1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Replacement Tyres

White220 Feb 12, 2008

1. White220

White220 White 220

My pal has an S3 with 13k and baldy tyres already rotated front to back. Can anyone suggest a replacement set or recommend ones to avoid, i think kwik fit have suggested good years (not sure of model), and have also said there is no difference between the choice of 4 different makes. (probably not true!)

I know it is unlikely that many people have 26K+ on their new toys but any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Spin140

Spin140 Well-Known Member

Goodyear GSD III or the new asymetrics have the best review, pay approx £110 per corner but don't expect them to last any longer.

3. L60N

L60N Guest

Once youve chosen the tyre, check your prices against "Blackcircles.com"

Cant be beaten on price...usually. <---Caveat :)

4. sjahS3

sjahS3 Member

Or even Michelin Pilot Sport 2s which seem to get a pretty decent writeup also.

-Sal-

5. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Read more on S3 tyres here

6. JonesyGT

JonesyGT New Member

Yup they can, by mytyres.co.uk, ive always found them cheaper and have been using them for years

7. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

Thing you have to remember with mytyres.co.uk is their price does not include fitting, which varies depending on which garage get the tyres fitted.
    They do have a greater choice of tyres than Blackcircles, but as they completely screwed up my last order, they certainly wont be my no 1 choice to get any replacment tyres from.

Richard