S3 aftermarket exhausts compilation

Fiddie

Reaction score
BCS are close to having their system ready for sale.. I think @Steph67 has been in touch with them.

http://www.powervalve.co.uk/

Yes, they have an 8v S3 coming in to finalise their development 1st week in March. I would have given them mine, but they needed it for a few days and at 190 odd miles away it's a bit too far for them to give me a quick run back up the road then come and pick me up when it's done. :D

I'll be having one of these as soon as it's available, and will post a video. Looking forward to it too, it looks like a quality item.

Reactions: PacMan88, Fiddie and AndyB-S3
Wish i could of justified the cost of the Armytrix... But happy with the Milltek (but will probably add the down pipe at some point)

There's also the ABT system (for which they supply a warranty incase of audi issues

Reactions: Fiddie
Wish i could of justified the cost of the Armytrix... But happy with the Milltek (but will probably add the down pipe at some point)

There's also the ABT system (for which they supply a warranty incase of audi issues

Did you go for non-res? I'm thinking about going for the turbo back non res, but not sure if it will be to loud.

What are your thoughts?

Sounds quite loud! Pretty quiet in comparison to the Armytrix !

I'm quite tempted by Cobra (Non resonated), sounds decent:

Does sound good! Think they were one of the first to develop for this chassis. It's a step in the right direction from the Armytrix, I think that thing is just a little too brutal in 'Race Mode' !

Did you go for non-res? I'm thinking about going for the turbo back non res, but not sure if it will be to loud.

What are your thoughts?
I LOVE it, that video is just about spot on really. It's perfectly quiet (but with a nice little burble) when you want it to be, but in Dynamic it's loud (but not overly loud, not sure what it would sound like with a downpipe though).

I'm a massive fan of mine :D

Edit: Yes, I did go for the non res, figured if i thought it was too loud i could always get a resonated section. But the sound is spot on

Reactions: Fiddie, Wondering Soul and RYuill
I'm quite tempted by Cobra (Non resonated), sounds decent:

From what i've seen (a few videos on instagram) it seems pretty hard to live with as it's always really loud, especially with the full system as it doesn't have any valves. But i guess it depends what you're after, for the money it's great

Ali just seen yours on YouTube, any pics? As the vid at awesome it looks like 2 blank holes where the exhausts used to be

Ali just seen yours on YouTube, any pics? As the vid at awesome it looks like 2 blank holes where the exhausts used to be
Yeah the lighting was a little funny in there!

Hopefully these are better:
IMG_0160_zpsc8v9lcja.jpg

IMG_0103_zpsqiai0uai.jpg

IMG_0101_zpszgjjunje.jpg

Reactions: Zak0123, Tej13, RO65ERS and 3 others
alijnclarke where I can find the video of your miltek and is it the valve tronic one?
There isn't really a proper video, these just a short revving one on youtube from aweome gti. I'll do a proper one when i get a new camera.

Yeah it's the one with the active valves

The Video from awesomegti got me to order the Milltek system. hopefully Ill get it in acouple of days.

Reactions: RYuill and Fiddie

Thats how it sounds. I got the System delivered for a hatch or sportback. thats wy you dont see the tips yet :p

Reactions: PacMan88, Steph67, alijnclarke and 2 others
I know what I'll be ordering when I get home.

That sounds great!

Had one of these fitted this morning, after months of hanging off for a BCS system. I went for one of their new 'half res' systems, sounds sweet, but not too sure about the fitting, with the way the ends protrude.

Will post a couple of photos later.

The Armytrix looks like a good system (in that you can switch it on and off). It's just a shame that when it's on it sounds like a bag of spanners in a tumble dryer. The Cobra sounds the best to me, but would I be right in saying that it's not switchable?

I'll probably stick with the stock when my S3 arrives, but if I did decide to get a jazzy exhaust, which one would you recommend? Ideally I would like the option to turn it on or off, and wouldn't be too loud, but instead just give the exhaust a slightly sportier tone.

Had one of these fitted this morning, after months of hanging off for a BCS system. I went for one of their new 'half res' systems, sounds sweet, but not too sure about the fitting, with the way the ends protrude.

Will post a couple of photos later.
I actually had mine adjusted so the tips stick out more, you can easily adjust them so they're further in.

The Armytrix looks like a good system (in that you can switch it on and off). It's just a shame that when it's on it sounds like a bag of spanners in a tumble dryer. The Cobra sounds the best to me, but would I be right in saying that it's not switchable?

I'll probably stick with the stock when my S3 arrives, but if I did decide to get a jazzy exhaust, which one would you recommend? Ideally I would like the option to turn it on or off, and wouldn't be too loud, but instead just give the exhaust a slightly sportier tone.
Armytrix system is awesome, but its always realyl loud and very expensive.

Cobra doesnt have valves, if i were you i'd go for the miltek, thats valved and is the perfect mix, at least to my ears

Reactions: Fiddie and S3inSE21
Should have my milltek fitted next week, will upload some videos when i get chance

They're as far on as they can go, I think the back box needs pushed further on to the centre pipe. I'll take a vote on how it looks once I get a photo posted.

They're as far on as they can go, I think the back box needs pushed further on to the centre pipe. I'll take a vote on how it looks once I get a photo posted.
ooh that sounds a little unusual, yeah sounds like a good plan

Should have my milltek fitted next week, will upload some videos when i get chance
Looked online last week for these, came back at around £1300 just for the back box!!! Is that right or did I look at the wrong thing?

I heard it was around £2.5k for the full system so that could be right.

Looked online last week for these, came back at around £1300 just for the back box!!! Is that right or did I look at the wrong thing?
That's right! I would even stay it's worth it 100%.

Ps it's nearly three times cheaper than the armytrix

ooh that sounds a little unusual, yeah sounds like a good plan

Took a load of good photos when the car was up on the ramp but can't get any of them to upload as too large for the server, but have finally been able to upload some from when I got home. Actually looks OK in these photos, can't get the 'above' shots to upload.

IMG 0966
IMG 0962
IMG 0973

Sounds the b*llox though, the farts on upshift are epic, and I was in a multi storey earlier, the echo was a bit special :tonguewink:

Reactions: Zak0123, Tej13, Fiddie and 1 other person
all you modded exhaust guys need to line your cars up and let us 'ditherers' listen to each and then make a decision...

Reactions: ammo-mcr, Fiddie and Wondering Soul
Also posted in the "what have you done" thread...

Loving the noise, definitely adds to the grin factor for me :grinning::hearteyes:

IMAG0994

IMAG0998

IMAG0997 2

IMAG1000

Reactions: Tej13 and Fiddie
Looks like they stick out a few cm more than mine, but they look good! I'd probably leave it like that

Yeh they really do sound awesome, never heard the resonated version though!

Reactions: ajvS3, Fiddie and Steph67
Looks like they stick out a few cm more than mine, but they look good! I'd probably leave it like that

Yeh they really do sound awesome, never heard the resonated version though!

Mine is the new mid range, with the db increase mid way between the res and non res. Lovely deep note with the valves closed, not too loud but a much nicer tone, easy to live with, not intrusive. Pretty full on with the valves open, the non res must be hilarious :tonguewink: