Revo stage 1 remap. Other mods required?

willh92

Reaction score
Hi all,

looking at getting my '99 S3 remapped by revo to the stage 1 level in the new year. Was wondering if there are any other mods you guys recommend getting done at the same time, for example new clutch or brakes upgrade. Or if simply the cars standard internals are up to the job of 265bhp running through ?

Cheers

will

A health check is recommended,usually a remap will speed up an existing fault.
What mileage ?

Just had a health check at audi, all that was found was slight oil leak from the cam cover and cam chain adjuster gasket. Which I found confusing as I thought these motors were cambelts? Which on my car was changed (apparently) 3000 miles ago. It has covered 79500 miles serviced every 6k at audi. Ive owned it for 3 months, not had any issues.

They have both a belt and chain mate. Boost leaks are common on these cars and a health check won't highlight them all , ideally the system needs to be pressurised to find them. Where are you based? People may be able to advise where best to take the car for a remap close to you.

Just had a health check at audi, all that was found was slight oil leak from the cam cover and cam chain adjuster gasket. Which I found confusing as I thought these motors were cambelts? Which on my car was changed (apparently) 3000 miles ago. It has covered 79500 miles serviced every 6k at audi. Ive owned it for 3 months, not had any issues.

They run a cambelt on one side onto on sprocket on one camshaft, and a cam chain on the other which links the 2 cam shafts.

The 20vT is cam belt from crankshaft up to the exhaust cam pulley. Then at the other end of the exhaust camshaft is a chain that link the exhaust and inlet camshafts together.

The engine internals should be fine at stage 1 power.
If the clutch isn't slipping/flywheel still quiet then I wouldn't bother with touching them.
Brakes all depend on how hard you are on them. If you drive it quite hard then maybe uprated pads and a brake fluid change would be a good start.
Make sure you fill her up with V-power (or other higher octane fuel) :icon_thumright:

oh right I see, forever learning! Is the cambelt what you can see on the left side of the engine as you look at it under the bonnet? And i assume the cam chain should last the life of the engine.

They have both a belt and chain mate. Boost leaks are common on these cars and a health check won't highlight them all , ideally the system needs to be pressurised to find them. Where are you based? People may be able to advise where best to take the car for a remap close to you.
I am based in Portsmouth mate.

Would fitting a turboback exhaust require a remap?

Thats right , belt on left and chain on right if looking from the front.

If going to the trouble of fitting a complete exhaust system then yes you would want a remap to make the most of it.
You would want a custom map though.

Would be a bit of a drive for you but Badger 5 in stonehouse gloucestershire gets the thumbs up from me.