1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 ecu number? B5 or B6 chassis?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by d18ony, Mar 26, 2008.

1. d18ony

d18ony Donnie Mac

[Mar 26, 2008]
    Hello All, How are you?

Im just off the phone to my local revo dealer. He gave me a price of £499 plus vat. A lot of money, but im sure it will be worth every penny! He did say it could be up to one hundred quid cheaper, depending on my ecu number. The older models apparently have a B5 Chassis rather than a B6??? My car is a 1999 S3 so maybe the earlier one?? Is there anywhere I can find this out? And also, how will I get the number off my ecu, I dont even know where it is, or if its even accessible!!

Cheers Again Guys

Donnie
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

[Mar 26, 2008]
    B5 and B6 are A4/S4 Chassis mate, the A3/S3 upto 2003 are 8L chassis's
  4. simch

simch Active Member

[Mar 26, 2008]
    Your revo dealer sounds like he is talking out of his arse!

Why should it be £100 cheaper to flash any ECU!? Some very very early ECU's may need the chip removing from the ECU and resoldered in but again most mappers do this for same price as it only takes about 30 mins.

Go somewhere else, fella!!
  5. d18ony

d18ony Donnie Mac

[Mar 26, 2008]
    lol no i didnt mean it would be hundred quid cheaper if i knew the number, he just said that the earlier chassis were cheaper to remap. i was just wanting to get the number so i could email him and get a confirmed price! perhaps he misheard me on the phone when i said s3. ive heard very good reports about this guy, and to be honest hes the only one anywhere near me as i live in the highlands of scotland!
  6. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

[Mar 26, 2008]
    Your chassis number is on a sticker in the first page of your service manual and on an identical sticker in the spare wheel well.

Might also be worth speaking to http://www.starperformance.co.uk/index.htm they are very well thought of around this forum and not that far from you.