Replacement Turbo S3

Righty, found someone who will be able to test my actuator for me...

Does anyone know what sort of pressure the actuator should be opening at?

Managed to get hold of a second hand K04 turbo that has been refurbed and used for 4k miles before being swapped out for another refurb due to a misdiagnosed noise.

All looks clean with no play to talk about in the shaft. It has had the exhaust manifold bolt holes rethreaded but the actuator seems up to the job and everything is looking good so far.

I did a look up on the number from the compressor outlet (5304 101 5078) which according to various sources translates to VAG PN: 06A 145 704 M. ETKA lists this as the turbo for non ESP cars and mine has ESP, is this likely to cause probs when I fit it? Whats the actual difference?

The VAG PN for mine is the Q variant.

OK, after looking over the new turbo I noticed a threaded hole in the exhaust side just under the actuator arm that I can't find reference too so I just had a look at my car and there appears to be a pipe coming out of it that looks like a bit of brake pipe going to a braided hose.

I have no idea what this does or where else it connects too but I can move the pipe from side to side which I suspect is not good. COuld this be the cause of my boost leak and therefore all my probs??? What does this pipe do??

Heres a pic of the threaded hole I am on about:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/tufftybloke/Random/turbo/IMG_3375.jpg

Ta

<tuffty/>

I now know what the threaded hole is for, EGR probe?? or somat... anyhoo, thats all fine and dandy now and not fixed the prob, had the actuator checked and shockingly, this was fine too...

So, gonna get the map removed methinks and refunded... end of...

<tuffty/>

OK, latest update.... I have had the map removed and been driving around in std trim for a couple of weeks (booooo!!!) and so far all is well with the world. I have the car 'booked' to see Badger Bill as I have heard nothing but good about him and he is more or less just down the road from where I live. I have visited him for a chat and he is confident that he can sort any probs that may be there (if at all).

I have since replaced a couple of items (temp sender and about to do the stat) and have had the knock sensor fault come up again. I swapped the sensors over to see if the fault would follow the sensor but had it return on sensor 1 which may indicate that there is an issue with the wiring (anybody who has had experience of this, please feel free to contribute)

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone (particularly Luke, Mark and Mike) for giving me some of thier time (over the phone or from a visit) in helping me sort my probs out, I would also like to thank Mark (Chip n Spin) for his constant support throughout the saga and of course CUK for thier understanding.

Moving forward I am most likely going to stick with Badger 5 and get a remap from Bill as resolving my problems has so far cost a small fortune in fuel alone!!!

Hopefully there is nothing too seriously wrong and any faults will show up properly now.

You gotta love modding cars... I know I do!!! ;P

<tuffty/>