S3 Springs and Dampers

Aussiaudi

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a newbie from down under so thought I should introduce myself before asking questions. I live in Melbourne and have owned several Porsches, Mercs, Beemers and also keep a Maserati Gransport as my toy so you can see I love my cars.
I have recently bought the S3 (8PA)as my town car but I am finding the ride just too hard around town so wondering what I can do with springs/dampers to give me a softer ride over the bumps but not mess too much with the handling. I don't want to lower the car as its plenty low enough as it is. Any advice or suggestions most welcome.
Geoff

Hi there, I am a newbie from down under so thought I should introduce myself before asking questions. I live in Melbourne and have owned several Porsches, Mercs, Beemers and also keep a Maserati Gransport as my toy so you can see I love my cars.
I have recently bought the S3 (8PA)as my town car but I am finding the ride just too hard around town so wondering what I can do with springs/dampers to give me a softer ride over the bumps but not mess too much with the handling. I don't want to lower the car as its plenty low enough as it is. Any advice or suggestions most welcome.
Geoff

Funny you should mention that....:yes:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...o’d-like-their-s3-have-softer-suspension.html

P.

Someone told me the Eibach Pro Sport springs with Bilstein touring dampers will do the job but I haven't been able to find Eibach springs for this model S3 so I have emailed Eibach. Apparently the springs are soft in a straight up down motion and stiffen up under excess weight eg cornering

Thanks very much Damian, would you agree with what I have been told, that is the progressive nature of these springs will soften the ride but not compromise handling. Also do you ship to Oz?ThanksGeoff