1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 chassis no. etc - HELP!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MickA3, Feb 3, 2005.

1. MickA3

MickA3 Member

Can anyone tell me the chassis no. of a 2001 Audi S3....I want to order an S3 spoiler for my A3 and the $£*/! in Audi won't help me until i give him a chassis no. or the S3 spoiler part no.... such bad service!!.... do all year S3s have the same spoiler- I have a 2001 A3 - which S3 Spoiler do i need?? .... it looks like i'm not going to get any assistance from Audi....please help!!
  2. MickA3

MickA3 Member

will any S3 spoiler from 1996-2003 fit?? (once pins removed- spoiler will be bonded on)
  3. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

how helpful of them! As far as I can see there is only one for both versions:

part no. 8L0 927933
  4. Drill

Drill Member

Just figured I'd ask, as most spoilers I've seen have mentioned the 210/220 kph "Limit" and I just chalked it up to the adhesive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Just figured I'd ask, as most spoilers I've seen have mentioned the 210/220 kph "Limit" and I just chalked it up to the adhesive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they're worried the car will flip above these speeds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I can't see the glue giving, maybe if the spoiler sat up more, proud from the body by a distance, then support may become an issue, but I just can't see it being a problem with the S3 spoiler at all. I actually think that some bodge (Duct) tape would do just the trick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  6. Drill

Drill Member

Better yet, I could prolly MAKE an S3 (type) spoiler outta some duct tape and cardboard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  7. MickA3

MickA3 Member

rang Audi and finally got through to someone who knew what they were doing- funnily enough he told me the part no. was 8L9 827933 (slightly different to the one above)....
  8. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    rang Audi and finally got through to someone who knew what they were doing- funnily enough he told me the part no. was 8L9 827933 (slightly different to the one above)....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's the correct number according to my info, so not sure where Ewan got his number from......last time I checked I could get it for 214 Euros (140 quid) from my dealer.
  9. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

strange, what version are you on? I'm still on 6.2 but hopefully not for much longer. Mine is bolted on as when I got the new tailgate they had got the wrong one - an S3 instead of an A3 one so I agreed to keep it and pay and extra £150 for the spoiler fitted/painted.
  10. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

oops, just checked again. Dunno where I got the 8L0 from, sorry.
  11. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    oops, just checked again. Dunno where I got the 8L0 from, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You been smoking my boy? Leave that to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif