S3 Headlights not working

bennn

Reaction score
Ive put some 6000K xenon bulbs in my s3, now when i turn the lights on they flash once and go off, if i turn them off and restart they flash again.

Any ideas? Are the old ballasts not powerfull enough for them or something?

I stuck the old bulbs in and they worked fine, so ive bought some more OSRAM 4300K ones in the hope they will work. For everyone else i would advise against the cheap bulbs on ebay!

I have this same problem with my S3 with my 8k bulbs. Seems like the car doesn't support these aftermarket xenon bulbs. This is how i've lived with it for nearly a year now and it doesn't bother me anymore......

Turn the lights on, they will flash and go off, keep the switch in same position, headlight warning symbol will appear and bleep, give it 15 seconds, turn the switch to 'sidelights' then back to full and they will come on :)

I do this all the time so it doesn't bother me anymore.

I have this same problem with my S3 with my 8k bulbs. Seems like the car doesn't support these aftermarket xenon bulbs. This is how i've lived with it for nearly a year now and it doesn't bother me anymore......

Turn the lights on, they will flash and go off, keep the switch in same position, headlight warning symbol will appear and bleep, give it 15 seconds, turn the switch to 'sidelights' then back to full and they will come on :)

Wish id known this before i bought some genuine standard OSRAM bulbs now!

Like he said, mines the exact same, althought the passenger side works fine, its the drivers side thats the problem.

Mine had the same problem with the OEM bulbs. It was because of the cold air temperature apparently, as it only happened in Winter.

Mine had the same problem with the OEM bulbs. It was because of the cold air temperature apparently, as it only happened in Winter.

Mine is now doing it with the drivers side headlight only (with the standard osram bulbs back in it) The car has been stood for about 3 weeks and the car wouldnt start as the battery is too flat (lights still work with the key in the ignition though. Could it be that the battery hasnt got enough power to charge the ballasts, and thats why the one headlamp isnt working? There is a buzzing noise coming from the front of the car after i try to turn on the lights and it doesnt go unless i disconnect the battery, could that be the sounds of the battery trying to charge the ballasts?

Sorry if i sound stupid i just dont have a clue how they work.