1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNS-E HELP!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by DTL410, Sep 30, 2012.

1. DTL410

DTL410 New Member

Hi,

New to this forum but looking for some help.

I have a 2011 A3 black edition with RNS-E, multi function steering wheel and speech dialogue system.

Reading the RNS manual, it appears I should be able to operate telephone, radio and navigation but all I can do is record voice tags to dial numbers. Not sure if I'm missing something or ths is all the functionality the system has for some reason. Just seems strange the manual mentions all of the other functions in the speech control section and I seem to have all the necessary elements.

Any help would be appreciated.

#1 DTL410, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. NICK-C

NICK-C Nick

Hi, as far as I know you can only operate the phone with the speech button. I have a my11 S3 and that's all I could do with it. I got a company to unlock it all for me, which I think involves extra wiring aswell. have a look at www.vwcruise.com Gareth there is very helpful.
    Not sure if there is any other way it can be done, but maybe someone else knows?

3. jasonc

jasonc Active Member
    Audi S3

Personally I wouldn't bother with the speech functionality.

Press the Mode button on the Steering wheel and you should see your address book in the DIS, scroll through with the left wheel and press in to dial - quicker and easier than arguing with a voice activated system in my experience.