RS4 on the configurator

Spot on. Cheers bud. In everybody's best interests to get you into that RS4. Still say Nogaro should be standard or basic option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldnt agree more. I was set on Nardo but went for black at the last minute. Keeping it simple and stealthy!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Couldnt agree more. I was set on Nardo but went for black at the last minute. Keeping it simple and stealthy!

Forgot to say...was Alcantara simply not available on the wheel and gear knob? Just a Euro option? Not seeing it in U.K.

Didn’t check.. there’s a heated steering wheel option, not something I need in my life (or out of my bank account) so kept it as the standard perforated one

Yup, after having a look at the configurator, I still want a RS4 ! :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Addict
Looks surprisingly nice in red!..

Looks great but I'm pretty sure you can't spec it like that in the UK. Only the carbon edition has those wheels and the carbon edition has all the ****** aluminium over it as you can't get it with the black/carbon option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looks great but I'm pretty sure you can't spec it like that in the UK. Only the carbon edition has those wheels and the carbon edition has all the ****** aluminium over it as you can't get it with the black/carbon option.

And no alcantara RS3 has it. Odd.

Reactions: DeanoC
And no alcantara RS3 has it. Odd.

You wait. All that is coming - along with big discounts

You wait. All that is coming - along with big discounts

Why, you think it will tank? Low sales? A lot of YouTube money out there now. Different market as you've eluded to in the past.

Why, you think it will tank? Low sales? A lot of YouTube money out there now. Different market as you've eluded to in the past.

It's just the Audi Sport sales technique. Shift them at a stupid high margin to people who will buy or upgrade early whatever it costs then add some good value packs, offer 10% discounts and launch plus or performance models a bit later down the line.

My minimum build is £74,150. If that is £65k in the spring then I'd be tempted

Reactions: TripleD and Thundercliffe81
It's just the Audi Sport sales technique. Shift them at a stupid high margin to people who will buy or upgrade early whatever it costs then add some good value packs, offer 10% discounts and launch plus or performance models a bit later down the line.

My minimum build is £74,150. If that is £65k in the spring then I'd be tempted

Ohhhhhhhh how your tune has changed

Ohhhhhhhh how your tune has changed

Sucker for new shiny things

Still only tempted though if they get desperate and offer really good deals. It's simply not good enough for big money. I'd still need a weekend fun car.

Sucker for new shiny things

Still only tempted though if they get desperate and offer really good deals. It's simply not good enough for big money. I'd still need a weekend fun car.

Magpie! Haha.

In 3 years when I test the RS6 (outgoing), I might consider this. Maybe. Probably a performance variant out then

Magpie! Haha.

In 3 years when I test the RS6 (outgoing), I might consider this. Maybe. Probably a performance variant out then

I reckon the new RS6 is going to be epic. That will throw a spanner in the works.

So excited for that car. Interior in the A7 is simply mega, V8 confirmed, hybrid option confirmed, s-tronic confirmed.

If they give it some stand out styling and don't charge much over 100k then boom!

I reckon the new RS6 is going to be epic. That will throw a spanner in the works.

So excited for that car. Interior in the A7 is simply mega, V8 confirmed, hybrid option confirmed, s-tronic confirmed.

If they give it some stand out styling and don't charge much over 100k then boom!

Oh HELLLLLLLS yeah. That will be the end game Car for me maybe. Imagine the presence, grunt and performance of the outgoing model coupled with weight saving and that interior? That's an absolute keeper. Probably 8 years away for me that car. Haha.

Anyway, maybe an RS4 Performance after I'm done with the V8 B8 IF they bring more aggression to the exhaust.

Remus have had s crack at the exhaust. It's...well, slightly different by the sounds of it but still Hoover-like. Pops are crackles are a little more spikey.

Remus have had s crack at the exhaust. It's...well, slightly different by the sounds of it but still Hoover-like. Pops are crackles are a little more spikey.

Goes to get headphones.....

Goes to get headphones.....

No. Sounds lame. Cabin and end 5 seconds give the game away. Exhaust external mics are not realistic

No. Sounds lame. Cabin and end 5 seconds give the game away. Exhaust external mics are not realistic

That's what I thought. The drive by shots are a true test. No significant difference. That to do with the engine or headers? Does it make it difficult to change the output sound?

That's what I thought. The drive by shots are a true test. No significant difference. That to do with the engine or headers? Does it make it difficult to change the output sound?

Well putting the exhaust through a turbo takes a lot of the noise out straight away but the RS5 suffers badly as it doesn't run split banks the whole length with a mix. The branches join early then split at the end for asthetics.

