S3 to RS3

Chris5

Reaction score
My car has 2 years left on its lease so by the time I get the facelift rs3 in 2 years unless I hand my car back early will the 8v model still be about for a while or will there be a 8... In the making? I would rather a new s3/rs3 8... than what would be an old style rs3 8v

Personally... I'd say the 8v facelift will be around for a while. The facelift rs3 saloon or hatch/SB ??????? Is presumably being announced soon

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
The 8V pre facelift has been around for just under 4 years, so would expect about the same for the facelift...?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L and Rob2k68
If you keep holding out for a new model / FL whatever...You will never get a car...Like you I will hopefully be in a position to getting a new car in 2 years time.Whatever it will be I'm sure there will be something in the 'pipeline' regarding face lift or new model........
Will be looking forward to the 'New New Face lift' debate when it comes along........'NOT'.....lol:friends:

Reactions: batch, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 4 others
You can't order an RS3 at present. Rumours the saloon will appear though.

Reactions: pburv
The 8V pre facelift has been around for just under 4 years, so would expect about the same for the facelift...?

Yeah I'm thinking the same facelift generally occurs mid-cycle so 2020 for the new 8*

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
You can't order an RS3 at present. Rumours the saloon will appear though.

Paris motor show reveal in October is the word on the street.

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, Gordo77 and 3 others
If you keep holding out for a new model / FL whatever...You will never get a car...Like you I will hopefully be in a position to getting a new car in 2 years time.Whatever it will be I'm sure there will be something in the 'pipeline' regarding face lift or new model........
Will be looking forward to the 'New New Face lift' debate when it comes along........'NOT'.....lol:friends:

Yeah, it's a bit like buying Apple equipment... always something rumoured to be a bit newer and better just round the corner.

* waiting eagerly for the new iPhone 7 :p

Reactions: rasA4, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 2 others
Yeah, it's a bit like buying Apple equipment... always something rumoured to be a bit newer and better just round the corner.

Me too. Hope it's soon :)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L and Rob2k68

Don't know about you but I heard the iPhone 8 isn't that far away....:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
Me too. Hope it's soon :)

Within next 2-3 weeks I reckon. I'm a sucker for the iPhone...have bought the last 4 models every year as soon as they get announced. :blush:

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 1 other person
Within next 2-3 weeks I reckon. I'm a sucker for the iPhone...have bought the last 4 models every year as soon as they get announced. :blush:
I prefer iPhone to any other phone. I not an android fan. I'm too lazy to be bothered learning how to use tbh.

Reactions: Pook, rasA4, Rob2k68 and 3 others
I prefer iPhone to any other phone. I not an android fan. I'm too lazy to be bothered learning how to use tbh.

I had an Android phone many years ago, but last 5 years I've stuck with the iPhone. I think things are just more intuitive with them.

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and pburv
iPhones are like Audi's if you ask me...Paying over the odds for the 'brand' name...lol
I feel a debate coming on!:haudrauf:

Reactions: Simon L, davc, Jassyo06 and 2 others
iPhones are like Audi's if you ask me...Paying over the odds for the 'brand' name...lol

Lol... and when they work they work brilliantly. When they go wrong, they do it in spectacular style.

A few years ago my 5S completely died and the battery wouldn't charge. It was about 10 months old and they had to replace the entire handset!

Reactions: Simon L, SpeedyFrog, batch and 1 other person
There's a bit of that but the engineering is spectacular!
I work in IT. Been using Apple gear for the last 10 years. And before that Linux from 1999 onwards but tthat's another story. Yeah I'm a geek at heart lol No way I'd use anything else! But I'm not going to debate about this because it'll go on longer than s Tronic vs manual lol

Reactions: Simon L, Gordo77, Sandra and 2 others
Maybe. Hope there's a new blue colour we can talk about :playful: And some may have move on to pasture new... Different S or RS model... Or even a Nissan Qashqai :D

Reactions: Simon L, Gordo77, pburv and 1 other person
The real Iphone 7 comes out next year as the 10th anniversary edition - this Sptembers is more like an 'SE' edition. I have the 6S so will skip this one. Still can't believe they're deleting the headphone socket and replacing it with a fake speaker grille.

Reactions: Simon L, SpeedyFrog, Gordo77 and 3 others
Maybe. Hope there's a new blue colour we can talk about :playful: And some may have move on to pasture new... Different S or RS model... Or even a Nissan Qashqai :D
Ascari Blue....newest blue on the block....
Maxresdefault

Reactions: Simon L, batch, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
Sony phones for me..Had them since I first had a mobile phone...
Remember these...lol
My first mobile...I couldn't get over how technically advanced it was ,
Upload 2016 8 28 10 30 20
......:whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L, SpeedyFrog, Gordo77 and 3 others
Ericsson eh237 for me, followed by Nokia 2110, which had a ****** great extending antenna and was one of the first SMS capable handsets... "That'll never catch on" I thought...

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Rob2k68