S3 Resonator Delete

ollie2013uk

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part audi part number for the resonator delete pipe?

Also, does it affect your warranty in anyway?

You can’t buy it from the UK, have to buy from the US. As Audi told me to do, get it done in an exhaust shop for half the price all in.

Yes it will and it won’t, Audi told me it won’t because it’s only sound.. not a decat. It will only affect the warranty on that section of exhaust, the rest is all ok.

Would definitely recommend the BCS Powervalve Res delete, to avoid any sort of droning from s straight pipe.

Res delete2

Reactions: S1Pete, BCS Nige, well_cool and 2 others
thanks for the numbers, i like the sound of the drone delete. Is the drone that bad anyways?

thanks for the numbers, i like the sound of the drone delete. Is the drone that bad anyways?

I've read droning is an issue between 3-4500 rpm, would definitely be annoying on the motorway.

Can you advise who/where/how much pls

BCS Powervalve based in St. Helens, circa £300 fitted. You can buy the res delete w/o fitting from them if your not nearby,

Last edited:
Reactions: OST
@Mr Waj has it made a big difference in sound for you? Considering getting one of these...

@Mr Waj has it made a big difference in sound for you? Considering getting one of these...

I have a PFL S3 and the difference is significant w/ the res delete, the car now sounds how it should. I had the exhaust valves turned off so they were constantly open along with res delete and it is perfect, louder on acceleration, and farts even deeper. videos on Youtube don't do it any justice.

As you have the FL S3 you would get more of the pops and bangs coming through, a must have mod in my opinion.

Reactions: Mark_86
I too vote for @BCS Nige Anti-drone delete. I've been running this part for a while now, fitted it myself too. 100% worth the extra sheets.

Reactions: S1Pete, Mark_86, Lehn and 1 other person
im getting a res delete done on my st200 today, hopefully it will unleash a little bit of a burble/deeper tone and maybe the odd little pop

Reactions: Mark_86
That seems a bit too cheap doesn't it?

Nope not really, my mate paid £90 for his Saloon.

It’s too cheap to not have it done! If you don’t like it, put it back. It’s costing me £50 to have mine put back.

OK, I assume you have a fabricator local to you? Not sure where in Norfolk would do this?

OK, I assume you have a fabricator local to you? Not sure where in Norfolk would do this?
I'm using a power flow place in Kingswinford. £70 does seem very cheap, I was expecting £120

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm using a power flow place in Kingswinford. £70 does seem very cheap, I was expecting £120

I paid £120 because initially I had it clamped on, which cost more. But the clamps ended up leaking so I had it welded.

Looking forward to the results
75c8444ccf707dcbd8f6e70b1bc86c44.jpg

Reactions: AudiNutta
Well happy for £70, just need to code my exhaust flaps closed again as it is a bit loud lol
0fa282eef3e7640d97548222215c06ba.jpg

Reactions: Djs3saloon and AudiNutta
Nice one, I'd be interested to hear how loud it is. Does it drone like others say?

Nice one, I'd be interested to hear how loud it is. Does it drone like others say?
With the flaps open it's a bit too loud and it does drone a little with the flaps open. I'll code them closed and report back.

Others have said with the exhaust flaps closed it's perfect

With the flaps open it's a bit too loud and it does drone a little with the flaps open. I'll code them closed and report back.

Others have said with the exhaust flaps closed it's perfect

Id be interested in hearing how this goes.

I have a res delete at the minute with the flaps open and the motorway drone around 3k+ RPM is deafening imo. Love the sound of it at low RPM but with the motorway miles I do its abit of a struggle to live with hah! Have even considered getting the resonator put back on but if closing the flaps eliminates most of the drone Ill probably go down that route instead!

Id be interested in hearing how this goes.

I have a res delete at the minute with the flaps open and the motorway drone around 3k+ RPM is deafening imo. Love the sound of it at low RPM but with the motorway miles I do its abit of a struggle to live with hah! Have even considered getting the resonator put back on but if closing the flaps eliminates most of the drone Ill probably go down that route instead!

Just waiting on my prime delivery and I'll do it. Just around 3k is bad, everything else is nice though.

Ok I'm an idiot and it turns out carista doesn't do the exhaust flaps. So I need to either buy obdeleven or find someone local with vcds

Ok I'm an idiot and it turns out carista doesn't do the exhaust flaps. So I need to either buy obdeleven or find someone local with vcds

I think alix can do it remotely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Video please :D
I'll try to remember to get one tonight, its not changed it as much as it does on the S3 though, just makes it slightly deeper and burble/pop on low revs, for what it cost though I like it! no drone or anything inside the cabin.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I've managed to get the beta app of Carista and it supports the exhaust flaps. I've coded them so they close again but still can't get the connectors to clip in place correctly and they don't seem to be closing so I'll have another mess with those later

I'm getting this done in the next couple of weeks. I rang my insurance company who want to charge me an extra £80 to add it to the policy though!! took a while explaining to them exactly what it was too.

I've managed to get the flaps working and even though it takes some of the overrun noise away it helps with the drone massively.

It isn't perfect but for the cost well worth doing. I'll report back after some more time on the motorway

Those with drone should've went the Powervalve route ;) no drone here.

Reactions: S1Pete
Remus cat back with race pipe here. No drone if you're in comfort cruising on the motorway. Dynamic is balls out loud, I wouldn't cruise on the motorway with it.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Those with drone should've went the Powervalve route ;) no drone here.

I'm happy with the sound with the flaps closed, and £230 better off.

If I had an issue with drone I could make a Helmholtz device for my res delete and still be £200 better off than going the BCS route

Reactions: Djs3saloon