RS3 Turbo

pinterovski

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Is it possible to replace the current K04 from S3 8P for an RS3 Turbine?
I know it sounds a bit odd,but i need to know!
Cheers!

Talk to Alex as he's replaced his a few times now.

Reactions: pinterovski
I wouldn't have thought so as the turbine is significantly larger.

The housing on the K04 may not be big enough and you'd need to as someone like turbo technics to be certain.

i know the 8L boys are trying at GT30 or 35 turbine wheel on a ko4... they getting on they 1.8t's 350-380hp.. but again thats on a 1.8t.. and do believe they have been successful so im would assume it is workable

Ko4 hybrid would be an upgrade for the s3 right ?
My mates just ordered a GT2872 for his s3 1.8T hes currently running a ko4 hybrid with rs6 turbo internals from cr turbos and has only managed 330bhp with injectors forge fmic jbs manifold milltek all forged engine, but he said hes looking for 450bhp with new turbo ill report back when he has fitted new turbo it also have a special manifold for the new turbo looks amazing

Ko4 hybrid would be an upgrade for the s3 right ?
My mates just ordered a GT2872 for his s3 1.8T hes currently running a ko4 hybrid with rs6 turbo internals from cr turbos and has only managed 330bhp with injectors forge fmic jbs manifold milltek all forged engine, but he said hes looking for 450bhp with new turbo ill report back when he has fitted new turbo it also have a special manifold for the new turbo looks amazing

that poor gt2872 will work its tits off and not manage 400hp tell him to go the gt3076 route since he's changed rods and pistons...

it is possible but expensive my turbo builder estiamted it would cost me about a £1000 to build basically a ttrs/ k04 hybrid which is what the loba 4xx is i just need to find a ttrs turbo to cut up so he can weld the housings together, he is the business he been building turbos for over 15 years used to be floor manager at turbo dynamics and built me a custom stage 3 hybrid for my tdi bora before buying my s3

but also my turbo builder said he has a normal hybrid route that would cost like £700 and has wheels that should push 400hp if anyone wants his details let me know what he cannot build isnt worth building !

i'd put it this way...

For 400+bhp,the LO4xx is a good choice,and the GTX2876 is good for up to 460bhp.

Above that,and with forged internals,a GTX3071 or 3076 is the choice.

yeah seems like a good option should spool fast as well thats why im trying to build one save some money from the massive price loba charge for them ! , although still waiting for the guy to sort my car alex ! it going legal next week and i am planning on getting the engine rebuild by a local buy who does rally and formula ford engines and ship over some forged rods and pistons from the us save a few pounds ! what comp ratio did you go for 9.5:1 ?

Yes it's possible. A company called Beach Buggy Turbos does this conversion, he's highly recommended by R-tech. What he does exactly I'm not 100% but I know after some witchcraft and turbo voodoo he harness the TTRS/RS3 turbo into the K04.

Yes it's possible. A company called Beach Buggy Turbos does this conversion, he's highly recommended by R-tech. What he does exactly I'm not 100% but I know after some witchcraft and turbo voodoo he harness the TTRS/RS3 turbo into the K04.

took it straight from my mouth lol... thats it basically beachbuggy he has a thread showing his work ..(its patented too i think) its taken him month to achieve this testing it at badger5 and on his own S3 .. gotta love the confidence.. :D

yeah seems like a good option should spool fast as well thats why im trying to build one save some money from the massive price loba charge for them ! , although still waiting for the guy to sort my car alex ! it going legal next week and i am planning on getting the engine rebuild by a local buy who does rally and formula ford engines and ship over some forged rods and pistons from the us save a few pounds ! what comp ratio did you go for 9.5:1 ?

There is a reasonable choice of rods but it's worth noting that they all look pretty much the same,and whilst they are finished and sold by separate companies,I am not sure if they have a common source,as all of them were in v short supply at the same time a few yrs ago.

In any case,Integrated Engineering,J.E. and PEC in the UK all make good components.

I used PEC rods and Wossner pistons,and although Revo recommend a stock CR,the Wossners are 9.2:1,so considerably lower than the stock 10.5:1

I stand corrected i tx him he said its GT2876 And is rated around 480bhp but says 450bhp he will be happy

sounds more like it is it a GTXR ? as it will have the spool of a gt30 basically so sounds about right...

Thanks for the replies!
Yes Loba is a nice piece of kit but it's too costly just for a rebuild turbo!

well i know what you means its like a cut and shut turbo one half of one and one halfs the other can get one built for alot less if you can find a ttrs turbo

Beach buggy turbos are doing a test build of a K04-64 on a 1.8t! It'll be a hybrid as well! If you look for prawns thread on the 8l section then you'll see what a hybrid can make!