1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSD - remaps

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dgannon69, Apr 15, 2006.

1. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

Anyone used these guys? I've got a remap from Amd and its the second car they've done for me but it's **** so i'm thinking of going else where to get something i can enjoy a bit more...

Dave

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

jabba mate. rsd is oettinger

4. HTC

HTC Active Member

Consider custom code also.

5. wizard

wizard Member

Do it,

I've been round the block with remaps also..

AMD shafted my car and cost me a small fortue to get it sorted. Oettinger / RSD are the best by an absolute MILE in my opinion...
    Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for 10 times over, I guarantee it.

I would NEVER have an AMD remap... Heavy on fuel consumption, the mid range torque compared to the Oettinger is naff, believe me, I've had both remaps on the same car and experienced them for all they are worth.. AMD is cheap and thats about as good as it gets...

Oettinger care about how your car performs, not how much and how quickly they can extract cash from your wallet...

Now done 70,000 on an Oettinger remap and it kicks ass..

I KNOW what I'm talking about here and have VERY strong opinions on the matter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Regards

Wiz

6. [ QUOTE ]
    I would NEVER have an AMD remap... Heavy on fuel consumption, the mid range torque compared to the Oettinger is naff, believe me, I've had both remaps on the same car and experienced them for all they are worth.. AMD is cheap and thats about as good as it gets...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record, I have been delighted with my AMD remap. I found no difference in fuel consumption driving normally, and on motorway crusing it is actually better than standard.

7. elucidate

elucidate Member

How much is the Oettinger remap?

8. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[ QUOTE ]
    I KNOW what I'm talking about here and have VERY strong opinions on the matter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Regards

Wiz

[/ QUOTE ]

Could those strong opinions and your unfortunate experience be clouding your judgment?

9. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

cheers for the input guys. when i get another Job i'll be going to oettinger/RSD i think....

10. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User Audi RS3

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone used these guys? I've got a remap from Amd and its the second car they've done for me but it's **** so i'm thinking of going else where to get something i can enjoy a bit more...

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]
    Go back and ask them to do it again!

11. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

Mate believe me i did and it was just blamed on various different faults... they wouldn't remap it. plus i've spent over £100 on return journeys to get it sorted which hasnt been taken into consideration at all...

12. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Also for the record, I had a AmD remap and it was excellent...

13. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

and also just to clear things... the Remap on my 1st A3 was superb and i couldnt pick a single fault with it... so maybe i was just very unlucky with this one

Dave