1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 MIRRORS

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Paul Laird, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Paul Laird

Paul Laird Member

Hey had a wee look on ebay, funny how lots of sets of mirrors are comein up now :laugh: one set says the mountin has been touched up:laugh:
  2. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

I have an eye open for a set. found a pair on the bay for £235 but a quick look at the guys feedback shows he paid £180 for them last month from Lithuania so probably nicked !!
  3. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Anybody just tried to spray their own in brushed Alum? LOL
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

I have a set but its the whole kit as in folding, dimming, alum covers, heated, led's underneath etc etc the dogs nads, not as cheap either as £235 but half or more than audi would charge.
  5. Scott

Scott Active Member

Think I'm gonna stick with my white mirrors!!! :undwech:
  6. EAGLE79

EAGLE79 Member

Hi,

I have a genuine set of the silver housings for sale if anyone wants them. They came of my 8P Ibis White S3 when i changed them for Phantom black ones. I sold the car with the Phantom black ones on.

I'm looking for £100.

pm me.

Paul.
  7. NHN

Facelift?
  8. HotboxDeluxe

HotboxDeluxe automatic

Why didn't you have these for sale a year ago when my A3 only had one mirror :asskicking:

I'd have had them :yes: and probably fitted them wrong as well :think:
  9. pns2007

pns2007 Member

I have two mirrors surrounds with built in LED indicators which I took off my 58 plate A3 cabriolet. They are red in colour and in excellent condition having only been on the car for 6 months.
  10. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Steven Baldwin? :w00t:
  11. weedazza

weedazza New Member

how much you looking for them?

And would the fit an 04 a3?
  12. NHN

No, facelift are different shape altogether.
  13. weedazza

weedazza New Member

cheers mate
  14. laticslad

laticslad New Member

The £235 ones on the bay were mine, I bought them thinking it would just be a plug and play retrofit for the auto folding function on my car..

How wrong I was. After much messing about I coudn't get them to fold, then read on here I need vag com, new door looms and modules which I can't source anywhere.

My price of £235 with best offer was aimed at getting my money back on the £180 I paid for them, exactly what I have done tonight. Result.

Why do people assume that Lithuanian exports are all stolen, is there something i'm missing here? I think it would've been difficult for the original seller to steal the complete housing, mounts, mirrors and mechanisms undamaged with all the wiring loom intact from the door card.

Additionally the auto folding switch I was supplied with has the same production date as the mirrors, meaning they were presumably from the same S3. A thief would've done commendably well to get into the vehicle, remove the door card and unscrew this in a hurry.

Or maybe i'm just being naive and he nicked the complete car! :think:
  15. NHN

Cant source anywhere, you didnt look hard enough mate cause there's audi dealers everywhere in the country at last resort.

Cause they've got nothing better to do
  16. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

Who? Those of us who are suspicious about the quantity of S3 etc. parts emerging from Eastern Europe, or the thieving gits themselves?
  17. NHN

Ok I will admit there are obviously S3's stolen, but we only hear about these so much obviously cause we're on an audi forum, but lots of other performance cars get stolen ever single day, but lets think of it like this, how many S3's have been sold in Europe, how many are sold to young guys who think they're schumacher, how many have slammed them into obstacles, so how many of these slammed cars are bought by breakers & broken up for parts, so how many S3 parts are on ebay in the grand scheme of things, sweet FA overall, I just think instead of jumping on people instantly with the stolen moniker about parts, they should think before as there's no proof of theft & tbh its almost daily someone says I bought an S3 today in 8P section, so its not impossible the S3 parts are from crashed cars overall, albeit admittedly some from stolen, but not every single one.