S3 8L...locking up at rear on full lock???

Hi Nogaro-S3 ,
How's your S3 going with the pre-mapped ECU?
Mine seems okay at the moment, have actually replaced the 3bar FPR with a 3.5bar and put back the original bosch 710n dv, I seem to have inconsistencies with boost pressure?
This is a simple graph with my vehicle weight set at 1600kg with 2 adults in, still unsure of believing the wheel horsepower is 237hp

Screenshot 20161203 185559
Screenshot 20161203 233557

Thanks Tufty, I actually struggled to find a "cheap" 3 bar FPR but the original one doesn't look blocked like some of the pictures on here, I will try swapping them back. Thanks

So rather than me sounding like I know why I should return to 3bar FPR , can you elaborate on what happens with the 3.5 FPR? Is the ECU seeing too much fuel and now having to adapt to the fuel but not with a result of more power just more ecu effort to make less fuel requested per duty cycle?

I appreciate your layman's description, I will never be an expert but it's good to understand.

Also not that I want it but you can buy a map with 'pops and bangs' is that simply injecting fuel whenever there is no fuel request from throttle, a bit like turning the engine off and leaving the cortina in 4th gear rolling into the market square then turning the engine back on line back in the 80s?

Thanks

Thanks I will check again after using my old one for a bit for comparison, my main concern is the potential of running lean, and burning the engine.

my main concern is the potential of running lean

This won't fix it... the ECU will always attempt to do what the map is requesting... if its going to go lean it will be a mechanical issue which you need to get to the bottom of...

<tuffty/>

Sorry I meant that is why I replaced the FPR but now I understand it's pointless / problematic changing the bar, I will keep an eye on the logs, and look to fit an FMIC after Christmas as the AITs are pretty low at the moment due to ambient temperature.

I was reading a thread yesterday on torquecars from 2009 with a load of people arguing over whether an FMIC was needed on an S3 - it was funny to read irrespective of the outcome.

Well I certainly will try a new 3BAR FPR - I put my old one back on and after 3 hard runs on different roads and time (to/from destinations), I couldn't get over 178g/s and it hit a wall at 5600rpm with just me in the car - when last night it was hungry for more at 6000rpm / 199g/s and two people it also "felt" different today more like last week - when it has "felt" good for a couple of days.

is there a simple test for a FPR or is it easier to just buy another 3 bar, as I said it visually looks okay - but has probably had 139K of fuel passed through - and I most likely put on its second ever fuel filter.

They generally don't fail...

However at this point I think we have managed to completely derail this thread... considering it was originally about a haldex issue :)

<tuffty/>

Yeah, digression is a key failing of mine.

Still am really suprised at the amount of 4.5 and 5 bar s3 FPRs on eBay. For the sake of illimination and £20 I may as well try a new one.

Hey up Audi people, ok so i see this posting were back int 2016, so i missed all the fun, and i see some of you chatting about similar issues to me
I have been a proud owner of various Audi's for some years, the old 80 quattro and later a 20v90, forgotten what that was, anyway a while back now, had lots of fun, and now been owner to an Audi S3 for some 6years or more, and like me is getting to be a bit long in the tooth etc

So yes an older (wiser) Audi S3 1999, over 20 years and since 2018 have had an issue over front tyres scrubbing on inside, all happening around the time i got new tyres in 2018 and i just ignored thinking its coz they are new and perhaps the wheel alignment was a bit out, maybe not right, so had it checked out and seemed fine, the comment i got back was, well 'Audi's do that from time to time', not really an answer i needed and i had no previous issues prior to that, so whats going on? maybe after leaving the car with them it got a spanking, and come to think of it the chap did say it held the road well, so perhaps . . .

But it is interesting to see all your comments, since i just had the car MoT'd last week, and my mechanic saying, tyres scrubbing, might be a locked diff, eeeeek, and could be expensive just to tinker and diagnose, so that's being done now. Reading what you guys have suggested makes some sense, so lets hope mine can be sorted, once i know what i'm talking about, i'm guessing your cars are later, think i saw 2003 against one, so can i assume that although models have changed slightly that most running gear is similar, i did see a second and forth generation Haldex unit can be tested and fixed for as little as £140, which is not bad, if i have to go that far, but being unemployed now, or even unemployable some might say, i have to watch the pennies

I've seen most of your recommendations and will follow suit and see whats what but anything else you might think of, if you guys are still about in 2020, please let us know and i trust you are all still enjoying or have ungraded by now

292533 3782493438404 1019339491 n