my CC..... they always seem to have an offer on for one thing or another..... you need to drive your options ideally... worth noting that the company that sell custom codes were the largest distributor for Revo in the UK at one point...

main point is that they are different in many ways, Revo also has the option of a hand held device to switch your maps around for few hundred extra.... you wont get a Revo or CC though IMO for £250 unless you catch them on a 40% off sale...

makes me laugh how everyone assumes the prices will drop across the board since we're in a recession, that isnt what happens in most areas of the economy...infact its what you should hope 'doesn't' happen....deflation is as bigger problem as inflation for the economy

Tim

You could always try Chipped UK, they are in Bromsgrove. The did mine on the week on the Chip N Spin day for £250, been really helpful too as I have had issues with my engine which they helped identify.

<tuffty/>

I had CC on my 52 plate s3 but was very dissapointed with the results, i then had REVO and it is that much better that i don't know wht everyone doesn't have it!

A bit expensive having 2 remaps within a couple of months though.

I chose the remap with the dongle so I can tinker it around a bit and it was 800 quid all in and that was with a discount two years ago.
Revo all the way baby

must say id be interested in driving the Revo as i slate thems quite a bit and maybe without due reasoning:)