RS3 8V - Video reviews, clips and more

Well new info is coming out about the new A class quite regularly now, new A45 could be out this year. Supposedly there's going to also be an A43 to compete with S3/Golf R.

Well new info is coming out about the new A class quite regularly now, new A45 could be out this year. Supposedly there's going to also be an A43 to compete with S3/Golf R.

Yep and the new A45 will be called THE PREDATOR !! stupid name.

And have at least 400ps.

Have you seen the video on carwow of it, admittedly all wrapped up, but it’s huge and looks ghastly! The interior looks naff to. Not a fan

Yeah just had a look.
It says the interior will be 'splashed with sporty trim' more like splashed with crud. It looks *****!

Never liked the new style rounded mercs especially these A class hairdresser cars.
I was a fan of the older C class squarer shaped motors especially the C63 but it should of been 4wd.

Reactions: FBF01
I just hope the new A3 doesn't have only touchscreens like the new A class interior. I also don't like the touch interface on the steering wheel, seems an easy way to get accidental inputs. I don't mind touchscreens as long as they keep the MMI wheel.

Not seen anything on the new A45 but if it's as naff as is being described here then that's disappointing. I was maybe tempted to get one next year after the RS3. Had quite a few VAG cars and am tempted to try something different.

Reactions: teslaboy
Well I saw it from this Carwow video. A45 is predicted to have similar or slightly more BHP than RS3 so they can win that ' ultra hatch battle' at least on paper. Would still be 4 cylinder though.

Looks like Australians are modifying their FL RS3's a lot.

Well I saw it from this Carwow video. A45 is predicted to have similar or slightly more BHP than RS3 so they can win that ' ultra hatch battle' at least on paper. Would still be 4 cylinder though.

Looks like Australians are modifying their FL RS3's a lot.

That FL Saloon sounds AWSOME!!

Eh it sounds awful.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Eh it sounds awful.

TX.

The way I describe the FL sound to people is that it sounds like you might expect a 5cyl to sound like...as in, an extra cylinder over a 4-pot. The PFL is more like a 7cyl!

I think this very short clip is of a modified one too.

Someone been doing a drag race between a huracan and RS3 in the UK. Another very short video.

RS3 has that despite a cheeky roll from the Huracan!

well, opinions are like a**holes, or what's the saying again ;)

Collected my FL Saloon this afternoon, only got to drive it from the dealer home to a dinner party (about 15 mins drive, through city traffic)... for me, the sound is ****** awsome, coming from a Golf R Estate mind you.

Looking forward to trick my wife to take the kids on some adventure without dad tomorrow so I can get cracking on the break-in :racer:

Reactions: T-800, Evotion, Evil Diesel and 1 other person
Eh it sounds awful.

TX.

Yeah I agree - my FL doesn’t sound anything like that! That car sounded terrible- really tinny, no bass and weird pings not pops - sounded really restricted or something....

Reactions: Terminator x
Yeah I agree - my FL doesn’t sound anything like that! That car sounded terrible- really tinny, no bass and weird pings not pops - sounded really restricted or something....
Agree. Standard FL sounds great, that one was nasty. Like a popcorn machine, yuk.

TX.

Reactions: teslaboy

Trounced!

Just seen their vid of a drag race between an RS3 saloon and an RS5. The first race the Rs5 won as the RS3 got a bad start and clearly not on LC. 2nd race the RS3 beat the RS5, though we cant see it as vid inside each car facing the driver...doh!

It is? I've heard so many stock ones that all sound different, I've forgot how it sounds like.

Is this one stock too?

This one sounds weaker than the nardo grey one.

This one too doesn't get as loud bang as the nardo grey.

First one sounds like a decat the other 2 stock sports exhaust.

Mind you, you should have heard Mr DW81 & I blasting it back through the Dartford Tunnel this afternoon - what a symphony - he provided the downshift bangs and I fed in the upshift thunder. Best £1.75 toll I ever spent.

Reactions: Evotion and D0C

Kind of like the blacked out wheel look, might do this to mine

a43 makes perfect sense as theres a big gap between the a250 and a45

Ah yeah. I take it back. The pic I saw was a concept version! :)
Merc

If it looked like that, or the hatchback had that front and overall line, then who wouldn't buy it.
Alas, I did a quick check and saw a couple of the camp pics of the 2018 A Series and it does indeed look a bit shocking.

Awful awful design these new mercs.
Who the hell is their designer he/she needs shooting.
Rather have a Ford! Maybe not....

That picture could be the CLA45? This was the picture of the new A class front.

18c0081_01.jpg

Naaa... doesn’t do anything for me! That stretched out screen just looks way out’a place

Nothing seems to flow or work with each other in the interior... it’s just a no haha

Reactions: JamesCrs3 and Callump01
It looks like the interior has different colour options and the LED lights change colour. I like some parts of it but overall prefer Audi's current interior. Lets see what the next gen A3 interior is like, should be coming within 1-2 years.

17c833_010.jpg

17c833_013.jpg

17c850_10.jpg

Agreed, interior is dreadful. The screen looks better now its blended with the speedo but it looks stupid that they didn't blend it with the dash. I just don't see the point of a touchscreen that high up in the middle of the dash - you cant reach it