Running power wire for A4 B5 and speakers

Fluid36

Reaction score
Hi guys, 3 quick questions

1) I have a A4 B5 with the 2.6 v6 and I'm trying to run a power wire from the battery through to the cabin and cant seem to find any gromet etc to run it through. Have read through the forums and got a fair idea how to do it (coat hanger etc) and I've done it easily on previous cars I have owned but there is very limited space around the engine to even see part of the firewall to run a wire through. If anyone could tell me where to run the wire through or has any diagrams it would be much appreciated.

2) Also my car has the rear nokia speakers, are these run off a factory amp and if so where is this located?

3) Thirdly, how do I get the front plastic speaker grills off without breaking them, they dont seem to want to pop off?

Thanks

3) You have to remove the door card to get the grilles off. I found out the hard way and snapped the passenger side grille off...

You can run power through the back of the ECU cover, this drops down into the drivers footwell, just remove the visible screws on the top of the ECU cover (under the drivers wiper) and this should give you enough room to prise up the top and see into the footwell. Shine a torch up from the footwell and it'll show you where the power needs to run.
The rears are run off an amp bolted to the left rear speaker. If you are replacing the rears then the whole rear parcel shelf cover needs to be removed to get to them. Don't try prising off the grills as they are secured to the cover from underneath.

Thanks for the replies guys, brilliant!:icon_thumright:

SamDude said:
There's a button for that you know....

Oh you mean the search button I assume,

I did search but couldn't find what I wanted, thanks for the feedback none the less dude.

I ran my power cable through the passenger side, what i did was removed the glovebox (dead easy) and then you can see several grommets that pass through the bulkhead into the engine bay.
I ran the wire up and into the space next to the heater intake, which on my car is covered by a plastic shield, under which is the pollen filter.
To run it to the back of the car (where my amp is) I removed all the side trim (and broke some in the process) and then removed the side bolster of the rear seat, which removes from the bottom and swings up. this will allow you to enter the boot. There should be a big piece of foam there, use this to stop your cable moving about or chafing.

A4Quattro said:
To run it to the back of the car (where my amp is) I removed all the side trim (and broke some in the process)

Glad it wasnt only me that broke some trim wasnt that easy to put it all back esp. the B pillar trim nightmare!

rasA4 said:
Glad it wasnt only me that broke some trim wasnt that easy to put it all back esp. the B pillar trim nightmare!

That made me snigger! It was a disaster!

i remember it well my fingers where aching for days man!

A4Quattro said:
Fishing for thanks are we Sam??

Basically,

Post whoring/thanks whoring - it's all the same, innit?

....at the end of the day

:moa: