S3 Brake Pad Upgrade

Flatcap

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my pads from stock (whilst i save for a big brake conversion!). I want something with more initial bite. Any suggestions?

I'll be changing mine from oem and most likely going with EBC redstuff pads again. I had them on my a5 and found them much better and less brake dust.

Reactions: Gazwould and Flatcap
Thanks. Yes i was thinking redstuff. Nice to see you saw sense and got a saloon! Too many hatches for my liking. Although the boot space is terrible!

Thanks. Yes i was thinking redstuff. Nice to see you saw sense and got a saloon! Too many hatches for my liking. Although the boot space is terrible!
£104 for front pads and £43 for rear pads on fleabay. Yeh the SB and HB just didn't do it for me, seen quite a few mostly in sepang (we love sepang here) but the saloons are still quite rare up my way. Had the boot struggle this morning trying to get something out, its too shallow!

Boot space is terrible?? What are you a deer hunter??!! ;)

Reactions: Bandicoot51 and Stevier88
Did you do front and rear with redstuff?
yeh, i've always replaced front and back pads together when i've changed. Will be doing the same with the s3 front and rear with redstuff.

Another vote for Redstuff, purely for the cutting down of the brake dust. The OE pads are terrible for that.

Not everyone gets on with the bite and feel of Redstuff, just so you know, plus they can be susceptible to squeal.

Reactions: Flatcap
I'm in the yellow camp (yellowstuff) probably combined with these all round ....

ow5anxcY

Reactions: Simon L
I'm in the yellow camp (yellowstuff) probably combined with these all round ....

ow5anxcY

Cor, look at the curves on that! ;)

.......err, oh and the brake discs yeah cool!

Much better Rob I approve :)

Reactions: Rob2k68
Cheers Si - glad you like it erm them !

Have you seen Jassy's ? We're both seriously out gunned big time !!!!

Cheers Si - glad you like it erm them !

Have you seen Jassy's ? We're both seriously out gunned big time !!!!

I have mate, interesting to see how that pans out!! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have mate, interesting to see how that pans out!! lol

Lol yes I know what you mean mate. He may have played the Borat swimsuit trump card a little too early !!

where are people ordering the pads from then ?

Did you bed them in 'naturally' or have them pro-cut?

Not fitted yet but ordered the discs - a job for the new year I think need to change them 'under the radar'.

Where did you get them from? Everywhere i have looked doesn't have them for 8v's