RNS-E 8L Audi S3 help please...

I've done about 10 of these, they are pretty straight forward.

1. Run the cluster speed pulse to the harness.
2. Recode to A6 and reset.

I learnt the hardway like yourself by spending nearly 6 hours on the first one I did, until I could get the pointer to move in Nav mode I couldn't install the unit. It was down to coding and not doing a reset of the unit.

Yep, 0502111 no BOSE and make sure adaptation channel 8 is set 0 ~ 5

or

0509111 if your car has BOSE and make sure adaptation channel 8 is set to 255

Think that adaptation channel bit i got confused.

anyway, double checked wires, wil volt meter, its all connected.

but... i droped my ****** laptop the one with vagcom so now the hard drive is screwed

my car battery is now dead,

lol

stresssss

just waiting for battery to charge then ill take it for a spin, and hopefully it should work (i doubt it very much tho)

Took it for a spin, but sat still doesnt work, 100% speed signal :(

Thanks Craig, am still going to try and master it and will let you know what happens

Craig,

just checking

Behind the cluster, the blue block

is it behind the rev counter, left hand side ?

If i can remember correctly its the blue connector behind dash pin #3 and its a blue and white wire connect this to pin B3 (v-signal pin) on your RNS-E, also make sure its coded for an a6 otherwise it does not pick up the speed signal.

Finally its all sorted :)

Big Thanks to Craig for all the above help
and 1Wheelonly for the vag com coding

Thanks alot both for all the info and help, and thanks for working in the cold 1wheel and adding the extra things via vagcom.

Very happy i am now, Next mission- bring on the bluetooth lol

Hi guys, I don't speak very well English, sorry!
I have an Audi S3 8L and I installed it RNS-E coding A6
I have a problem with RNS-E. I want to set the starting image with logo S3, is it possible to do it in my car with the encoding of the A6? Thank you!