Richard Hammond critically ill

Best wishes to hammy... by far the best presenter on the show....IMO

In a statement, the Hospital Trust said: "Mr Hammond has suffered a significant brain injury.
"It's still giving cause for concern as it is still early after the injury.
"However, we are reasonably optimistic that he will make a good recovery."

FactionOne said:
A bit daft possibly, but as I was gonna be up anyway and we've already had the thread about late night drives - I've just got back from Leeds General where I dropped off a get well card for Richard and his family - only wanted to mention because I signed it also on behalf of the well-wishers from the site.

Fingers crossed he makes a full and fast recovery eh.

Regards,

Rob.

You've got class, Rob. Thanks for doing that. You spoke for us all.

Speedy recovery Richard, our thoughts are with you and your family during the difficult time.

Arguably the best presenter from the World's Best TV Show. Hope to see him back to full health real soon!

FactionOne said:
A bit daft possibly, but as I was gonna be up anyway and we've already had the thread about late night drives - I've just got back from Leeds General where I dropped off a get well card for Richard and his family - only wanted to mention because I signed it also on behalf of the well-wishers from the site.

Fingers crossed he makes a full and fast recovery eh.

Regards,

Rob.

Really nice touch mate ,cheers from all of us,
saw this on the BBC news "Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has suffered a "significant brain injury" after crashing a jet-powered car at speeds of up to 300mph during filming." just hope its nothing serrious and its very short term! and is back to "work" soon :thumbsup:
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5367616.stm)

Also saw this wee quote about top gear

"It is currently shown in more than 100 countries around the world, and Top Gear magazine is the UK's biggest-selling car magazine. "

Was out last night and couldn't believe it when the news flashed up on the TV in the pub. Get well soon Richard, we are all rooting for you. Thanks to Rob for dropping in the card.

Seems like a top bloke, hope he pulls through.

Gotta think of his family (wife and 2 young daughters). It's always worse when children are involved, like with Steve Irwin. I have 2 children exactly the same age as Steve Irwin's and to think what they're going through ... poor little blighters.

Anyway, drifting off topic slightly, get well soon hammy.

Mike

P.S. Anyone else notice the message on the audi-sport homepage ...

"From everyone at Audi-Sport.net, we wish you a VERY SPEEDY recovery."

A little insensitive perhaps, but purely accidental I'm sure. ;o)

P.P.S. I heard them say on the radio that the "car" is capable of 0-270mph in 6 seconds!! DAMN that's quick!!!

not sure why you think thats insensitive.........what do you want me to say ? We hope you linger in hospital for ever ?

Anyway, I've changed the line, Im sure you'll pick it it bits, let me know what you'd like me to put.

I reckon even if Hamster ever did read it that he would find it very amsuing and also I'm sure he be heartened by all your comments.. Oly's "Speedy Recovery" was right, if it was a pun or not.

Sorry chaps, didn't mean to upset anyone. I wasn't remotely offended by the "very speedy recovery" comment, I found it quite amusing, as I'm sure Richard would. Was just pointing out what I thought was an accidental pun, apologies.

Anyway, back to important stuff ... I heard on the radio that he's still critical but stable, and the docs are still confident he'll make a "good recovery". A little worrying that they're not saying "full recovery", but here's hoping he'll be ok.

Cheers

Mike

sad news this is, hope he gets better soon,

Get Well soon hamster boy

as above - he's out of intensive care now and is stable :)

wonder if he'll go back to top gear once he's recovered?

Of course he'll go back to top gear he's a true petrol head, If it was just sever concusion or some such with no long term damage I can see them all sitting around taking the **** out of him.

Clarkson's already made a joke about it being caused by his **** driving to him.

The charity has now got way over £52,000 - good work everyone!

Mikebabs1 said:
P.S. Anyone else notice the message on the audi-sport homepage ...

"From everyone at Audi-Sport.net, we wish you a VERY SPEEDY recovery."

A little insensitive perhaps, but purely accidental I'm sure. ;o)

LOL...what would you suggest was said? Speedy, quick, fast, zippy, sprightly...

Just read this;

"His co-presenter Jeremy Clarkson, a Sun columnist, said in the paper the father-of-two got to his feet and walked "shakily" to the toilet during the early hours of Friday - just 30 hours after the crash."

Sounds promising.

Get well soon Hammy!