Remote Central Locking Fail

wallrus

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 1999 Audi A3 1.8T Sport, recently the electric window on the drivers door broke and got stuck in the down position. Took it to a garage and the replaced the regulator (I think that was what the part was). Now the window works fine, however the remote central locking no longer works. I can lock and unlock the car with the key and start the engine but cant do anything with the fob. This worked fine before haveing the window fixed.
Does anybody know why this would have happened, what the cause is and how to fix.
Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Wallrus

Hi

did they disconnect the battery at all? Also they could've disturbed something in the door while doing the mechanism. If I was you i'd be paying them a visit & explaining the situation that the remote locking doesn't work anymore.

Also if you have 2 keys you can do the manual resync for your remote(s)

Craig

Hi. Thanks for your response. The garage are taking a look tomorrow. He asked me if the central locking was working before, so he was happy to look at it again. I don't have 2 keys. Is it possible that the fob needs re-syncing.

yeh could just be a simple resync to cure it. Depending what equipment they have they may be able to do it. If not let us know your location. There may be somebody near you that has VCDS & can have a look at it for you. I'm all over the country with work & have VCDS so can help out if need be

Ok nice one cheers for the offer. Hopefully they will b able 2 sort it. If not i will get in touch.