Well putting the exhaust through a turbo takes a lot of the noise out straight away but the RS5 suffers badly as it doesn't run split banks the whole length with a mix. The branches join early then split at the end for asthetics.

And say a...M3 or Alfa Quadrifoglio has that? Because the Alpha especially sounds pretty good. As does the M2. Both a turbo 6.

And say a...M3 or Alfa Quadrifoglio has that? Because the Alpha especially sounds pretty good. As does the M2. Both a turbo 6.

Straight 6 is different and I'm sure Alfa just put more effort in

I'm still waiting for the Audi Salesman to come back to me on changing my S4 for their demo one with Driving Assistance. Maybe I should hold out and wait for a demo RS4 instead :)

I'm still waiting for the Audi Salesman to come back to me on changing my S4 for their demo one with Driving Assistance. Maybe I should hold out and wait for a demo RS4 instead :)

I'd hold out mate. RS4 is a true RS. Despite the V6, it will retain more value than RS5 imo. And it just looks cooler haha. But a good deal is a good deal. Didn't realise you were changing up so soon.

Reactions: Addict
Got my name down to have one for the day when they arrive. Well actually got it down in 2 places so might get 2

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Keef
My dealer has promised me one for the day as a deal for a 5 star review.....I was going with 5 stars anyways!

Got one coming via arval. Thought I'd have a laugh and see what a 5 comes out as on the company car scheme. Pretty good at £700 a month with no deposit, unlimited miles, fully maintained and insured. That's £400 when you take off the income tax and NI you'd pay on the allowance.

Just a shame company car tax and tax free allowance claw back are real things
28d267de1f70e1e2b1fda4fea6f0e1ce.jpg

Reactions: Keef
Got one coming via arval. Thought I'd have a laugh and see what a 5 comes out as on the company car scheme. Pretty good at £700 a month with no deposit, unlimited miles, fully maintained and insured. That's £400 when you take off the income tax and NI you'd pay on the allowance.

Just a shame company car tax and tax free allowance claw back are real things
28d267de1f70e1e2b1fda4fea6f0e1ce.jpg

Co-incidentally, I'm just sat in Audi (awaiting our B9 having new key re-coded - lost one, ouch) and currently looking at this....

Rs5

Reactions: Addict, Thundercliffe81, Keef and 1 other person
Got my name down to have one for the day when they arrive. Well actually got it down in 2 places so might get 2

My local dealer would never ever allow me to do this

First time I've seen this RS5 green on an RS6

Reactions: TripleD, NickGun and Riko0073
My local dealer would never ever allow me to do this

They will once you start buying RS'

That's me told haha. Awkward

You know you're really loved when your courtesy car is better than your car

You know you're really loved when your courtesy car is better than your car

So dangerous that. They have an RS4 a while back when mine was in to tempt me. Simply couldn't afford it but it's dangerous haha.

First time I've seen this RS5 green on an RS6

Do like the Sonoma Green, but then we've a Gotland Green B9 and a Racing Green MX-5 so we're biased... speaking of greens seems Audi have embraced green, hadn't seen that particular green on an S3 before, all pics from about an hour ago in Leeds Audi... RS5 and Rs6 especially nice.

Apologies for poor quality phone pics - was supposed to be working while awaiting key coding, complimentary tea/coffee and toast/crumpets helps but then you end up paying for it with main dealer prices I guess....

IMG 1427
IMG 1434

Attachments

• IMG_1429.JPG
    IMG_1429.JPG
    616.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    710.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    513.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    713.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1424.JPG
    IMG_1424.JPG
    587.6 KB · Views: 147
Do like the Sonoma Green, but then we've a Gotland Green B9 and a Racing Green MX-5 so we're biased... speaking of greens seems Audi have embraced green, hadn't seen that particular green on an S3 before, all pics from about an hour ago in Leeds Audi... RS5 and Rs6 especially nice.

Apologies for poor quality phone pics - was supposed to be working while awaiting key coding, complimentary tea/coffee and toast/crumpets helps but then you end up paying for it with main dealer prices I guess....

View attachment 141201 View attachment 141202

Looks a heck of a lot better without a bright white reg plate plastered on the front of the honeycomb. And you do right...we earn that free tea and coffee haha

Reactions: NickGun
I took an RS5 out on Thursday for a play around and get a feel for the engine.. despite everything said on here so far around the costs and engine sound, it’s great fun to drive and the torque and pull on your stomach is amazing. But as said earlier, the RS4 is the true RS.. Can’t wait to get mine now!

Looking through this thread is not good......busy trying to see how I can justify the asking price of a Nogaro RS4! What a beautiful car.

Reactions: Addict