Roof aerial replacement

a3rob

Reaction score
Im thinking of fitting a shark fit aerial the the A3.

Any suggestions on the best one to get.

cheers

Hello, iam also looking for one to replace the arieal on my S3 any help appricated

S2000 stubby is the mod of choice for many, i prefer OEM but each to their own ;)

Tried getting one of them for my Golf MK4 but could not get them for rocking horse s**t.....

Is there a shark fin which looks ok out there????

you'll struggle.... and it would have to be body coloured to make it at least half decent, thats assming you dont get one of the crappy designed ebay jobbies ;)

dunno wrong person to ask :)

theres also the consideration of buying a cheap shark fin, you may have a dramatic loss of reception which would annoy the crap outta me if id gone to all that trouble

Thats got to be the shittest iv seen. Audi do a shark fin aerial for the a3s with nav. Its £58 +vat

Rob if you Got DAB you not though of just removing all together ??

I like the idea and it could look OK if colour matched but i don't know if i could do it..

OEM BABY:kissmyrings:

what about one like this??

SDC11514.jpg

sharkfins dont look right on anything but big executive cars imo. Stubby FTW! mine was free and its OEM Audi part!

what about one like this??

SDC11514.jpg

sharkfins dont look right on anything but big executive cars imo. Stubby FTW! mine was free and its OEM Audi part!

Have you got part no does it flush with base? Think it looks really good!

its the OEM Ariel with the long bit snipped off. drop a dab of apoxy on the top so its water tight again and bang.. you have a fully working Ariel that looks better than old thing that makes your car look like a bumper car! and its free!

its the OEM Ariel with the long bit snipped off. drop a dab of apoxy on the top so its water tight again and bang.. you have a fully working Ariel that looks better than old thing that makes your car look like a bumper car! and its free!

Does this affect the reception by alot?

not that i have noticed mate. i listen to a couple of pirates and radio 1. have had not problems yet. I copyed another guy on here who done it. :)