Remote central locking retrofit

Rite then as i understand it in need to do the following to get this to work:

get a '4DO 837 231' flip key
swap the transponder from my original key
chande my soft code to one of the following:
The VAG-COM soft coding is the same for all the older A3-A8.

Recode locking options (could be module 46 'Central Convenience' on some models)

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03468

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 12172

A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03340

S4, A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 16140

Add the following options to your coding number:

+64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.
-04 One touch unlock of all 4 doors and trunk
-1024 Remove horn honk when arming
+32 Auto lock/unlock of doors (Doors lock at 15 mph and unlock when key is removed)

So, if you want to have a 1999 A4 with Concert radio and anti-theft system and keyless entry, and you want to add window control with the remote along with auto-lock, then:
add 03340+64+32= 03436

and am ready to go!!! that correct???

arite lads

jus finished putting the right click system in

had a bit of issues when you would open the locks that the windows would come down aswell

checked diagram and the green wire is for negative window output so connected that to the earth and it worked perfectly

took me an hr to take the ****** trim off didnt want to break anything

but i think its worth it

MO

arite lads

got a lil situation with my windows

after fitting the alarm i attached the green wire for the wpower windows negative to the main black negative and now my windows have started to play up when i unlock the doors, the windows open half way and i cant figure out why do you think i ve missed anything out the wiring was the same as a3 steves

any help much appreciated in this weather with it raining all the time car gets wet and its annoying

thanx in advance

MO

Hi Mate,
On the central locking controller i have there is a selector, It determines how long a pulse is given to your lock signal. Sounds like you have the extended pulse selected, which will open your windows half way the same as it would if you manually opened the door with the key and held it in the open position.

Hope this makes sense?

Steve

jus wanna ask a quick question:
am i correct in thinink that you can enable auto-full closeure with VAG-COM? i mean so when u go to lock the car with the windows down all u need to do is hit the lock button once instead of having to keep the buton pressed in? or is it jus to enable the windows function.
cheers

The only way you can close ur windows with the oem fob is if you hold it down! its the same as holding the key in the door lock and it does the same!

hi all,

my first post so go easy on me if all info is not correct,

just been reading your posts about central locking and hoping someone may be able to help me with some wiring details for an 80 Sport 16v.

from memeory my Audi pump only has 5 wires so maybe a piece of cake compared to other systems i've read about.

i have had the multimeter on the wires but was a bit unsure after checking the outputs of how to wire my remote locking system to it

the wires as far as i know are,

posative (can't remember colour)
negative (can't remember colour)
brown & green
brown & blue
Red

my central locking kit is yet another flea bay purchase but is one of the Audi flip key type systems so hope it should work but the wiring diagrams are poor to say the least.

I have attempted as per instructions recieved but it doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Hi Richard,
I'd try testing with a Multimeter whilst someone operates your locking system. Do you know if your locks are negative or positively switched?

If they are negative like my A3, then you should get a blip voltage reading on your meter for each signal (Open/Close)

If your unsure how to test negatively, then place the Red probe on the Live on the Pump and then test each wire with the black probe with your Meter set to DC Volts. To test Positively place your Black probe on the negative Pump wire and test using the Red Probe.

Ill see if i can find something on the wiring diagram front later.

What year is your Motor?

Steve

cheers steve,

i will have to wait till the weekend now to have a crack at it in the daylight,

getting really pee'd off with these dark nights and dark mornings, can't seem to get anything done.

my motor is a 1991 j plate 2.0 16 Valve Sport,

also plan on fitting a 40mm lowering kit this weekend

a bit more used to mechanics rather than electrics!

thanks again,

richard

Hi Richard,
No joy i'm afraid on the wiring diagram front, Post back if you have any wiring problems - Hopefully we should be able to sort it.

Steve

Hi i noticed that a few people have removed the transponder from the key.
firstly i have a crap picture but if anyone can tell me if it is the transponder:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=2192

secondly, how did people remove it? if i have to cut it out thats fair does but i dont wanna do it until my flip part comes off flea bay!

P.S remote £43 from Audi and flip part £8 ebay so £52 for full near genuine audi key, not bad!!!

I went to audi and got a 2 buttor remote for my central locking, did the two key procedure and i am pleased to say that it now works a treat!! i actually got the fob from a shop down the road from audi cheaper and it was a genuine audi part because the Audi Guy sent me there cos they were out of stock! £30 bargain!!

so the 8L0 862 257 G central locking pump does have a r/f reciever in it!!
Sofe code is set to 13130

Nice one mate - Its great when things like this turn out good!

Steve

yea am ova the moon!!! just got to wait for the key part off ebay!! you dont happen to know how to remove the transponder out of the original key??

one of my keys has a light in it and it comes apart, the other looks to have it in the end of th metal part of the key! any suggestions?

Hi,
Haven't done it personally, Ill have a look at one of my keys later and see if i can see anything.

Steve

Hi Guys,
Here goes:
Audi Side
There are 3 plugs that go to the central locking Pump.

Power Plug = Self explanatory
Black Plug = Has the Close signal wire
Brown Plug = Has the Open Signal wire

Power plug (haven't documented the colour, but has unique cable colours to identify)

12v+ = RED/BLACK 10A general fused supply - your unit has a de-rated fuse
12v- = Brown

Black Plug Close
Red/Brown cable - note* watch out there is a Brown/red cable also on the same plug!!!!!

Brown Plug Open
Grey cable

Interface Wiring connections - * May be different on your Unit!!!!
Code:
Note your Open/close signals are negatively switched!

Interface                                                  Audi 

Blue (Close)                   ------->          Red/Brown
Green (Open)                 ------->          Grey
Yellow Switched Common ------->          12v- brown
Yellow/Black Common      ------->          12v- brown
Red 12V+                      ------->          Red/Black
Black 12v-                    ------->           Brown
Purple (indicators)          ------->           Didnt bother connecting
I didnt bother with the Indicators as they flash from the factory Alarm

I have a PDF with the central locking/Alarm wiring - PM me with your Email if you need it.

The kit came with Scotch lock connectors, but i always solder connections and hate these things.

Is there a way i can attach a pdf here? or do i not have enough posts yet?

I havent done this yet as i only have the one Key at the mo, the boot button does nothing, but could be wired to release the boot if you fit a soleniod to your tailgate.

Next thing i'm going to try is transplanting the Circuit board into a genuine Flip key.

Hope this helps

Steve :blackrs4:

Can you send me a color diagram of the CL pump?

somone please help, a3 central locking unit, the location of it in the car? i have a retro fit kit from ebay. with a wiring diagram but i need a wiring diagram for the a3 8l agu 98

thanks

can any one shed any light on my c / l pump i have an 8l0 862 257 H is it capable to take a flip out 2 button key? for R/C/L