1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro-fit Nav system with SD slots

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by S4 SWO, Jun 8, 2012.

1. S4 SWO

S4 SWO Member

Evening,

I currently have an 8P A3 but im looking at upgrading to an A4 avant. I've seen one I like in my price range with the high spec which I want... The only thing it doesn't have is a sat nav/ multimedia system.

Now is this able to be retrofitted? And what would I actually need to complete?
    I also would want to get a system with SD slots.

Ive done a search but haven't come back with anything.

Thanks
  2. IanFM

IanFM Active Member

Ignore me I'm talking mince!
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  3. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

if you get a a4 with the hard drive sat nav you will get sd cards on the dash behind a flap with audi multimedia on it along with optional ami in the glovebox
  4. S4 SWO

S4 SWO Member

I have already retro-fitted an rns-e system to my a3. But with the A4 2009 onwards, it comes with the screen in the dash, surely it's just retrofitting the nav unit in glovebox with SD slots?

Rns-e system is the whole system including screen which is what I have in my a3
  5. a6_chris

ah you want to fit the nav too, unfortunately its more involved than that, you need a new control panel, front dash, glovebox bits, rear modules in the boot etc .. will be the guts of £2k to fit and code .. better to get a car with it installed already
  6. S4 SWO

S4 SWO Member

Well I've found the 3G nav system with 2 SD card slot on the bay for £595 which fits as standard in glovebox, I just didn't know what's needed to fit and connect to screen etc. I'm okay with coding as I have vcds.

I believe all the navigation buttons etc are on the centre console?
  7. a6_chris

You'll need the whole control panel down by the gear stick .. not an easy retrofit for basic users

and if thats the module i see myself on ebay, thats for the a6 which wont fit/work in the a4 as the a4 sd cards are located above climate panel

trust me, find a car with it already fitted, far easier

control panel below the gearstick and note the audi multimedia panel above the climate control is where the sd cards go

[​IMG]